What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    That sitting can hurt your tailbone
    Leaning on a kitchen island hurts your ribs / hip bones.

yeah, that lack of padding issues.

Yep I bruised mine. Sitting is agony even with a fancy cushion and chair
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    when I lay on my side and my knees touch --so uncomfortable

I hate this as well - I couldn't work out how on earth I was bruising the INSIDES of my knees, until I twigged that it was the result of my knees clanking together. Sleeping is dreadfully uncomfortable now :(

• se539
    se539 Posts: 1 Member
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

Never heard of this. Does any body have a medical reason your breath would change?
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    se539 wrote: »

Never heard of this. Does any body have a medical reason your breath would change?

This could be why:

https://www.verywell.com/is-your-low-carb-diet-giving-you-bad-breath-2242075

• NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Osiris275 wrote: »
    After loosing 116lb so far, the realisation that I'm actually quite attractive - not meaning to sound arrogant but when men first started looking at me I would check I didn't have something on my face lol and I took it while to get that they were looking at me because I looked good lol xx

I long for this day <3 awesome.

If anyone ever looked at me if assume they were trying to play a trick or making a joke. I hope I can get to the stage where I accept it as a compliment. :)

Awww. I hope you get to that stage because if I saw you, I'd smile because I'd think how happy you looked hanging out with your dog.
  • SkezzaShredder
    SkezzaShredder Posts: 39 Member
    That fundamentally, a diet starts with knowledge and research, not f***ing pseudo-science. One of the hardest parts of getting into the diet I am in (which is really delivering results so far) is that I simply didn't have a good diet plan, I didn't know what foods to avoid, I didn't know what foods to eat, and I didn't know what time of the day to eat them. When I talk about pseudo-science, I'm talking about those who believe weight loss can be solved with 'emotions' and 'psychology', like my mum was a great example of this. She used to say "what causes you to eat badly? Is it stress from work? Do you eat because you're unhappy?"..... "errr, no, it's because I genuinely have no idea what I should be eating". I understand that food addictions can be caused by emotions and what not, but ultimately, pseudo-science and psychology only really helps with the very few. A great many people don't lose weight, because they simply don't know how too.

Eventually, I spent about an hour talking to a guy at work who was very overweight as a young adult, and lost a lot of weight using a low GI diet and lots of discipline. I started to follow his diet, his recommendations, low and behold, the weight is falling off me. Knowledge, research and desire, that's all you need.

I wouldn't be so quick to knock psychology and emotions when it comes to eating.

I knew the correct foods to eat. I just didn't eat them. I ate to deal with stress, negative feelings, and so on. I'm glad you've never experienced this problem yourself, but some of us have. In fact, learning to recognize WHY I ate the way I did was ultimately what helped me change my eating habits.

As I said, I am not failing to acknowledge them, but I am pointing out that (imo) a lot of people who do eat poorly do so because they lack the knowledge. I believe psychological and emotional eaters are representing perhaps a smaller minority. A lot of people eat poorly, simply because they don't know how to eat well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!