What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    That motivation will come and go but by building better habits it's easier to push through the hard days because you are basically on autopilot and driving to the gym before you even have time to argue with yourself

I think that this is such a true piece of wisdom, and key to my continuing success
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Arwen1218 wrote: »
    Archercc wrote: »
    I'm only on day 6 so far, but this thread has been one heck of an inspiration to me. My biggest fear is loose skin, I am 6'4" and (roughly) 340 pounds so I have a metric snot ton to drop and I am terrified that I am going to look like a sharpei but that fear is not going to hold me back, thank you all for the inspiration.

Feel free to add me.

I completely understand what you mean about the loose skin. After 3 kids and gaining a total of 70 lbs over the years I am finally on the losing side. The trouble is that I have already started to see the flabby skin problem especially with me stomach. There are some outfits and dresses I have that I have to wear a girdle with not bc of fat but bc of loose skin hanging or sagging or jiggling. Anyone have any tips to help combat this problem?

Weight training helps skin snap back. Keep your skin well moisturized and hit the free weights. FYI it make take a few years for your skin to catch up with the rest of your body. Give it some time before you decide to do anything drastic like surgery.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!