Goal Weight (June 5th): 140

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 150.4
    May 8th: 150.9
    May 15th: 148.7
    May 22nd: 145.4
    May 29th: 147
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals: Taking it 1 day at a time. I'm not gonna let this gain bring me down. I'm gonna get up and try again this week.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Start Weight (May 1st): 177.8lbs
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 170lbs

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 177.8lbs
    May 8th:177.6lbs
    May 15th:178.5lbs
    May 22nd: 181.2lbs (Went on vacation and ate a lot of good food)
    May 29th:177.6lbs
    June 5th:

• TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2016
    Starting weight (May 1st): 188
    Goal weight for this challenge (June 5th): 178

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 188
    May 8th: 186
    May 15th: 184.5
    May 22nd: 182
    May 29th: 180.5
    June 5th:

Fitness/health goal: walk an hour at least 3x a week and ultimately get to 138 lbs.
  • myrightweight
    myrightweight Posts: 22 Member

Start Weight (May 1st): 167
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 157

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 167
    May 8th: 165
    May 15th: 165
    May 22nd: 166
    May 29th: 168
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals:
    Eat healthy with good portions
    Get 30 minutes of exercise each day
    Lose 2 lbs a week changed to: Drink My Water (May 29)

May15th update: Did better during the week. Will have to try to not undo progress by overindulging on weekends! Still have to figure out how to make exercise something I want to do!
    May 22nd update: Really put off posting because I don't like to admit I gained weight, but I realize I am here to be honest to help myself and others. I will try again with renewed motivation from reading your posts!
    May 29th update: Up 2 pounds this week. It is really just one pound up from my start weight. I am changing my goal of lose 2 lbs a week to Drink My Water because I lost weight when I filled up a pitcher of water and made sure I drank it throughout the day. Last week I think I ate when I really was thirsty. I want only three things to focus on as I try again!
  • frugalshrimp
    frugalshrimp Posts: 36 Member
    Bummer --I only saw this today. Would have loved to be in! Maybe next time I will see it!
  • pinkpsyche
    pinkpsyche Posts: 36 Member
    pinkpsyche wrote: »
    Start Weight (May 1st): 256
    Goal Weight (June 5th): anything under 250 so I don't have to go up on the scale to that 250 mark.

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 256
    May 8th:
    May 15th:
    May 22nd:
    May 29th:
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals: Continue to workout at least 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes per day. Also to stay within my calorie allotment for the day.

So I guess I failed big time at the "check in weekly part" of the challenge as listed by the OP. I apologize for that. I have however been coming in daily and reading how amazing everyone is doing. I am truly impressed and motivated by all the hard work going on here. As I had initially explained, I am not going to be weighing myself until the end of the challenge since I only weigh one time per month so as not to obsess on the number. Obsessing has made me give up way too early in the game before.

I am still working on the same goals as I posted above however at a much slower pace. I have an old knee injury that I aggravated by being way over zealous week 1 of owning my fitbit (4/14/16). It has taken me until now to get to the point where it feels decent enough most days. I am never without pain but I haven't been for the last 25+ years so it is all relative. I still wear my knee brace for any and all activity though. It seems to respond better.

I struggle with staying within my daily calorie goal. It is a work in progress. What I can say is I am eating WAY less than I did before I started this journey 4 months ago and the quality of the food intake is far better as well.

So we'll see what happens at my June 1st weigh-in and measure day!

Great work team!

