What is your Jeans size (before/after)

Replies

• lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm 5'1.

SW: 209 (6 weeks after baby) size 15/16
    CW: 157 and in a TIGHT 9 in juniors. I think in 2 more weeks or so they will fit good.

I do workout (mostly strength training with some HIIT Cardio) 5 days a week. Muscle vs. Fat makes a huge difference in clothing sizes. That and how your body is proportioned. Someone who carries all their weight in their shoulders and chest is obviously going to wear a smaller size than me.
  • lilysmama08
    randeortiz wrote: »
    Here's my 2 cents lol.

5'7"
    153lbs

Got some new shorts at old navy this weekend in an 8! But then I read that old navy runs a size big. So perhaps I'm more a 10? My new speedo is an 8, too and fits nice. I have thicker thighs, I think that's where I carry weight.

Yes! Old Navy runs big, and the last time I bought jeans there (it's been years) within a couple of hours they were falling off because they stretched out so bad. I don't think shorts would do that though.
  • lilysmama08
    Anyone else waiting to buy clothes? I haven't bought any since I was about 190, in a size 15. Now I'm 157 and in a tight 9/10 but I'm trying to put it off because I don't want to buy new jeans every month.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Anyone else waiting to buy clothes? I haven't bought any since I was about 190, in a size 15. Now I'm 157 and in a tight 9/10 but I'm trying to put it off because I don't want to buy new jeans every month.
    I was gonna wait, but I live in Phoenix and I only have a couple pairs of shorts that fit. I got 3 new pairs to add into my mix to get me thru this summer. Hopefully next summer, I'll be at my goal. Weight loss for me is uber slow!
  • PSUNitLionPride
    PSUNitLionPride Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'10" and was 430lbs at my heaviest and a size 34 I'm now down 190lbs and a size 16. I'm still working on my goal of a size 10/12. It's been a long crazy road and I'm loving every minute of it!
    Amazing job to everyone here motivating yourself and others!!
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2016
    Starting weight: 280lbs US Size 20/22's in some brands.
    Current Weight: 242lbs US Size 18's comfortably 20's loose
    Goal Weight: 160lbs US Size ? Last time I was 160 I was around a 9/10 in juniors as a teen.
    I'm a little under 5'8"~ Long way to go but my "incentive" 16's in the closet are getting close for summer!
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    I don't even know what size I am!! Lol I started at 220+/- lbs and a size 22 pushing 24. Now I have pants that are 18 and 16. Kinda depends how they're made and what they're made of
  • Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    started at 40x30 at 292lb
    now I'm at 34x30 at 218lb.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    5'4"
    SW: 263 / US 20/22 & 2X
    CW: 235 / US 18 & 1X/XL (depending on store)

My summer jacket is a 3X and hangs off me but I spent a lot on it last year. I've only worn it when I need it as a rain coat--otherwise hoodies and sweaters all the way...
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    SW/size - 280/22-24
    CW/size -180/6-8
  • tisdalla
    tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
    5'4"
    SW 168, size 14
    CW 161.5, size 14
    GW 130, size 8

My lowest weight (before 4 children) in my late 20's was 122 and I was a size 4. Don't think I'll get back there because my body shape has changed quite a lot but I would love to get down to an 8:)
  • Txgal555
    Txgal555 Posts: 76 Member
    Txgal555 wrote: »
    Txgal555 wrote: »

Your waist is so tinny for that number on the scale and I guess that is the magic of Strength training,Way to go girl

Lol. Thank you!
    No magic here. Consistency + Patience=Success
    A good lifting program, about 2,3 times a week, eating an average of 1900-2000 calories a day, decent protein, enjoying the heck out of life and these days doing pull-ups :)

Iam very confused about choosing good lifting program. Do you have any suggestions?!

