Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    I'm with Jen... I do the same.
    Gill, hope the surgery helps you out... If I know you, you will make up for those 2 days! ;)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Good Morning All. Well made it through graduation, however my *kitten* is now dragging. going to bed at 11 and getting up at 3 does not a happy camper make. Bring on the coffee.whywn34qanyb.jpg

This is the family. Cassidy, me, Jenna, Brandon, and Shawn.

Gillian glad to hear your doing better after your eye surgery.

Shy. I am a big fan of the Patricia Corwell series with Kay Scarpetta. Am almost done with her latest Depraved Heart. I used to read all the time and then just stopped. I found out that I really missed. So she better get writing the next book.

• sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    I just want to say a great big thank you to all of you for sharing your accomplishments, rough days and so much more. It is a daily dose of motivation every time I read the posts. I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of summer.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @health_guard. You go girl. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @janetay01 So jealous of your long weekend, I hope you have a blast at the cabin!

@ShyCush6 I'm with you, I'll never be "skinny" but I will be the best version of myself I can be

@kgslim17 Welcome back! How'd the recalibration go?

@GillianSmith2 Glad the surgery went well! Go slow and listen to your doctors. One of my coworkers didn't and she ended up having to re-do the surgery-yikes!

@jkhoffe 200 on beer sounds like an excellent bang for your calorie buck! What was the beer of choice?

@ngolden3320 Beautiful photo of you and your family! You look fantastic, all this hard work is paying off! Hopefully you can fit in a nap today, 4 hours of sleep is rough! Congratulations to Jenna on her graduation!

@sunrisetrout Stop in any time for motivation, we love having you as a part of the group! How's your summer going so far?

@health_guard Wow you've got quite the busy summer of yardwork planned! Landscaping can be a serious workout!
  • Rachel0778
    Nothing new or exciting to report in my neck of the woods. I feel back to normal after my incredibly overindulgent weekend so that's a good sign. One day, one choice at a time :)
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Good morning everyone! Wow-I can't believe its already Thursday. The weekend is going to be here before I even recover from last weekend! Sounds like everyone is doing great! Welcome back Shy! Well, last weekend my husband and I decided to reward all of our hard work on the house by getting a kayak and a paddle board. We spent last weekend on the beach and it was so much fun! My husband isn't a fan of the paddle board-but I love it! That one was for me. Wow-is that a workout! Hopefully we can get some good use out of them. The kayak is a lot of fun too! I need to get myself back into things. I am still pretty much maintaining, but the weight loss has pretty much stopped. I think since I have pretty much stopped exercising that has not helped. But now that the weather is so warm going to the track after work is not really something I want to do. I sweat like crazy already-but with the heat and humidity here it is pretty miserable working out outside. I just have to get over that. Or-convince my husband that we need an elliptical machine for home or something. I am working on that. Maybe my reward for the next house (although we already have quite a few plans like a car for my youngest, the middle one is going to London next year, the youngest is going on a cruise...) It always seems like we spend our money before we even have it! Anyway-I hope everyone has a great day!
  • ShyCush6
    Nicole – Beautiful family!! I’ll have to check out Patricia Corwell… I don’t have any I am seriously reading as I jumap around a lot. Lexi got a bunch of Nicholas Sparks books for Christmas so I am making my way through them. I’m usually big on murder mystery…

Missy – Awesome!! I just love summer! I love the projects and the feeling of accomplishment… I love my flower beds and keeping my yard beautiful and all the fun stuff going on almost everyday! Makes me wonder why I live in Wisconsin as I love to be outdoors!

I had good couple days. I was some what naughty yesterday as my boss bought frozen yogurt shakes for everyone… but I managed to eat a very small dinner and make up for it! Proud of myself for that! I had gained a little over Memorial wknd. But glad to say that and then some is off now!!

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Morning everyone - just! Well, I'm shattered already today and it's not yet lunchtime :). took little one to nursery, took husband to work (yes, personal chauffeur service at the moment - saves on parking charges!), did the food shop for our weekend away, got a spare set of house keys cut and took them to my parents. Took the cats to the cattery and then came home to pack everything that we need - just as well we have hired a car with a large boot!!

