Workout pants/tights that don't fall down when running

Options
alessandra_matthews
alessandra_matthews Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey so I have a dilemma I have bought four different brands of workout pants and they all seem to slip down every time I run on the treadmill. When I'm on the elliptical they stay on just fine it's just when I'm running they slide down so I'm constantly pulling my pants up. I bought Nike dry fit pants today and ran and they stayed up pretty good. But they're expensive so I only bought one pair. What are some other brands you guys have tried out that stay on during a high-intensity workout?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You really only need two pairs to alternate. They are a bit expensive and a good investment and should not skimp on gear. Just watch for sales that fit your budget and when you can try them on in the store first and then look for online store sales.

Have you tried compression clothing/pants?

I wear Nike Dri Fit in the winter (long pants that do not fall down) and shorts are BCG that are lighter and fit better around the legs for length I buy.

I buy BCG, Ascis and Nike and Under Armour. I cannot do Reebock clothing at all, they fit way differently than others.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I dropped $35 on a pair of under armor tights and they fall down constantly. But $3.80 forever21 leggings? Nope, they stay put. I don't get.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you getting low or mid rise pants? I have to wear high waist pants because of my stomach/skin roll. I wear capris from the TekGear Shapewear line from Kohl's or these high waist C9 capris from Target. They stay up really well.
  • pluto2626
    pluto2626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has reasonable priced leggings and the sudsy up much better than most.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you getting low or mid rise pants? I have to wear high waist pants because of my stomach/skin roll. I wear capris from the TekGear Shapewear line from Kohl's or these high waist C9 capris from Target. They stay up really well.

I agree, high-waist are the way to go. I have Adidas, Nike, and UA tights that all fall down. My favs (and the only ones that don't fall down) are cheap, surprisingly nice pairs I got from Aeropostale. Waist comes up at or near the navel and the waistband is thicker than the rest of the leggings.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've never had an issue with any pants I've ever tried on that are made out of the moisture wicking material. they just always fit nice and tight. and you can get them pretty cheap from just about anywhere nowadays, it seems. pretty much all women's clothing stores have an activewear section these days.
  • littledee55
    littledee55 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It may be expensive but there is a celeb that has a workout line. I think its Kate Hudson. I see the commercials all the time. It looks like a good variety and looks form fitting. I don't like celeb clothing lines because the sizes are usually made for skinny people, like a XL is really fitting like a medium, but like I always say anything is worth a try and you can always return it. Good luck!!
  • alessandra_matthews
    alessandra_matthews Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear the high wasted ones already that's what is so frustrating! Thanks for all the tips!
  • JButlerEagle
    JButlerEagle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My local thrift store -- Savers -- always has a good selection. I can always find something that fits comfortably. Trying to save money on clothes that are going to be too big in a few months any way!
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hight-waisted, tight compression capri tights are what I opt for. I did the fabletics thing for a few months and got about a week's worth of leggings from them. I like UA and nike, but I have to get a fit that is tight in the waist because my legs and butt will pull them down.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    This is probably a silly question, but have you tried on a smaller size? I wear Under Armour compression tights when running and I've only had a problem with them sliding down when it's time for a smaller pair. When they're too big, they fall down all the time!
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love my tangerine Capri length. They're a midrise, so they're a happy medium on the worst for me and they stay put.
  • IceBaroque
    IceBaroque Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I personally use the pull over shorts (idk the name?) but capri wise I bought Walmart brand lol! They have ties and work wonderfully for me. If they budge, they get tied tighter!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Love Victoria secrets shorts/ pants they're awesome. Seriously though you should see if you just need a smaller size. Sizes can vary even within the same clothing maker.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like these $26 from Amazon. Draw string top to keep them up and a pocket large enough for an iphone6 on the side. Champion Women's 6.2 Vapor Performance Capri Legging, Black, Medium
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like to check out marshalls or tj max for workout clothes. Sometimes you have to dig but you can usually find brand name
    Stuff for half the price. Also if you find an expensive pair in the store that fit well, try searching for them on a site like poshmark. Often you can find stuff new with or without tags or lightly worn. I've had all good experiences with poshmark. Actually waiting for an athleta sports bra right now that I ordered from someone on poshmark bc I don't want to pay full price from the store!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I buy the Fila brand of high waist skimmer leggings. They have them at Kohls. They are a bit pricey but definitely worth it.
  • berescga
    berescga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped - fuller thighs & small waist. I absolutely cannot run in anything that doesn't have a drawstring waist. Currently I use MPG tights for cool outdoor runs, cold outdoor runs I wear fleece lined tights I got at MEC (a Canadian store) and on the treadmill I wear Lulu shorts. Finding tights with drawstrings is hard sometimes, and they are definitely more expensive. But with it to me if I'm not worrying about my pants falling down.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Lulu lemon, pricey but great quality
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Are you pear shaped or more straight up and down? I have straight hips and long waist, Gap stuff works great for me. I look for Tall in other brands but Gap stuff runs longer/taller.

Mostly the ones that fall down for me are those that don't have enough length in the rise, so the part that should land at the waist is around my hips, that is an unsustainable arrangement.