Exercises to get rid of the muffin top

HELP!!! Need to get rid of this muffin top, it's driving me insane!

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Muffin top is the result of wearing pants that are too tight and fat/skin being pushed up over the edge of the pants as a result.

You can't spot reduce fat. Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose fat (eventually it will come off your waist). For now maybe try finding a different cut/size pants that doesn't give you the muffin top.

That isn't always the case I was. I've always had a muffin top and even have one naked. Have had it since I was a child and even though I am skinny now I still have a muffin top.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    Muffin top is the result of wearing pants that are too tight and fat/skin being pushed up over the edge of the pants as a result.

You can't spot reduce fat. Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose fat (eventually it will come off your waist). For now maybe try finding a different cut/size pants that doesn't give you the muffin top.

That isn't always the case I was. I've always had a muffin top and even have one naked. Have had it since I was a child and even though I am skinny now I still have a muffin top.

If you have it naked, is it the dip between the top of your hip bone and thigh? If so, I believe that is called a hip dip and is very common. I've seen some women refer to this as a muffin top (though a muffin top is usually fat/skin being pushed up above pants and the hip dip is typically the result of how your body stores fat/less fat between top of hip & thigh).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

That's not a muffin top.

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    This won't remove fat, but does target the muscles on the sides of the body.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mpGyJfV6bbc
  • jonthemusse
    jonthemusse Posts: 106 Member
    Cling film.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Calorie deficit.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Spanx
  • BekahC1980
    @shadow2soul and @randomtai

I have always been told it is a muffin top by everyone but doctors. Doctors say it's because of my body shape.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    edited June 2016
    Work on your core. Don't over do it. Try to focus more on your exterior obliques with light weight, it's easy to over work them and make your love handles look thicker. The goal you want is strictly diet based, eat less of the bad and processed, and more of the good and whole. Calories, Carbs, Fats, Proteins, and Sugars is what I'd monitor. Try not to confuse bad calories, fats, and sugars with healthy ones.

Some accessories and machines may work, but most of them will be a waste of time. Especially since your aiming for a lower than normal body fat percentage, and at that point, blood circulation, and calories burned in that area should probably not be a problem.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    @shadow2soul and @randomtai

I have always been told it is a muffin top by everyone but doctors. Doctors say it's because of my body shape.

@BekahC1980 - Here's some examples for you (all pictures are mine from different points in my weight loss):
    Hip Dip (present even without clothes, because of body not storing much fat in that area)-
    5o3wmtvpgmkx.jpg
    3panl7xsox2v.jpg
    Some people do mistake this for a muffin top, but unlike a muffin top there isn't anything you can do that will change this. It's just how you are built. The doctor's who told you that it's just your body shape are correct.

Muffin Top -
    d7b3qqrfa7nm.jpg
    453v8gf8yqzk.jpg
    The result of wearing clothes that are too tight and fat/skin being pushed over the top.

• BekahC1980
    @shadow2soul thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it . :*
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Cardio and in the agreement pants in the proper size will reduce the look.