What's getting in your way?

Will_Run_for_Food
Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
Sure, many people claim to struggle with weight loss and have no idea why. But a lot of us DO know why and for whatever reason just can't figure out how to get past it.

So I ask: What is getting in your way of reaching your goals? What is your Achilles Heel? Is it alcohol? Night time eating? Emotional eating? Lack of motivation to exercise?

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Definitely lack of motivation to exercise. Most days I think it would be easier if I had someone to go to the gym with me or even go for a walk with me.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    2 Feet, 2 Achilles heels. One- I need to have both knees replaced, so it's hard for me to do lots of exercise - or it makes for a good excuse. Two - I don't plan out my meals very well. I eat out a lot during lunch and don't always make the best food choice I can once I'm out dining. :( Apparently I suck at this...
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Definitely alcohol. Wine in particular
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I love to eat out and love the variety and ease of eating out. So......while I've always enjoyed cooking, I'm pushing myself to cook more and to cook different things. No more cooking rut. And I've noticed that when I start craving to go out that I haven't tried a new recipe in a while.
  • southbaysonia
    southbaysonia Posts: 39 Member
    Fear of success.
  • retrogal76
    retrogal76 Posts: 40 Member
    Hair thinning
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 214 Member
    Portion control, particularly of bread products. Left to my own devices, I'll eat and entire loaf of French bread, smeared with a wheel of brie or Nutella. Or six tortillas with dinner, on top of rice, beans, and chips. :/
  • grigglipuff
    grigglipuff Posts: 44 Member
    My mental health. Anybody have tips for getting out of depression?
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Nothing anymore. I want it badly enough this time.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    How long i still have to go. Just looking at how much i still have to lose makes me want to quit.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Snacking.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    badnoodle wrote: »
    Portion control, particularly of bread products. Left to my own devices, I'll eat and entire loaf of French bread, smeared with a wheel of brie or Nutella. Or six tortillas with dinner, on top of rice, beans, and chips. :/

Carbs and Sugar are my downfall so I understand @Badnoodle
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    I live in an area filled to the gills with bomb *kitten* taco shops, Filipino food, Korean BBQ, and milk tea.

Also, Jack in the Box stuffed jalapeños exist 24 hours a day less than a minute away from me in three separate directions.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    My mental health. Anybody have tips for getting out of depression?

As someone who has been there, my first advice is talk to your physician, take a test to see if you have depression, and if so, try a medication, and go to a psychologist. Be open to change and help. Good luck!
  • polkadot346
    polkadot346 Posts: 14 Member
    Mine is the weekends. It's really hard for me to stay motivated to track when I'm running around with friends, or eating at other ppls houses and restaurants. I try to follow my fit friends, watch how little (or no) chips or dessert they eat and use that as motivation... There's not a lot of mystery when I really look, But the struggle is real for me.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Being lazy and eating huge portions was my downfall and IIFYM was my savior.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    MzKrystle wrote: »
    Definitely alcohol. Wine in particular

Me too. I try to budget my calories but it all adds up so quickly!
  • PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Weekend beer and sugar binges....dangggggg'd it
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Having self control when eating with my partner, we cook the most delicious moreish dinners together. They aren't that unhealthy, I just like to eat 3 bowls of it haha. I have to try and and eat under my target calories throughout the week to make up for my weekends with him but it's tough. Also, alcohol, especially now I've finished uni and don't have to focus on my studies, the beer gardens are too tempting!