Hope I can help out :)
    You're only a beginner once: it's the most magical time ever and progress is insane especially if you are overweight. Because this time is so special it's wonderful if you can pick a true beginner programs that exploits the fact that your body is primed for amazing things.
    There are only 2 requirements for a good program:
    1. Progressive overload built into the program - you lift 2.5 or 5 pounds more each workout.
    2. Includes the major compound lifts ( squat, deadlift, bench press, some type of overhead press)

There are other choices you will have to make depending on your training preference:
    Strength based programs like Stronglifts 5x5, Wendler 5/3/1, Starting Strenght ( usually 2,3 workouts a week)
    Bodybuilding based programs like Jim Stoppani's - Shortcut to Shred or other free beginner programs from bodybuilding.com ( usually 5,6 workouts a week)
    Mixed programs with strength and bodybuilding components like "Strong Curves"
    Some programs will be free and others will require the purchase of a book (might find them free at a library)

They will all work!!! Pick one and forget about anything else. Learn the exercises and do the program as outlined.
    Eat to fuel your body and sleep so you can recover!
    Enjoy a feeling like nothing else in this world and watch your body change before your eyes!!
    Best of luck!

Iam more than Thankful for your informative response.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    tisdalla wrote: »
    5'4"
    SW 168, size 14
    CW 161.5, size 14
    GW 130, size 8

My lowest weight (before 4 children) in my late 20's was 122 and I was a size 4. Don't think I'll get back there because my body shape has changed quite a lot but I would love to get down to an 8:)

I'm the same height as you and started at about your same weight/same size. I'm now 122 lbs and still am not a size 4. Yo yo dieting really screwed me. I'm a tight size 6 :( I was a size 8 when I was 130 lbs but I think it was tight.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    edited May 2016
    randeortiz wrote: »
    Here's my 2 cents lol.

5'7"
    153lbs

Got some new shorts at old navy this weekend in an 8! But then I read that old navy runs a size big. So perhaps I'm more a 10? My new speedo is an 8, too and fits nice. I have thicker thighs, I think that's where I carry weight.

I actually wear a bigger size at Old Navy than I do American Eagle, Target, and boutique stores. It really just depends on the type of material. I always go up a size in most skinny jeans, b/c of the stretchy material (and I also don't like anything snug) :)
  • Naboo325
    Naboo325 Posts: 29 Member
    I think it's interesting how the sizes can vary from person to person when they are the same weight.

Mind you I feel like i'm still in the first stages of my journey having lost 45lbs out of an eventual 160lb goal ...

SW: 320.2 size 24/26 Depends on brand
    CW: 275.2 size 20
    GW: 160

I say this since I notice most people in a size 20 weigh much less than I do now. And the 20's fit comfortable now. My problem area has always been my arms!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    4' 11.5" (the half inch is important when you're this short!)

SW: 215 lb, women's US size 16
    CW: 145 lb, women's US size 6
    GW: 120 lb
  • Theresa_1973
    Theresa_1973 Posts: 51 Member
    in November 2012 I started out at 145.6kg (321lb) wearing UK size 32/34 jeans
    I now weigh 72.3kg (159.4lb) wearing UK size 12/14 jeans
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Naboo325 wrote: »
    I think it's interesting how the sizes can vary from person to person when they are the same weight.

Mind you I feel like i'm still in the first stages of my journey having lost 45lbs out of an eventual 160lb goal ...

SW: 320.2 size 24/26 Depends on brand
    CW: 275.2 size 20
    GW: 160

I say this since I notice most people in a size 20 weigh much less than I do now. And the 20's fit comfortable now. My problem area has always been my arms!
    Your weights and sizes are so similar to mine.
    At my heaviest this time 265 lbs , I was squeezing in stretched out 18 jeans. At my ultimate highest ever 340 lbs, i was 24/26.
    Right now at 214.6 lbs, I'm fitting comfortably in 14 bottoms and xl tops, also due to my arms!!!

• haliirae5
    haliirae5 Posts: 7 Member
    Sw:168 jean size 12. Cw:137 jean size 6-8
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!