Just sat down for a quick break and browse of the forums before going to pick husband up at 12:30. Then we need to get lunch, pack the car (which hopefully will have been dropped off by 1), pick up little one and then head off to drive for a couple of hours to the cabin we have booked for the weekend. Then sleep!!!! We have plans to cook in the cabin tonight but I could easily be tempted by the curry package that they offer to deliver to the door :)

Missy - love what you are doing in your garden. I've been doing quite a bit in oursrecently - love when the weather improves enough to get everything planted up and looking good for the summer.

Shy/Nicole - I'd forgotten about Patricia Cornwell - always used to be a fan of hers but not read any of them for a while. And that reminds me, I need to have a look for something to load onto my kindle for the weekend!

Anyways, have great weekends all and I'll be back on Monday - then just have to survive my 40th on tuesday without eating too much and I'll be back on track :smiley:
  • danan01
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! Just joined a 28 day challenge with my boot caezrrp5azjunh.jpg
    mp, so definitely need to keep tracking.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Happy Friday, everyone!
    Nichole, what a lovely family picture. Hope graduation was so fun for her. It's definitely a big hullaballoo for them- they are on top of the world! Nice to see the kids we watched grow up, now they are all adults and moving on to a new phase in life!
    Missy, good job on the work on your house and yard! You guys are going to have it all perfect in no time!
    Jane, happy early 40th. Mine was last September... glad to be in the next decade, although the months leading up to my birthday weren't great. I think I was really having a hard time with that number! But in the end, it's just a number and now I am getting into shape and feeling much better! Enjoy your weekend away, sounds fab!
    Dana - preach it ! Kids suck all our money away! LOL! If it's not one thing, it's definitely 10 other things! haha! The beach and paddleboarding sounds awesome. We've rented paddle boards before and I had a blast. The first time we rented one, my older son was probably 16 or 17 and I sat on it and he paddled me around... fun until we tipped and I couldn't bloody well get back on! We were killing ourselves laughing!
    Well, we are all packed up for our first camping trip of the summer. Staying in our area, because usually the first trip we forget all kinds of stuff, and the trailer batteries are dead or who knows what else! We are going with 3 other families we know, so I'm sure it will be a riot. I've read myself the riot act about junk food, so I am going to stick with my healthy food I brought and skip the ice cream/chips etc that everyone always brings out. There is a really nice hike to a waterfall, so I will do that both days as well.
    Summer isn't easy with all the bbq's and drinks, but if we can do it over thanksgiving and Christmas/new year's, we can do it over summer! :)
    Have an awesome weekend, everyone!
  • bluepoppies777
    bkrfvi8kfnry.jpg

Dana - this one is for you!
  • bluepoppies777
  • Rachel0778
    Work is super crazy today so I just wanted to check in and say:

fochhaspqzy6.jpg

• ShyCush6
    edited June 2016
    Rachel – Glad you are feeling better after a fun indulgent weekend!
    Dana – Yay, on the kayak and paddleboard! FUN!!! Good for you!! It is hard to exercise when it is so hot and humid. I find those are good days to take the pup for a nice long walk… you burn calories but it is easier on your body in the humidity! Especially with a bottle of water. I can’t do a track and I get bored super easy, but I like walking neighborhoods and checking out flowers and homes and overall curb appeal! =)
    Cake gets me every damn time! ;)
    Janetay 01 - Have a great trip!! Sounds like a fun getaway! Celebrate that 40th!! You’ve earned it! ;)
    Jen – Enjoy the soccer. Lexi’s last game for the summer is Sunday! =( Love girls weekends too! I have one coming up in 3 weeks! I can’t wait!!!
    Joy - Have a great time camping! Sounds so fun! Yes, it is hard with all the goodies that come with camping but you got this!! I have faith in you!!
    Hope you all have a great weekend! I don’t have much planned so hoping I can get the kayak out some!

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    yh03nnm3o46x.jpg
    This is my new Puppy "Barkley" he has me very busy right now, sorry have not been active on thread. Here's to June and all of us achieving our goals! Happy Saturday
  • danan01
    Shy-so cute!

Jen-wow! I'm glad you found your 13 year old! I would have panicked too!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We worked our butts off and decided to take a "sick" day tomorrow. So we spent tonight at the beach! It was awesome!
  • Rachel0778
    Jen and Shy- love the photos of your adorable puppies!

Jen- Gotta love teenagers ;) Glad everything is okay

Dana-Great idea on the "sick" day. I call it my mental health. Have fun on the beach!

I'm off to Seattle this week so I'll be MIA until next Monday. I hope everyone has an awesome healthy week. Wish me luck on making good choices!