Millenials, Rise Up and Unite! (20s, early 30s, people who look at Buzzfeed too much)

1235»

Replies

• amlasand
    amlasand Posts: 11 Member
    Hey all I'm Sunny!

College (alum/current student): Wisconsin Alum

Fitness Goals: Lose about 20 lbs more and maybe one day get a six pack haha

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?
    Insanity, Tennis, Basketball, Yoga

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc):
    I've used MFP for about 6 months but I want to lead a healthier lifestyle so hope to stay long term!

Anything else pertinent: Currently I'm applying to medical school and studying for the MCAT so keeping a healthy diet will be tough with all my stress!

Feel free to add me everyone I would like some more support and motivation and friends would definitely help!
  • aymigirl
    aymigirl Posts: 7 Member
    Fitness Goals: lose 100 pounds [85 more to go]
    Exercising: I've just started going back to the gym 3 days a week to lift and 5 days a week i do DailyBurn exercises
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): i joined a while ago and just stopped using it because it didnt give me the motivation i needed. I need more accountablility.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Deadpool
    Anything else pertinent: i could really use some more motivators and support so feel free to add me and ill do my beat to support you too!
  • regacman
    regacman Posts: 6 Member
    Hey! I'd love some support!

College (alum/current student): WUSTL / UGA
    Fitness Goals: Lose weight and actually be active. Whoops.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? 3/4 Days a week
    Weight Training and Cardio
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I've used MFP on and off through grad school, but am trying to be on consistently every day.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I like non-fiction things and biographies?
    Anything else pertinent: Just moved to a new city and am finally out of school! Hoping to find encouragement and community
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    This is really cool!! My name is Alena. (:

Occupation: Just a student now. Until recently I was a customer service rep for Verizon.

College (alum/current student): Currently at Pima Community College (Game Design/Programming)

Fitness Goals: Drop 50 pounds or so. Lost roughly 5 so far.

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I lift weights at home, trying to gain back muscle I've lost. I'll make myself run if I can get passed the desert heat!!

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I'm pretty good about popping in daily.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I watch a lot of movies and shows. And also read...often. My favorite authors however are Kim Harrison, Jennifer Armentrout, and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Anything else pertinent: Oh boy. I love video games, I'm also great at puzzles and logic. So programming and making games are right up my alley. I also love anime and cosplaying, reading, and dancing. I discovered no matter how cleanly I eat, weight doesn't come off unless I cut back on carbs. So I try to stick to thay and don't bother with calorie counting. (I just eat smaller portions when I'm hungry). Not sure what else to ramble about. Feel free to add me though!! The community is a huge motivator. (:
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member

Fitness Goals: To complete the London Marathon 2017

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I mostly run, with a bit of strength training, yoga and pilates thrown in when I feel like it!

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I'm on here every day although I don't log my food anymore as since going vegan I've started experimenting more with cooking and I can never be bothered to weigh it all!

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Harry Potter!

Anything else pertinent: I'm a mum of 1 adorable soon to be 5 year old!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Old millennial.

Occupation: Project Administrator / Marketing Officer / Tour Booker - basically freelance Jack of all trades in the arts (mainly theatre or dance)

College: University of Bristol (Drama and English) & Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama (Arts Management)

Fitness goals: improve lung function (need blue inhaler for allergies, tendency to get chest infections, regularly wheezy, not very fit) and obviously to look fit AF

Exercising: walk my 2 dogs daily for 20-30 min at least. Starting to use my home exercise bike again (20 min x 2 times a week but will up it to 30min x 3). Plus I'm joining my sister's gym so she'll make me go with her. Used to jog but fell out of love with it after a horrid 10k.

Consistency: wobbly. Oh, you mean how often I log... I'm all or nothing. I'm back on it after a big time not logging and I've put on SOOOOO much. I know the rules, just have no willpower. I'm back to being sensible. Promise.

Favourite movie / book / whatever: erm... I can't think right now. Film: Aladdin? Calamity Jane? Amelie? Book: Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter

Anything else pertinent: I've got kids (boys aged 4&7 and stepdaughter age 9)
  • KatMR16
    KatMR16 Posts: 25 Member

College (alum/current student): went to college for astrophysics
    Fitness Goals: getback to me prepregnancy weight before both kiddos
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I do Jillian Michael's body revolution, cycling at the gym, yoga and zumba!
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): i will be here long term and i get on everyday
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: gosh. This is a loaded question lol. I LOVE books and movies. Anything nerdy. Love comic books too. LotR, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, etc etc. Favorite comics are Superman and Green Arrow. I'm a DC girl for comics but Marvel movies are better!
    Anything else pertinent
  • MysticMeg_17
    MysticMeg_17 Posts: 4 Member
    Love this! Feel free to add me i love the encouragement!