I am so impressed with all the successes I have just read! Way to go pals!! I have had a couple NSV this week that I wanted to share:
    1. Yesterday I set out to go for a walk and just walk for a little bit. I was participating in the Fitbit Goal Day Challenge so at the least I wanted to meet my step goal of 5K steps. I had already done some grocery shopping and exploring a local food coop that I had never been to before, so I knew I had earned some steps there. Anyway, I did go for my walk. I walked a total of 2 miles, I met my 5K step goal while I was out, I got to visit my oldest son while walking (I walked to his house) and then back to where my car was parked a mile away. Going to visit my son was just a bonus and not at all where I mentally started out. The more I walked, the better I felt, so I kept going. This is HUGE for me because I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    2. I was able to put on my wedding ring again for the first time in a couple years now. It has only gone to my knuckle, but now I got it all the way on. It is still a bit tight to wear comfortably, but I know that all my efforts are starting to pay off. My ultimate STG is to be able to comfortably wear my wedding ring by July 20th when my hubby and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Once I do, I will buy myself my 1st new dress since starting on this journey and I am psyched to see what size it will be!
    3. This is not a personal NSV, but it sort of is. My hubby's pants are falling off him and his shirts look like a tent on him!! As a result of everything I have been doing: cooking better, exercising more, etc and he has just been following along, he is losing some weight as well. He eats what I cook and walks with me most of the time, so there ya go!

Nice job friends!!

Really great work going on in here!! I am so proud of all of you!!

I am looking forward to my monthly weigh-in/measurements/pics coming up this week on June 1st. I know I have lost something. I don't know if I will be under 250, as is my goal, although I feel like it could be. I know I have lost size (I can feel it in the way my clothes fit, although not enough to need to buy smaller just yet) and can sorta see something different about me in the mirror...

I have another NSV I wish to share. Last Weds. our town celebrated Red Nose Day by having a fundraising walk. Basically doing laps around "The Green" (a little park area in the center of town). There was no given lap requirement or time spent. It ran from 8am-8pm. I had to be back home to work at 9am, so I got there at 8am and walked for about 40 minutes, which ended up being 6 laps. My intent was to go back when I was done work at 6pm and walk until 8pm, which I did. I silently told myself my goal was to double the amount of laps I had done in the morning since I had twice the time in the evening. I did that and more! I walked 15 laps in the evening, for a total of 5 1/4 miles for the day!! That is the furthest I have walked in many years, if ever! I am super proud of that accomplishment! I also met my all time highest step record for the day of over 15K steps!

Keep up all your great work and I will be sure to check in this Wed. with my news.
  • pinkpsyche
    Start Weight (May 1st): 268.6
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 255
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 268.6
    May 8th: 261.8
    May 15th: 258.6
    May 22nd: 253.8
    May 29th: 249.8
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals:
    1) Work out 15 minutes 5 Times a Week.
    2) Increase water intake.
    3) Get Motivated! - Stay motivated!
    4) stay away from the wine! - stay away!! Didn't do well with the wine this past week!

I am so impressed with your numbers! AND you hit your goal and kept going, even despite the wine! That too is my challenge.
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 105 Member

Start Weight (May 1st): 168
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 160

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 168
    May 8th: 167.7
    May 15th:167.5
    May 22nd: 166
    May 29th: 166.4
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals:
    Workout 30 min daily
    Drink at least 2 liter water
    Stick to my calorie intake goal
    Struggling with meeting my goals, will try and take it day by day, meal by meal.

• Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Start Weight (May 1st): 179.6
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 169.6

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 179.6
    May 8th: 177.4
    May 15th: 176.6
    May 22nd: 176.6
    May 29th: 176.6
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health goal: Ease back into the fitness portion once I feel better. Try not to beat myself up for resting when I'm unwell. Get more accurate with my food logging. More fruit and veggies. Less sugar. Investigate options for a trainer to start strength training.

Fifth Weigh-in: Finally starting to get over the cold, but it's TOM, so no weight loss for me. Also, working three jobs (transitioning from one to another) means a lot of stress. I'm feeling really discouraged right now... :( I definitely won't make my goal and I've only lost 3 lbs this month. Also, a lady on the streetcar thought I was pregnant. *Sigh*
  • mom0f3cuties
    mom0f3cuties Posts: 18 Member
    Start Weight (May 1st): 268.6
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 255
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 268.6
    May 8th: 261.8
    May 15th: 258.6
    May 22nd: 253.8
    May 29th: 249.8
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals:
    1) Work out 15 minutes 5 Times a Week.
    2) Increase water intake.
    3) Get Motivated! - Stay motivated!
    4) stay away from the wine! - stay away!! Didn't do well with the wine this past week!

