Can I eat takeaway 2 days in a row?

I've eaten so unbelievably well recently! But tonight I'm a bit pushed for time and was thinking of getting a KFC (for the first time in months) but tomorrow my boyfriend is coming over and he wants to order food in. Is this okay for me to do? If I fit it into my calories for the day it won't do any harm will it? It's just that it makes me feel like I'll put on tons of weight if I eat it!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    If it fits your calories, go for it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    No, you'll not put on tons of weight because of two days of take out - you probably will go over on sodium though which will spike up the scale for a few days, but its no biggie and its not a real gain.
    And yes, if you can fit take out into your calories then of course you'll not gain.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    You can fit takeaway in your calories? Lucky you.

But no it won't do any harm as long as you don't go over. And hey, even if you do it's just a couple of days; as long as it isn't a regular thing it won't really make any difference in the long run.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Water weight, probably. In the fall and winter I almost always have fast food for dinner on Thursday nights and pizza on Friday nights. I didn't affect my loss at all.
  • natebollinger
    natebollinger Posts: 24 Member
    KFC has healthy food and I eat it from time to time. Get the grilled chicken breasts (remove the skin as much as you can) and then get green beans and mashed potatoes (I get them without the gravy). The calorie count is low and the protein count is high, so it'll keep you full and satisfied! ;-)
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Every day for a year won't matter if you stay within your calorie goal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If you can make it fit your calorie plan and if you want to eat it, go ahead. When I get to work today I'll have a donut. It fits my plan today.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Whoa - it's a S0vi sighting!
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Go for it if it fits. I have a takeaway with my boyfriend almost weekly and I'm still losing weight. Just obviously check the nutritional information before you order.
  • SkezzaShredder
    SkezzaShredder Posts: 39 Member
    Why not? It's about lifestyle change. Two days won't make a huge difference. Two days every week for the next six months will.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    If it fits your calories, eat it. Or, if you go over, distribute the calories over the next week by eating say 50cals less than your usual every day.
    S0vi wrote: »
    I would not waste it on KFC. They are gross. Get some real good bad for you food.

If OP wants KFC, she can eat it as long as it fits, but yeah....there is better fried chicken out there, such as home made deliciousness! ;)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    I've eaten so unbelievably well recently! But tonight I'm a bit pushed for time and was thinking of getting a KFC (for the first time in months) but tomorrow my boyfriend is coming over and he wants to order food in. Is this okay for me to do? If I fit it into my calories for the day it won't do any harm will it? It's just that it makes me feel like I'll put on tons of weight if I eat it!

It is not ok, you will put on 6 stone and probably self destruct in 5,4...

Just kidding, KFC is delicious, do it.
  • exact0ninja
    exact0ninja Posts: 33 Member
    In all honesty, a cheat day won't affect your diet the way you think it will. This is basically a cheat day or a cheat meal. If anything, it's good for your metabolism. If you have to eat 2 days out in a row, I would just select something healthier for the second option. For instance, if he's planning on Chinese, get the steamed chicken and mixed vegetables with white rice (yes most places offer this now.) If you get pizza, opt for the thin crust vegetarian. Etc. Just be mindful of your decisions, eat the right portions, and forget it ever happened.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    In all honesty, a cheat day won't affect your diet the way you think it will. This is basically a cheat day or a cheat meal. If anything, it's good for your metabolism. If you have to eat 2 days out in a row, I would just select something healthier for the second option. For instance, if he's planning on Chinese, get the steamed chicken and mixed vegetables with white rice (yes most places offer this now.) If you get pizza, opt for the thin crust vegetarian. Etc. Just be mindful of your decisions, eat the right portions, and forget it ever happened.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "cheat day" if she's still within her calories. This is what practicing moderation is about: working the foods you love into your goals as you can. Not every day, but once in a while.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member

No, you will not actually gain weight unless you eat over your maintenance calories. It does not matter where your food came from.
    You might retain water temporarily if you eat a lot of high sodium foods so the number on the scale could bump up due to that.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    It's interesting how Euros seem to say takeaway while Americans usually say "take out".
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    If you eat over on your cals one day can you just create a larger deficit the next day or is this not advisable?