New fitbit user question

ssakcik
ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
Double post sorry. I posted this in the Fitbit group but recon I'll get a quicker answer here :). Hubby bought me a fit bit yesterday. Today is my full day wearing it. I've synced it to MFP but am wondering one or two things (I'm sure I'll come up with more lol). Oh and I'm trying to lose the last few lbs too.
So I went out running this morning. I set my fit bit to record it. So my question is: on MFP under exercise I now have a bit that says. Fit bit adjustments (or something like that). So do I also record my run on MFP under exercise or it that recorded as part of the Fit bit sync?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2016
    You no longer need to record any exercise now on MFP, let Fitbit sort that, it will sync and adjust the calories here on MFP. If you did, the calorie burn could be doubled up.
    Use MFP to record your food and Fitbit for exercise :smile:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    You'll find your adjustment goes up and down across the day too, but will soon get a feel for how it works. You can log workouts from FitBit here but be careful to enter the times so it overwrites the correct period of time on FitBit
  • ssakcik
    Thank you @runrutheerun that was just the advise I was looking for! Perfect, thank you for answering. I was thinking that if I recorded it in mfp that it would double up. Thank you.
  • ssakcik
    @runrutheerun or anyone else happy to answer hope you don't mind me asking you another question... So it's the end of the day... MFP says I have 200 cals left and but Fitbit says I'm 12 cals over... It went from 90 cals left to 12 over without me eating anything... Is that because it estimates daily burn based on the activity in the beginning of the day? Makes it difficult to work out how much to eat when taking into account calories burned. I've got MFP set to 1200 cals so I do have some leeway.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    ssakcik wrote: »
    @runrutheerun or anyone else happy to answer hope you don't mind me asking you another question... So it's the end of the day... MFP says I have 200 cals left and but Fitbit says I'm 12 cals over... It went from 90 cals left to 12 over without me eating anything... Is that because it estimates daily burn based on the activity in the beginning of the day? Makes it difficult to work out how much to eat when taking into account calories burned. I've got MFP set to 1200 cals so I do have some leeway.

Sometimes fitbit will double up entries it syncs from MFP diary. I usually ignore that part of fitbit anyway, but I will delete the extra entries if I do notice.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Go by what cals MFP says you have left rather than Fitbit. Sorry for delay in answer was out this evening and only got a chance to check back now.

Happy Fitbit-ing :smiley:
  • ssakcik
    @runrutheerun thank you for coming back to answer. I appriciate it. I'm sticking with MFP :)