Need serious help

So between January 2015 and March 2016 I lost 110lbs. It was so freaking easy. Just logged in to MFP, counted my calories, did cardio, and basically just did it.

Took Easter off. Decided a few days of not logging and being a chocoholic wouldn't be the end of the world.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. For the past two months I've only been able to log consistently for three or four days at a time. Then I'll just be like "F it, let's have pizza!" And that will lead to three or four days of binging.

It's currently just after lunch and I've eaten at least 3,000 calories! I've regained at least ten pounds, possibly more, scared to check.

I'm still more than 100lbs away from goal, and I don't think I will ever get there. In fact at this rate I will probably regain everything I've lost.

How do I get back to the "this is easy" mindset? How do I just get past this binging cycle? I don't know how to get back. I'm lost.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I'm sorry your struggling honey. I'm sure most of us have been there at some point.
    It took me to really concentrate on my goals. Little stupid tricks like telling yourself" will eating a second slice of pizza bring me closer to my goals or further away?" Sometimes help.
    Another thing that helps me get back into the swing of things is taking little steps back on track . Anytime I would try to go back into it 100% in one day, I'd fail by dinner time. For me it helps making small changes until everything falls into place. Like - I might not be under my calorie goal today but I can still go to the gym or take a walk. The next day- make good choices for breakfast and go for the walk. The week after that, make good choices for breakfast and lunch and go to the gym. My point is to just try to ease back into it.
    Most importantly don't beat yourself up. Be kind to yourself
  • daniii756
    daniii756 Posts: 51 Member
    Well, my advice is start little at a time. What i did at the beginning of my journey was look up reciepes for subsituting food, for example if i wanted a pizza i would make a cauliflour crust and use just plain pizza sauce and non-fat cheese. It gave it the same texture as a pizza but less calories, less carbs and i didnt feel guilty eating it. And once i got into the hang of things thats when i slowly started adding in my favourite foods in moderation like this weekend that just past i had 2 dairy milk chocolate bars over the course of sat & sun night, but kept it realitively clean during the day. Just adding in 1 of your favourite foods (or 2) once or twice a week is not going to make a big deal and that way you wont get that craving and binge eat when it happens. And when i go out to restaurants i usually keep my day time meals or whatever low-carb and low fat so when i eat out again i wont feel guilty because you never know what the food is actually cooked in nor the portion size really. I lost 42 lbs doing my eating this way not saying it will be the same for you but eating strictly clean does get boring after a while
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I find this to be easy when I start the day right with a good breakfast . That's important to me. I also seem to be partial to injecting some variety into the vegetables of my evening meal. At the end of the day I have a sweet serving of prunes, drink some water, and that's enough.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Try to go for low calorie dense foods like vegetables. Try to incorporate vegetables in to all or most of your meals. This will help keep you full for a longer period of time. Eat whatever vegetables you like. It's really hard to gain weight when majority of your diet is vegetables. For example my breakfast is usually 2 eggs, 1 potato (homemade hash brown), and 2-3 cups of green beans, broccoli, and carrots. That's about 400 calories. That holds me off until dinner. For dinner it varies. An example of my dinner is 1 vegetarian enchilada which consists of eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, onions, zucchini, olives, and beef crumbles (vegetarian beef), and a little bit of mozzarella. I'll also have green beans, broccoli and carrots on the side. I'm stuffed after eating that. That is also approximately 400 calories and about 600 with avocado and a little bit of sour cream. I know people advocate eating at least 1200 calories on here, but when you eat high volume (low calorie dense foods) compared to low volume (high calorie dense foods) you won't be hungry and it actually becomes harder to eat a lot of calories. This also leaves room for if you choose to have a slice of pizza and not worry about gaining weight. I also find that if I chew gum, I'm less likely to reach for a snack out of boredom.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    You got this!!! So you had a little set back. You are obviously awesome and strong because you lost 110 lbs. on your own. You clearly have an amazing drive. I do realize the hardest part about getting back on track is to actually do it. It's so easy to fall off and so hard to get back on. You had a major lifestyle change and just because you fell off track does not mean that eating healthy is still not your lifestyle. I bet you probably feel a lot better about yourself after eating great, healthy food. Challenge yourself to do that for 1 day so you can regain a taste of how good eating well feels again. Then go for a 2nd day. The mind is a crazy thing. That is all that is keeping you from getting back on track. I find the easiest way for me to get back on track is mentally prepare myself the night before for doing the very best I can the next day. I bet you are going to get a lot of motiving comments here and we're all pulling for you. Check in with us all the time so that we can help hold you accountable. You can do this!!! I look forward to seeing another post from you soon :)
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Hey everyone. Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate them. I've done a lot of thinking, and I just have to freaking do it. No excuses, no weakness. I am NOT going back.
  • MrsS1108
    MrsS1108 Posts: 3 Member
    Good for you! You CAN do this, you've already lost so much.