Greek yogurt

2»

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    I just made a yummy tzatziki sauce. I spoon it over grilled chicken on a little piece of naan bread (or tortilla)

add some greek seasonings and marinate chicken on it, then grill.

I mostly eat it with a little honey and cereal (no milk) and fresh berries if I have any on hand. You can add ranch seasoning to it and make a nice dip that's not as deadly calorie-wise as mayo.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    My favorite recipe with plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt:

1tbsp (or to taste) PB powder
    1 tsp (or to taste) honey
    vanilla to taste
    1 tbsp mini chocolate chips

So amazingly good and a low cal, high protein dessert

@Sharon_C is that for a 1/2 c plain? Or 1 c? That sounds amazing!! I looooove PB and I have some of that powder I don't use often

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    I love plain Greek yogurt with honey. Sometimes I'll add chopped fruit (my favorite is nectarines).
    I also make dip for veggies with it: either some dill, lemon juice, salt and a touch of mint, or dry ranch mix are the ones I use most often.
    I use it instead of sour cream on chili or baked potatoes.
    Instead of mayo (which I don't really like anyway) in tuna or chicken salad (I did try it with egg salad once, and it was only okay in that instance).
    Mix it into soups for some added creaminess.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Using it as you would sour cream and for Indian food are both excellent ideas. I use it as a dip for fruits and veg often. Delicious with both apples and roasted root veg.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Tricia7188 wrote: »
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    My favorite recipe with plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt:

1tbsp (or to taste) PB powder
    1 tsp (or to taste) honey
    vanilla to taste
    1 tbsp mini chocolate chips

So amazingly good and a low cal, high protein dessert

@Sharon_C is that for a 1/2 c plain? Or 1 c? That sounds amazing!! I looooove PB and I have some of that powder I don't use often

I make this with pb powder as well and add some sea salt! So good! I know that sounds strange but it gives it more of a pb flavor like Reese's especially when adding the chocolate chips! I use swerve sweetner or pyure sweetner so I don't use extra calories and it's so natural. Sometimes I'll add a tsp of chia seeds to thicken it up like a pudding after letting it sit in fridge for a few minutes.

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    I forced myself to start eating greek yogurt because it has so much protein and is lower calorie. For the first month or so I hated it and adding stuff like honey or cocoa didn't help. I just kept forcing myself to eat it and now I love it so hard.

I know that when mixing in the fruit in the chobani fruit on the bottom yogurt it makes it taste more like regular yogurt, so maybe cook some fruit down to make a compote and mix that in? Have also used it to make cole slaw and as a mayo sub in potato and macaroni salad.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    You can put cheesecloth in a strainer, drain it in the refrigerator for maybe 24 hours (might want to stir it midway). You can use the result similarly to cream cheese (might want to add a little salt depending on how you use it).
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Try adding 1 T of sugar free flavored syrup (I like Vanilla Torani) and some berries for a healthy dessert option.

Or, I made an avocado aioli (Biggest Loser recipe) that was very tasty that included plain greek yogurt. I put it on a turkey burger but you could put it on a wrap or sandwich.
  • hellobirdie_xo
    hellobirdie_xo Posts: 31 Member
    I soak 10g of oats, 20g of chia seeds & 50g of frozen berries in 150g greek yogurt overnight (with about 20ml of milk / water just so it's a bit easier to mix), then take out in the morning, top with a few more berries and about 10g of peanut butter - amazing! :)