Worst First Date Stories

blairrob12
blairrob12 Posts: 215 Member
I think we've all had our share of bad dates, but one that sticks out in my mind...The guy insisted on picking me up, then later commented on how he didn't realize how far away from him I lived. He said it about 5 times, so I kind of joked and said, "Well I could give you gas money" His reply, "yeah, $15 sounds about right" I have him $20 and told him to keep the change, then took a cab home.

Replies

• anthonypetosa7
    anthonypetosa7 Posts: 23 Member
    Lol wow
  • blairrob12
    I went to dinner with a guy and it was nice and all but we didn't really click. I offered to pay, he said no. I offered to split he said no. He insisted on paying. And at the end I gave him a hug and he said "I paid for dinner and all I get is a hug?" I just laughed and told him that's the last thing he's going to get too.

I've had 3 that ended up stalking me after a first date. Scary stuff. Dating is the worst.

Oh wow, that's crazy!
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    I went on a date with one guy I met over facebook… stupid and irresponsible I know… we agreed to meet at 7pm, I was about 5 mins late, he wasn't there, I got a drink for myself while I was waiting, then he messaged me telling me he was on his way, he'll be 10 mins… fair enough… he gets there, sees me, I didn't recognise him at all… looks nothing like his facebook pics, but I thought to give him a chance anyway
    He said to me "well aren't you going to get us a couple drinks"… not the best first impression, but I didn't say anything like I usually would've lol, then he sat there the entire time talking about all these amazing lasses he's been with, but now they all hate him… how when he messages some girls on facebook their accounts suddenly vanish so they must be fake accounts cos no-one would block him. I text my dad who was the closest person too me with a car to come and get me cos I had just had enough at that point, then he's having a go at me cos I only bought him 1 drink, I called for someone to come and get me and that he didn't get anything from me
    So I decided to tell him why there will never be a second date, why lasses probably don't like him and walked away before I threw his own drink over him

One bloke a couple years ago got so drunk that he couldn't remember how to get home, so I ended up having to take him back to mine so he could sleep it off on the settee and kick him out in the morning

There's more but they are my worst two
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Wow mine is no where near as bad ...he seemed extra nervous ...spilled his drink all over me and hit me w car door trying to open it for me
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    So happy I've never been on a date right now...
  • blairrob12
    blairrob12 wrote: »
    blairrob12 wrote: »
    I think we've all had our share of bad dates, but one that sticks out in my mind...The guy insisted on picking me up, then later commented on how he didn't realize how far away from him I lived. He said it about 5 times, so I kind of joked and said, "Well I could give you gas money" His reply, "yeah, $15 sounds about right" I have him $20 and told him to keep the change, then took a cab home.
    Be kind. He may have had genuine money issues. At least he didn't stalk you and harass you.

If he was having money issues, he should have passed on the $300 bottle of wine. And I did tell him I would have preferred to drive myself, but he insisted...and had my address, which is near a city landmark, so when I told him where it was, he said, Oh I know exactly where it is.
    And you paid for everything?

No, I didn't drink, so I wasn't paying for his wine, but I did pay for my meal and gave him $20 for gas.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    I made an online friend years ago, we decided to meet up for lunch, not a date (I was clear about that). When I arrived, he was kind of antsy outside, said something about being watched. It was a public place, so I went in with him, had the buffalo chicken sandwich in mind. Turns out, it was our first date and his family (mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousins) showed up to watch, scattered throughout the restaurant. I was very uncomfortable with every single aspect, ate my sandwich, thanked him and left. Got an email from him after that, asking for another date. Ugh :-p
  • MsAmandaNJ
    ^

WTF!

Were they Italians?

No, Indian.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    With a chinese girl, her cousins showed up hurled racists abuse at me, said some stuff in chinese to her (she seemed pretty upset about it) and then they tried to trash the restaurant and attack me with cutlery. Quite entertaining really when you look back at it.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I made an online friend years ago, we decided to meet up for lunch, not a date (I was clear about that). When I arrived, he was kind of antsy outside, said something about being watched. It was a public place, so I went in with him, had the buffalo chicken sandwich in mind. Turns out, it was our first date and his family (mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousins) showed up to watch, scattered throughout the restaurant. I was very uncomfortable with every single aspect, ate my sandwich, thanked him and left. Got an email from him after that, asking for another date. Ugh :-p

No way... Jesus.. :O I hope you never talked to him again...
    I went out with an Italian girl and she straight up confessed during the date that her family has mafia connections. And proceeded to disclose some disturbing facts. I was like Noooooooo.

She indicated her family keeps tab on her and may even be present at the restaurant. She was so beautiful, had a great job in the city but.......

And you didn't wanna become a part of the family? haha thanks, this made my day.

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    This was way way back.. had a female friend of mine set me up on a blind date.. My friend kept telling how she was such a nice girl and she though we'd be perfect together.. So I meet my blind date and the first thing that I noticed is that she smelled really bad kind of like a wet dog. She was kind of shy but looked ok. Found out during the course of the date that her family owned a kennel and had 10 dogs living in crates inside the house..
  • MsAmandaNJ
    @Arathels I wrote him back saying that the first was not a date and there would be no subsequent meetings. Didn't get a reply back, not that I needed one.