Group is getting Quiet...

Brittles927
Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
We seem to be having less and less people commenting and staying involved with weigh-in's... not sure if I should keep running the group anymore :(

Would anyone be interested in being a Group Leader with me to try to spice things back up? Maybe send some messages to some of our group members and check in with them?

Let me know what you all think!
<3

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    I am not really sure where I should be posting for daily motivation. :)
  • Brittles927
    @Eava57 - you're welcome to post anywhere :) there's a discussion thread that's titled Motivation, there's also one for struggles/success/questions, and a few others to get involved in :)
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2016
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    We seem to be having less and less people commenting and staying involved with weigh-in's... not sure if I should keep running the group anymore :(

Would anyone be interested in being a Group Leader with me to try to spice things back up? Maybe send some messages to some of our group members and check in with them?

Let me know what you all think!
    <3

*gasp* Don't stop this group!

But if it helps at all -- I noticed that there isn't a login-page/board for the recent weeks -- So I just used the last one.

This group challenge is my favorite. Keep up the good work.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited May 2016
    Don't stop this group! With 5 kids and getting close to the end of all their activities and the school year, I've just been crazy busy! I was just coming to post last Friday's weigh in! I just am not sure where to post it as there isnt a recent weigh in thread.
  • Brittles927
    @joannemonette1 & @typeitdaily - I've been using the Friday weekly weigh-in to post my weight weekly, and at the end of the month I post in the announcement that is applicable, this month, everyone should post their ending weight for the month in this Announcement anytime from May31st-June 7th, hope this helps :) :

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357749/may-31st-weigh-in-may-31st-june-7th#latest

Otherwise I post my weight on fridays, if you all have a different day of the week that you weigh in, you can post yours whenever, in this Discussion:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357761/fridays-weekly-weigh-in#latest

<3
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Mirabelle_Out Posts: 151 Member
    I run another group and it too has slowed down. Maybe the weather or time of year is affecting everyone?!?

I like the weigh in and the challenge to lose 55 pounds, but I don't think I'm going to make it :-( shooting for at least 35 pounds at the moment!
  • Brittles927
    You're prob right @Mirabelle_Out !

I highly highly doubt I will be able to lose 40+ pounds in the next 3 months lol so I'm right there with you! I'm going to shoot for 20 more pounds which would be a total loss of around 35 pounds for me too. At that rate I'm going to need to lose roughly 1.5 pounds per week. I need to buckle down now!

Can't believe it's already almost June. This year is flying by. I can just hope most of my weight goes with it! :)
  • MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    I'm definitely not going to make it. I've lost 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks. As I get older, it just doesn't fall off as quickly anymore.

But, my clothes are fitting more nicer, I have energy, and I am still working through the c25k.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    We are kicking butt and that is what this is all about!!! DayXDay!!!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    I am working on the next 10 lbs. I hope to accomplish this goal over summer. We all need to work on our personal goals. No worries about not losing 55 by Sept. I have been swamped with end of the school year. Bring on summer!
  • Brittles927
    @Eava57 I think 10lbs over the summer is certainly doable! You've got this! :)

Looking forward to all of us hitting our personal goals <3
  • typeitdaily
    I'm working on 3 pounds to bring my weight loss to 15 pounds. Way more to lose but it is a start.
  • Brittles927
    You can do it! :)
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Love the personal goals!!!
  • typeitdaily
    15 pounds accomplished! Now on to the next 15!
  • Brittles927
    Congrats, that's great! :)
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    Gah don't stop!!!

I personally took a break from MFP mostly to play an obscene amount of Candy Crush but I am ready to get back into it!
  • Brittles927
    Not going to stop :) you all are keeping me accountable! How did candy crush go? I've been stuck on level 92 for like a month hahaha
  • bondgirl50
    bondgirl50 Posts: 42 Member
    @britnaii22 Can't stop now..... don't worry about the people who have stopped posting...could be the weather but for the ones that are hanging in....we will continue... I think there are 14 of us left or that have posted. I definitely won't even make it half way but at least the weight is coming off even though slow..... with the support of this group.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Don't stop this group...I love it! I am almost at a 30 lb loss since beginning this challenge! I don't know if I will get 55 lb lost by the end of August, but I think it is obtainable by the end of September.

Unfortunately, I believe the group is less active because members have fell out and quit holding themselves accountable. I can think of the numerous times I "started a diet" and gave up by the end of the week. Not anymore though! That mentality is gone!