I am so impressed with your numbers! AND you hit your goal and kept going, even despite the wine! That too is my challenge.

Thank you so much! It's definitely been a challenge. I'm drinking a lot of water and working out at least once a day! Wine always sounds good at the end of a long day, but in the end it's just a lot of empty calories and feeling sluggish and bloated the next day!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Happy Hump Day everyone.

Have to post mid-week ... I have been .2lbs within my low weight all week so far! So, ... unless something really screws this week up ... I should be within striking distance of my goal for this challenge!!

Come Sunday, even if I weigh-in at 150.9 I will be happy!

Start Weight (May 1st): 156.4
    Goal Weight (June 5th):150

Weigh-Ins:
    May 1st: 156.4
    May 8th: 155.8
    May 15th: 154.8
    May 22nd: 153.4
    May 29th:152.2
    June 5th
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Start Weight (May 1st): 148.8
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 142

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 148.8
    May 8th: 146.9 (May 10)
    May 15th: 146.9
    May 22nd: 145.4
    May 29th: 144.3 (May 31)
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals:
    Log every bite I eat-no cheating
    Get 10,000 steps absolutely every day
    Fit in 3 runs a week in addition to my 3x a week bootcamps

Spent the last 5 days helping my parents move & eating whatever was close by (and too much of it). I'm counterbalancing with A LOT of activity but I'm sure I've been over every single one of those days. I hit a low weight of 143 late last week so I still lost overall this week but I'm not sure I can make up enough ground to get to my goal by Sunday. I'll do my absolute best though. Let's finish strong everyone!!
  • gmz1026
    gmz1026 Posts: 84 Member
    Name: G
    Height: 5'3

Beginning weight (January 11): 250
    February 1: 239
    March 1: 229.6
    April 1: 222
    Start Weight (May 1st): 214.6
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 207

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 214
    May 6th: 212.7
    May 13th: 210.2
    May 20nd: 208
    May 27th: 206.7
    May 31st: 206.1

This week: -.6
    This month: -7.9

Made my goal for the month and then some! Ready for June!
  • michy84
    michy84 Posts: 342 Member
    Shelle33 wrote: »
    Start Weight (May 1st): 179.6
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 169.6

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 179.6
    May 8th: 177.4
    May 15th: 176.6
    May 22nd: 176.6
    May 29th: 176.6
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health goal: Ease back into the fitness portion once I feel better. Try not to beat myself up for resting when I'm unwell. Get more accurate with my food logging. More fruit and veggies. Less sugar. Investigate options for a trainer to start strength training.

Fifth Weigh-in: Finally starting to get over the cold, but it's TOM, so no weight loss for me. Also, working three jobs (transitioning from one to another) means a lot of stress. I'm feeling really discouraged right now... :( I definitely won't make my goal and I've only lost 3 lbs this month. Also, a lady on the streetcar thought I was pregnant. *Sigh*

Hold your head up high! Three pounds is an accomplishment! Keep it up and those pounds will add up.
  • pinkpsyche
    Goal Weight (June 5th): anything under 250 so I don't have to go up on the scale to that 250 mark.

Weigh-Ins

May 8th:
    May 15th:
    May 22nd:
    May 29th:
    June 5th:

Fitness/Health Goals: Continue to workout at least 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes per day. Also to stay within my calorie allotment for the day.

So I guess I failed big time at the "check in weekly part" of the challenge as listed by the OP. I apologize for that. I have however been coming in daily and reading how amazing everyone is doing. I am truly impressed and motivated by all the hard work going on here. As I had initially explained, I am not going to be weighing myself until the end of the challenge since I only weigh one time per month so as not to obsess on the number. Obsessing has made me give up way too early in the game before.

