Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Welcome!! Any one is more than welcome to add me as a friend!! I have a background in Nutrition and have a lot of suggestion and example of meal preps and home workout routines. I am also a Olympic lifter and fit working out into my daily life.

Let's get motivated and share similar journeys that we're all on!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Afternoon all went to gym today and did nothing but arms and shoulders. Pretty sure I will b walking around with dead limbs tomorrow but I feel so good.

Newbies. Welcome and feel free to add me. Can never have enough friends.

@rachel0778. Enjoy your pizza party and your trip to the cabin. It sounds like fun. We are heading to our cabin this weekend for 3 days. Will b nice to get away with hubby and the kids and just have fun. Hubby is going to start teaching Cassidy to really drive. Better him than me. I know nothing and she know EVERYTHING. Lol

@bluepoppies. I am right there with you on the cooking slump. So if anyone has any ideas. Or would just like to come and cook for me. Please feel free.

@janetay01. What is it with work and them expecting us to do it. Don't they know we are on a quest for greatness and we need to keep up with our MFP friends.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @ngloden3320 I think you tagged me instead of Jane, I wish I was going to the cabin this weekend! lol. I bet it felt great to get back into the gym! Glad your hubby is able to take over teaching Cassidy, sounds like a lot of stress off your plate! Once she gets older she'll realize how much you were right ;)

@jkhoffe It definitely helps that I'm not the only one in this situation! It's frustrating to listen to how depressed they are about their weight all while knowing the other person just isn't ready for change. At least he knows I'll be there for him either way

@vmlabute and @madhavi488 Welcome! Feel free to keep posting here

@janetay01 Have an awesome weekend away for Alistair's first vacation! I hope he has a great time at the cabin!

Happy Friday Everyone! I am looking forward to a weekend away to spend some time with my Grandma. Especially as she gets older I like visiting as much as possible since you never know how long someone will be with you. Shame she lives 3 1/2 hours away from me or I'd be there all the time. I know everyone says this, but my Grandma really does make the best chocolate chip cookies of all time ;)
  • Rachel0778
    Happy Meme Friday!

22h90iipf23f.jpg
  • ngolden3320
    Got my workout in Now I am just chillin watching the show strong. Everyone have a safe and fun holiday weekend.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. I've got to the end of the bank holiday weekend and it's been fun - but I'm shattered! And I ate far too much pizza (and drank far to much wine) at the pizza party yesterday! Only a three day working week until we go on holiday - have to try and have a good week up to that point!
  • janetay01
    @health_guard - undoing the damage of the weekend is definitely my focus for the week. My scale claims an increase of 3lbs and whilst I didn't eat anywhere near enough for that to be possible, it's a clear sign that I overindulged! Let's make the week count
  • ngolden3320
    I am in the same boat. Went to our cabin this weekend with the family. Didn't eat a lot of junk food, just I didn't get a lot of exercise in. I started a book I have been wanting to read forever. so that was my relaxing weekend. Kids rode four wheelers, we took them swimming and fishing, made smores (I had 2). Hubby was quite the entertainer this weekend while I just sat on my booty and read.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

Today is the start of getting back on track.
  • Rachel0778
    @jkhoffe I got an extra Grandma hug in for you :)

I had an absolutely amazing weekend, but I feel soooo sick this morning from all the junk food. Pizza and cookies and brats and ice cream...oiy! I am seriously so excited to get back on track it's not even funny. It was totally worth it to get to spend a weekend just me and my Grandma. Based on my journal I hopefully only had 1/2 lb of real weight gain. (and I count it as a win that I counted everything as best as I could)

This month is going to be really hard. I've got Jake's birthday, a bachelorette party, 2 weddings, a 4 day conference with conference food, and a week long vacation to Seattle. I'm going to do the best that I can. My goal is honestly to maintain during the month of June, and honestly I'm nervous about even hitting that goal!

What do you guys do to bounce back or plan ahead?
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Hey girls!! Oh my!!! Time to get back to it and catch up on the happenings. I just needed a break from it all! Still did my step challenges and everything but needed a break away as I was not gaining ground. If anything I was loosing it. So now I am back refreshed and ready to lose some serious poundage! ;) I had a great Memorial day weekend... Kayaking Sunday and Monday... sitting around bonfires Sat & Sun night! I hope to find you all doing great... hope your weekend was amazing and I am thankful to be back and focused! =) Missed you all!
  • ngolden3320
    @shycush6. We missed you also. I was thinking of messaging you. I miss MFP friends when I don't hear from them. We are doing so well and me being the worrier I am. I want us all to succeed Kayaking sounds fun. We went to our cabin. It was great to give my mind a rest. I did lots of reading while kids and hubby went swimming and fishing.

Happy fake Monday to everyone. Well jenna graduates tomorrow. ;( and :). This getting older sucks.

