What will do more for this arm issue?

JessicaMcB
JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
I have lost 56lbs since February 1st but am struggling hard with what I call "arm under-hang" (I have no clue what to actually call it but its unfortunate). I was big for roughly 6 years and have deep stretchmarks on the undersides of my upper arms so I'm not sure if this is (a) a skin issue and my penance for gaining so much so fast several years ago, (b) just a fat loss issue that might resolve itself after I lose the last 17lbs or (c) further evidence that I need to up weights in my strength training because weakling ;) .

In your opinion what will do more for this issue based on appearance? More fat loss? Further strength training? Sacrificing a virgin goat to the skin elasticity Gods? All of the above?

rc5bgs4mm8w4.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    All of the above, keep going! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • chagee76
    chagee76 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. I would recommend some triceps exercises exercises like kick backs, triceps 21s, dips, skull crushers, etc. It should help ;)
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Yours isn't as bad as mine. You can probably fill it out a little more with weights. I will always have a lot of saggy skin that only surgery will fix, and I'm not doing that, so I just have to live with it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I don't see any under-arm hang. Great work! I do see an arm without much muscle. I think you would benefit from a full body heavy weight or body weight resistance training program.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Honestly, your arm just looks like a normal arm. When they're not flexed, most arms hang down. You could start lifting weights if you want a more firm look. And sacrificing a virgin goat couldn't hurt anything, right?
  • JessicaMcB
    Just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their input (just discovered the My Discussions tab and realized I kind of abandoned post without realizing)! I found in a photo today that it might be getting a bit better- more strength training and goat sacrifices ahead! Hopefully my butt efforts will one day start to pan out too ;) lol

8cbwy2u4x7my.jpg

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    There is not really a problem here to be solved. You look great!
  • GoKelsey
    GoKelsey Posts: 15 Member
    In addition to triceps, building up your biceps would pull that skin up a bit. But with time your loose skin will naturally tighten up.

Please don't harm a goat! I love goats! Haha ;)
  • JessicaMcB
    edited June 2016
    lorrpb wrote: »
    There is not really a problem here to be solved. You look great!

Thanks, you're very sweet! I think 15lbs more fat loss and then some hard gains when I'm eating at maintenance and I'll be happier :)
    GoKelsey wrote: »
    In addition to triceps, building up your biceps would pull that skin up a bit. But with time your loose skin will naturally tighten up.

Please don't harm a goat! I love goats! Haha ;)

I hope you're right and it does tighten up (at least a bit!)! Otherwise I'm going back to the goat plan ;)
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Looks like great progress to me! Stick with the lifting :)

If you really want to build a butt, check out Strong Curves. A bunch of women on here have loved it, and I went from my butt being flat as a pancake to actually having a roundish shape in a pretty dang short amount of time.
  • JessicaMcB
    This thread is over a year old now but I thought I would update it in case someone queried something like this with the search function. Losing more weight and maintaining for over a year was the answer for me. I lift 0% of the time, run distance 6 days of 7. It can get better!

zu0l2eamoc5r.jpg
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    This thread is over a year old now but I thought I would update it in case someone queried something like this with the search function. Losing more weight and maintaining for over a year was the answer for me. I lift 0% of the time, run distance 6 days of 7. It can get better!

zu0l2eamoc5r.jpg

Well for one you can see more muscle in your bicep and the arm looks just fine. Great job