I am still working on the same goals as I posted above however at a much slower pace. I have an old knee injury that I aggravated by being way over zealous week 1 of owning my fitbit (4/14/16). It has taken me until now to get to the point where it feels decent enough most days. I am never without pain but I haven't been for the last 25+ years so it is all relative. I still wear my knee brace for any and all activity though. It seems to respond better.

I struggle with staying within my daily calorie goal. It is a work in progress. What I can say is I am eating WAY less than I did before I started this journey 4 months ago and the quality of the food intake is far better as well.

So we'll see what happens at my June 1st weigh-in and measure day!

Great work team!

I am so impressed with all the successes I have just read! Way to go pals!! I have had a couple NSV this week that I wanted to share:
    1. Yesterday I set out to go for a walk and just walk for a little bit. I was participating in the Fitbit Goal Day Challenge so at the least I wanted to meet my step goal of 5K steps. I had already done some grocery shopping and exploring a local food coop that I had never been to before, so I knew I had earned some steps there. Anyway, I did go for my walk. I walked a total of 2 miles, I met my 5K step goal while I was out, I got to visit my oldest son while walking (I walked to his house) and then back to where my car was parked a mile away. Going to visit my son was just a bonus and not at all where I mentally started out. The more I walked, the better I felt, so I kept going. This is HUGE for me because I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    2. I was able to put on my wedding ring again for the first time in a couple years now. It has only gone to my knuckle, but now I got it all the way on. It is still a bit tight to wear comfortably, but I know that all my efforts are starting to pay off. My ultimate STG is to be able to comfortably wear my wedding ring by July 20th when my hubby and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Once I do, I will buy myself my 1st new dress since starting on this journey and I am psyched to see what size it will be!
    3. This is not a personal NSV, but it sort of is. My hubby's pants are falling off him and his shirts look like a tent on him!! As a result of everything I have been doing: cooking better, exercising more, etc and he has just been following along, he is losing some weight as well. He eats what I cook and walks with me most of the time, so there ya go!

Nice job friends!!

Weigh-Ins

May 8th:
    May 15th:
    May 22nd:
    May 29th:
    June 5th: (6/1/16) 252

UPDATE 6/2/16: So I didn't hit my goal of less than 250, but I did lose 4 lbs this month AND 3 3/4 inches so all in all, things are heading in the right direction. I have had several NSV this month as well. Although I am highly competitive and really wanted to meet or exceed my goal, I know the things I need to work on.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited June 2016
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 250

Weigh-Ins
    May 8th: 254
    May 15th: 251
    May 22nd: 247.5
    May 29th: 247
    June 5th: (6/1/16) 242.6

I'm a friday weigh-in person.

Fitness/Health Goals: Walk at least 30 minutes a day and stay under calorie goal.
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Belly flat team
    Start weight - 235.2
    Goal weight - 225

Weigh-Ins

May 1st: 235.2
    May 8th: 231.4
    May 15th: 230
    May 22nd:228.3
    May 29th:226.4
    June 3th: 224.5
  • libertygurl
    libertygurl Posts: 37 Member
    Start Weight (May 1st): 171.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (June 5th): 162.0 lbs - new goal 158.5 lbs

Weigh-Ins:

May 1st: 171.2
    May 8th: 169.3
    May 15th: 165.8
    May 22nd: 163.5
    May 29th: 160.8
    June 5th: 158.1

Total loss during the challenge: 13.1 lbs

So excited, this was my first challenge and it was very motivating, knowing I would be putting my results down each week was great for my focus. I had a great month, and it was no fluke, I worked damn hard at it. My diet was spot on, and I walked and walked and walked...

I have 13.5 lbs to go until my target weight, it is really so close.

I keep saying 'I'm losing it for the last time'. As a 20 year yo-yo dieter, I really and truly feel tired of the ups and downs. (And there have been way more 'ups' weight wise). I am spending a lot of time thinking about the behaviours that I need to change to stay at goal. I know it will be challenging and I'm planning to use myfitnesspal as a tool for support, accountability and to share my journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like...

Congratulations to all and best wishes.