off metformin

MargaretLunan
MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
i was told i was diabetic 2 years ago feb. that was my wake up call. i am now roughly 60 pounds less .i have been removed from being a diabetic needing meds. it is controlled by exercise and diet only .i am also off water tablets for blood pressure and on a lower dose of medication for that. roughly another 100 pounds to go but i can do it . slow and steady wins the race

Replies

• Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    That is HUGE SUCCESS!! Congratulations!!
  • MargaretLunan
    thanks
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Yay! Well done! Two of my personal goals as well. I'm reduced to one Metformin at night. My fasting glucose has been steady I'll keep watch out but hopefully in another 20-30 lbs I can drop the night dose and start considering reducing the beta block for my BP too.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    That's amazing! I was diagnosed about 7 weeks ago and am working towards the same goal.
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    These are some of my favorite success stories....taking back your health! Great work!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats! I was taken off diabetic meds a few months ago myself. Wonderful feeling to be able to control it with exercise and diet.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Amazing- congratulations on your health and happiness :)
  • MargaretLunan
    thanks everyone
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Great successes! Well done.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I too have bid good riddance to Metformin a while ago. It was hard at first but worth it!
  • elliemack99
    elliemack99 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    My favorite success stories are the health related ones. Congratulations on your wonderful and inspiring accomplishment!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it? I've been off Metformin over a year now. I'm determined to never go back!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    i was told i was diabetic 2 years ago feb. that was my wake up call. i am now roughly 60 pounds less .i have been removed from being a diabetic needing meds. it is controlled by exercise and diet only .i am also off water tablets for blood pressure and on a lower dose of medication for that. roughly another 100 pounds to go but i can do it . slow and steady wins the race
    Well alright! Way to go.

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    wow. I've meanged my blood sugars and dropped 45 lbs and upped my exercise. Still on metformin 3 x a day. Yesterday though my blood sugars dropped-first time ever that low. Had to eat a lifesaver. Maybe the doctor is right and next month we'll reduce the metformin.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    That's amazing progress!! Congrats on your weight loss & getting off Metformin!!!
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    This is great news, good for you! You are so smart, taking care of yourself like you should. My DH is on Metformin (just upped to 3 at meals), BP meds, cholesterol meds, and has stomach issues. I cook healthy for him, but he refuses to eat right when I'm not around - should lose about 70 lbs. SO frustrating!! Go you!!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Well done and congrats! Can totally relate as I was in the same situation as you, and now I have thrown away my Metformin and leading a healthy active lifestyle. Keep up the good work!
  • MargaretLunan
    congrats to all who are getting more healthy. thanks for the support
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!