@rachel0778. I'm so glad u got a chance to spend time with your grandma. Time with older people is so precious
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Hi Shy! Was wondering how you were doing. I have been feeling like that too. Are you surprised since we are twins?! lol! Glad you are recharged and motivated again.
    This week I am trying so hard to log everything and exercise a ton. I've been having a hard time with motivation. Not sure if it is because of burn out, been on here logging since October and some days I just haven't been feeling it! Plateaued for a long time at this weight too. Happy with how I look, but know I need to lose 30 more. Just gotta keep trying!
  • bluepoppies777
    Sounds like you all had an awesome long weekend. Ours in Canada was last weekend and we had fun too!
    Nichole, graduation is so fun. My son was on top of the world! Just a new phase of life, but it can be hard! They have to spread their wings but there is so much to look forward to for the future, even in our relationships with them.
  • bluepoppies777
    Rachel, I don't even know if I have bounced back since my FIL's funeral over a month ago... Maybe just this week. Sounds like your month will be challenging, but if anyone can do it, you can! Determination and will power!!
  • Rachel0778
    @ShyCush6 I'm glad you were able to take a break to get refreshed! Kayaking with the family sounds like an absolute blast, it's good to have you back!

@bluepoppies777 Let's bounce back together! Burn out is definitely real. I hope you keep checking back in here to help us both stay accountable

@health_guard Any plans to use those kayaks this summer? Sounds like so much fun!

@ngolden3320 Congrats on Jenna's graduation, what an exciting transition! Any good books to recommend from the cabin?

I'm feeling so much better after boxing yesterday. I really needed that class to kick me in the pants and get me feeling back to normal. I've been so stressed about June and I really should be excited about all the exciting experiences coming up. My official plan is to maintain my weight through the second week of July. I'll still keep tracking for accountability, but I'm not going to let the scale dictate my life. This is going to be a great month and I am going to enjoy myself to the fullest. There's no reason for me to speed this weight loss along, it will come when it comes and learning how to maintain is important too. I seriously feel so much better getting that off my chest, bring on the weekend!
  • janetay01
    @shycush6 - good to see you back, was wondering where you had got to and if you were ok.

@bluepoppies777 and @health_guard - can I join the bouncing back group :). Burn out definitely exists and I think I've been feeling it but I logged and stayed within target yesterday and today is going well so far. We can do this!

@ngolden3320 - congrats on the graduation. It must feel odd for you to see her so grown up but how exciting at the same time. It's such an achievement for her and sets her off on the next stage of life. Same question to you about books - what were you reading/what would you recommend? I'm at a bit of a lose end books wise at the moment - could do with some inspiration!

@rachel07778 - glad the boxing helped yesterday. I went out for a brisk walk before lunch and it's really had a positive effect - I would normally be falling asleep over my keyboard right now and for once I'm not. I like your plan for the month and you are so right - learning how to maintain and live happily once we get to our goals is so important.

Well, its Wednesday and I have one more day at work before we go away. And we are so not ready to go!!! I have packing lists coming out of my ears, food to cook for the little one, clothes, books, toys to pack for him. I have this very real fear that we will get to the cabin and realise that we have not packed anything for ourselves!! This is why we haven't taken him on holiday yet - it is like a military operation getting everything together!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Feels good to be back!
    Nicole – I did some reading as well! I really enjoy a good book!! Ahhh… Graduation… Hope it went awesome! A new chapter in her life. Exciting!
    Joy – Glad to be back! It did feel good. And I am feeling more motivated so it must’ve been what I needed. Plateaus can really wreck havoc… But as long as you are happy, that is all that matters! It never will seem enough as I doubt I will ever be “skinny” =) But we will be successful and get to our goal weight though!!
    Missy – I love kayaking!! We probably go 3x a month at least in the summer. We like rivers and lakes! Definitely get them out there this summer and enjoy! It’s a great time and so peaceful!
  • kgslim17
    kgslim17 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I am back. I haven't been posting but I have been trying to read. It sounds like everyone has been busy. I had to recalibrate because the only thing I was doing was gaining. So, I stopped working out for a week and just concentrated on writing down what I ate and journaling on that day. Then, I started incorporated my workouts again. I don't know what the scale says but I am beginning to feel better on the inside. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for the support.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    hi everyone, i havent been on the boards for a while due to having eye problems, but today i had laser eye surgery to reduce the pressure in my eyes so hopefully i will be getting back to normal really soon. I have been told NO exercise for 2 days :( ,
    I hope you are all doing ok - i will have a read when my eyes have settled ;)
  • janetay01
    @gilliansmith2 - hope the surgery will sort out the problems for you. Take care of yourself and you'll soon be back - two days isn't long :)

Talk to me about fitbit and syncing with MFP good people. Do I log exercise on MFP or do I let my fitbit do all the work? I've just found my fitbit and have been setting it up/working out how it all works (bought it a long time ago but really, really didn't get on with it!). It seems to be picking up most stuff from MFP but it thinks I'm way over on my intake and doesn't appear to be taking my earlier walk into account. Help! How do i get it to pick up everything it should??