Fitness Goals: Loose 50kg :smiley: (7 down 43 to go!) Complete the Jenson Button Trust Mini Triathlon 2017

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes! Boxersie x 2 , Spinning, LesMills Body Pump x 2, Fitness Step (Step aerobics), Pilates, Kettlebells, Bootcamp Bit of everything really! :smiley:

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Everyday...27 day streak at the minute!

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie - The Little Mermaid....or anything Disney! Book - All the Harry Potters & Anything by John Green :)

Anything else pertinent: I am currently on the waiting list for a Gastric Bypass and will hopefully have this done in September/October, a bypass isn't a "quick fix" or a easy way out. Its a tool and it will help me change my life for the better. If there is anyone else in this situation I'd love to hear from you :)
  • kaylouyou
    kaylouyou Posts: 10 Member
    College (alum/current student): Keele '07
    Fitness Goals: die later rather than sooner and don't let myself fall apart
    Exercising: 2-3weeks into couch to 5k
    Consistency here everyday at the moment, we'll see how it goes
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: alice in wonderland
    Anything else pertinent:short term goal is to get back into the wedding dress I bought that fit me before Christmas

Motivation and friends always welcome
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    College (alum/current student): Penn State
    Fitness Goals: Get in shape/increase flexibility, lose ~50 lbs total.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? About 5-6 days a week I vary between cardio and strength training, pole dance fitness, and yoga.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I try to be consistent and would love some accountability friends :smile: (hint: add me!!) I've logged in about 32 days in a row now.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Hmm, about a year ago I started reading the Game of Thrones series. I guess that's pretty good.
    Anything else pertinent: Feel free to add me
  • lyddeetz
    lyddeetz Posts: 1 Member

College (alum/current student): just some vocation school ( cosmotology, and stna classes) but I hope to start going to school for social work when I have a chance
    Fitness Goals: lose at least 100 pounds and gain some muscle, overall just change my eating habits for the better.
    Exercising: I got to the gym as much as I can (maybe 1x a week) and do home workouts every morning and sometimes at night. Also, I pretty much walk everywhere, so that helps.
    Consistency: I just started MFP but have been getting on everyday and logging everything.
    Favorite movie/book: pretty much anything from the 80's or 90's , and horror. I tend to favor more dark movies, but when it comes to reading, hand me that Nicholas Sparks book!
    Anything else pertinent: I have a very active 3 year old with some behavioral issues and it makes it pretty difficult for me to not stress eat, and even harder to find time to workout. But I'm working on it, and definitely improving!
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    College (alum/current student): Robert Gordon Uni Sep 2016
    Fitness Goals: Stronger. Faster. Leaner.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Cardio fitness circuit, strength circuit, running, Zumba, yoga, strength training
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): daily
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
    Anything else pertinent: avaricious reader, love cooking and meal planning, meditator and mindful eating enthusiast
  • heyyyyjuliet
    heyyyyjuliet Posts: 3 Member
    Occupation: uhm, spending my parents' money? I'm just a poor student!
    College (alum/current student): Alumna of the University of Milan (In Italy!), Foreign Languages and Literatures (German and English). Hopefully, getting a master degree in Publishing.
    Fitness Goals: Lose these last pounds. I want to look hot and feel good! I am that kind of girl who takes a salad while everybody else is chewing on a burger. I am a vain barbie who should try to enjoy her life blahblahblah whatever...
    Exercising: Walking a ton! At least those 10.000 steps (: I don't have any gym membership at the moment, but I'm working on it.
    Consistency: I try to use MFP as often as possible! I log everything.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I pick random titles in the discounted Amazon Kindle section. Really, I go random and hope for the best. Sometimes I am positively surprised! Same with music - I like to listen to nice deep/tropical house playlists on Spotify.
    Anything else pertinent: I recently cut off some negative people from my life. I try to be surrounded by good vibes only. I am looking for new friends with my same purposes in here! (:
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    College (alum/current student): MLS Library & Info Science
    Fitness Goals: umm -10lbs toned and fit
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes 3-5 xs a week every week. I run 3 miles 3xs a week and circuit train 2xs a week. I've added strength training after my runs also.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): long term
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Speed for movie (In love with Keanu Reeves) hmm book is tough one
    Anything else pertinent: I work 3 jobs and don't have much time for anything else.