How to crave that sweet tooth the healthy way

Options
ressapowell
ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
So my urge to eat something sweet has consumed me lol. Eating clean is so difficult, specially during that special time of the month when we ladies crave some chocolate. My cousin shared a wonderful recipe with me.
You simply get a brownie mix and blend it with puree black beans. Bake it as intructed on the box and it even comes out with a more fudge flavor.

Does anyone else have any recipes for a healthy sweet tooth suppressor?

Replies

• busykimmy3
    busykimmy3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has great deserts.my fav is Graham crackers on bottom layer and yogurt mixed with applesauce 2nd layer ..and repeat. Yumm
  • ressapowell
    ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That does sound good. I would make that with greek yogurt since it is a lot better when you're trying to lose weight. Also be careful on your applesauce, a lot of then tend to have unwanted amounts of sugar.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would say caving in to the craving actually induces more cravings. BUUUUT, I'm not perfect.

85% dark chocolate or greater.
    OR
    Toasted coconut flakes in heavy whipping cream.
    OR
    A spoon of peanut butter.
    OR
    A mix of coconut oil (1tbsp) and cocoa powder (1 tsp)
    OR
    I sometimes eat Quest bars or Ketocups.

I'm high fat, low carb so no fruits or such for me. There are more fancy fat bomb recipes out there, but I am lazy.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like to heat up a pure protein bar in the microwave for about 15 seconds and eat it with a fork and glass of milk. Tastes like a chocolate candy bar. But between the bar and the milk, that's 300 calories, so I don't do that too frequently.

I also made protein chocolate pudding with sliced strawberries and froze it like ice cream.

Or I'll make a berry crisp. 3oz fresh blackberries/raspberries in an individual ramekin, topped with a mix of rolled oats, tsp brown sugar, some protein powder and tsp low calorie butter. Top it off with some Greek yogurt or slow churned vanilla ice cream.

Mint Fudge Enlightened Bars are yummy and have great macros.
  • crickie152
    crickie152 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tesco mango and passionfruit frozen yogurts. 90 cals. Perfect!!!
  • karibee02
    karibee02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make this awesome sweet potato "brownie"
    1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
    1/2 cup smooth nut butter
    2 tbsp pure maple syrup
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (i do half dark, half milk chocolate cocoa)
    1 tbsp mini chocolate chips (it feels like theres more when they are mini!)
    bake at 350 for around 15-20 minutes or until you prefer. They are so gooey almost like a lava cake.
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love mixing my protein powder with some peanut butter. (Mix it with little of water) then putting it on a apple and another great recipe are katie Anne brownies (Google or youtube) so good!
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I freeze grapes and pop them like candy when I have a sweet tooth. Freezing makes them sweeter and crunchier.

I also zap frozen blueberries in the microwave and mix them with Greek yogurt.

Sometimes a mash up a banana and sprinkle some nuts and chocolate shavings over it.
  • GoKelsey
    GoKelsey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you increase your protein intake, this will stabilize your blood sugar and make you crave sugar less. I used to be ADDICTED to ice cream and chocolate (as in, HAD to have it every day) and now (eating 15-25g protein each meal, 5 meals/day) I don't think about sweets. It's incredibly freeing. In fact, brownies and cookies don't even taste good to me anymore.

But before I got to this point, blending 1 scoop peanut butter protein powder, 3/4 cup milk, and 1 frozen banana was like ice cream. YUM! Bonus: you can have it for breakfast, guilt-free! :)
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So my urge to eat something sweet has consumed me lol. Eating clean is so difficult, specially during that special time of the month when we ladies crave some chocolate. My cousin shared a wonderful recipe with me.
    You simply get a brownie mix and blend it with puree black beans. Bake it as intructed on the box and it even comes out with a more fudge flavor.

Does anyone else have any recipes for a healthy sweet tooth suppressor?

Black Bean brownies? I have never tried that. How much black beans and skip eggs water etc? I would love to know more about this.
  • emileesudweek
    emileesudweek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i recently found halo-top ice cream which is 240 cal per pint and i think 20g of protein?? pretty rad