Your first Tattoo's & the story behind it

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    My first, one and only is a purple butterfly with an eye in the wing. My brother and I always talked about getting tattoos and when I divorced my first husband who didn't like tattoos my brother's first reaction was I'm making you an appointment and I'm getting you your tattoo. So I went with plans for a cat since I'm Ali Cat and flipped though the book and saw this butterfly which seemed appropriate...divorce, spreading my wings and the eye seemed like it would look out for me. So that's my story but really I just got it cause it was purple and cute
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Mine was when I turned 18 at the Circus Circus tattoo convention in Reno. It's a rosary that wraps around my ankle with the cross falling on top of my foot. Instead of beads it's just a chain and in the centerpiece of the "rosary" is an aries symbol. My mom got the same thing on her foot, but she has her kids initials in the centerpiece. Needless to say, it took 1.5 hours to complete mine and about 30-45 minutes for hers. :s

She is a huge Nikki Sixx fan and him and his wife, at the time, had it done, so she wanted it. I just like crosses.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    My first tattoo is the Chinese symbol for strength, pink to black in color. I got this tattoo because I went through a lot in my life when I was 26, I became a single mom, I had to learn how to support myself and my son alone, and I finally lost weight (120 lbs to be exact). I got this tattoo as a constant reminder that I am strong and I can conquer anything that life hands me.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    1st tattoo @ 39, month before my 40th bday. My son's friend drew a manga angel which I LOVED. I wanted to get it on my left thigh. I took a picture thinking the artist could print it, but he couldn't. Said he needed the original. I REALLY wanted a tattoo that day as my son and I were doing it together, so I picked a commercial angel with color and had it inked on my right shoulder blade.

PS- the friend gave me the drawing the next month for my bday and I got it inked Mar2015 right where I wanted it by my Awesome artist. I then had script free-handed tying my dark angel to my light angel and wrapping over my shoulder swirling to my right elbow. Love the results. No Regrets.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    My first tattoo was for my sister who passed away. I had promised her before hand that we would get 'sister' tattoos, and we never got the chance. It is a cabbage rose, with her name. My husband, who is a tattoo artist, added onto it the book version of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet walking away together.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    A skull with a pink bow. And because I loved skulls with pink bows.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Got drunk and it seemed like a great idea at the time. It was just meh, not in love with it....so YEARS later my daughter drew me an awesome tattoo and my brother in law helped her design it so it would cover the original tattoo and did a cover up, now I'm in love with it. :)
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    My first is in the middle of my upper back. It's a peace sign with roses growing around and twining through it with the words "Let It Grow" in script beneath it.
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    My first tattoo was on the 1 year anniversary of joint the Navy. This was back in 1979...before tattoos were "normal."
  • pektranao
    pektranao Posts: 187 Member
    Ive been breakdancing for around 8 years now so i have key notes and piano to represent music.
  • Swolfwood
    Swolfwood Posts: 115 Member
    Was at work, met a guy that said he did tatooes. Was like thats cool always wanted one. Phoned couple of friends. We all went to get tatted and smoked a fat bong. Got my fav aninal on ny chest. A big red wolf
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    My first one was my father's name on my wrist. He passed away when I was 12 and I chose the wrist so I can see it everyday. :smile:
  • Kimbly69
    Kimbly69 Posts: 17 Member
    My first tattoo was to mark my independence. . I had left a really bad abusive marriage and was taking on the life of a single mom... many moons ago.. it is a lone wolf on a mountain with the sun setting behind her.. I have 5 each represents something of importance in my life and can't wait for the next one.. probably in the next month or so
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Iv not got any but always been playing about with the idea.
    Can't decide what to get though and then I'd be worried if I didn't like it and I'm stuck with it.

But I think it must be pretty liberating to get a tat. Especially if it's one you love
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    rib cage, black roses and vines. Guys kept giving me these cheap $1 roses at the bar because they would see a rose lady walk by and in their drunken stupper they would think hey maybe if I buy her this cheap *kitten* rose ill get laid tonight. It annoyed the *kitten* outta me. So I got the tat to symbolize Don't ever settle for less than your worth.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Can't decide what to get though and then I'd be worried if I didn't like it and I'm stuck with it.

But I think it must be pretty liberating to get a tat. Especially if it's one you love

I've heard it said that getting my name tattooed on you is the most enjoyable thing ever. ;)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    My first tattoo was just a simple little rose on my wrist to see if I could tolerate the pain everyone said you experience (didn't hurt tbh) then I got the tattoos that I really wanted… now up to 10 and still going
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    jnichel wrote: »
    kate141987 wrote: »

I've heard it said that getting my name tattooed on you is the most enjoyable thing ever. ;)

Lol lol
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    PhoenixWithoutAshes1 Posts: 99 Member
    My first, and only so far, is an angel (cherub actually), on my upper right arm. Our second son died when he was 6 days old, and I got the tat on what would have been his first birthday. I want to get another tat, but haven't found the right one yet. I've only been looking for 23 years now!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    I got a branch of cherry blossoms for my best friend that passed away when we were teenagers. They symbolize the fleeting nature of life.