The Law of the Garbage Truck

wildkat318
wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
Someone sent this to me and I really liked it and thought I would share.

Law of the Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. ignore the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a garbage-free day! :drinker:

Replies

• wildkat318
    Someone sent this to me and I really liked it and thought I would share.

Law of the Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
    Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
    The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. ignore the ones who don't.
    Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a garbage-free day! :drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I really like this! Thank you for posting this! I know people exactly like this and one of them is my sister in law. They seem to want everyone to be as unhappy as they are. Well not me! I won't let them get me down! Thanks again!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    I knew (worked with) a person once that was only happy when she was miserable and only truly happy when she could make everyone else miserable.
    She lived to be angry.

What an awful life.
  • I love it!!!!! Going to print that out and read it everyday!
  • wildkat318
    I love it!!!!! Going to print that out and read it everyday!

Glad you like it. I know, I did the same.

I sent it to a friend and she said something about great advice, now if only I can put it into action. Isn't that the way, knowledge is fabulous but if we don't use it, what good is it?

I think it's like anything else, we just have to practice and it will become second nature, right? :bigsmile: That's what I'm hoping for! Good luck! :drinker:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: bump:smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    This was cool I am cutting and pasting it to send my friends and family. Thanks! We get a lot of garbage trucks here in Vegas.:wink:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    bump-1.gif
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    So glad this got bumped! Thanks for the bump and the post - what a great story. Copying, pasting and sending allllll around. :flowerforyou: