Peanut butter powder

2»

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    Did you smooth off the top of the tablespoon, or did you leave it heaped?

Always smooth off sharply with a knife

• Losewtforlife4him
    64crayons wrote: »
    The product has probably settled (a LOT). I would count the actual gram weight and not the volume measure.

omg, I am surprised how OFF the measurements are weighing vs measuring.

I know, right?

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I've never understood the instructions on PB2. Isn't 1 Tablespoon supposed to = 15g?
    Really it should say 3 teaspoons to make sense.

1 US tablespoon = 15 ml (not 15 grams)
    1 AU tablespoon = 20 ml

I think liquids like water convert pretty neatly from ml to grams but I'm pretty sure that you can't apply that rule to all foods, especially solids.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    When I measure 1 tbs of Jif peanut butter powder and weigh it, it's says 14gm. Well the serving size for this is 3 tbs at 15 gm. Confused. Someone please help?

Because they are specifying using a properly sized and calibrated industry standard "tablespoon" measuring device, loaded only to the rim and completely flat, packed at a density that they used when creating the labeling info.

Forget serving sizes, tablespoons and the rest.

Stick to grams.
  • klaben05
    klaben05 Posts: 97 Member
    Pb2 is delicious. Especially chocolate pb2. Mix it in with some lite or low fat whip cream for "dessert" or either on bananas is good.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I've never understood the instructions on PB2. Isn't 1 Tablespoon supposed to = 15g?
    Really it should say 3 teaspoons to make sense.

1 US tablespoon = 15 ml (not 15 grams)
    1 AU tablespoon = 20 ml

I think liquids like water convert pretty neatly from ml to grams but I'm pretty sure that you can't apply that rule to all foods, especially solids.

It says 15gm for 3 Tablespoons.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    It should not be scooped directly from the package with your measuring spoon. It will over-pack and over-measure. It should be measured like flour (or other fluffy, powdered substances); lightly spooned into the measuring device and then levelled off.

Of course, that's a pain to do with a tablespoon...so I just weigh it.