Headphones for running

After only three runs my headphones decided to quit. They were old and I think came with my blackberry? (Ok so they were very old! Lol)
Do the new style earbuds stay in well while running or should I look for a different style?
TIA!

Replies

• Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    bsty2oa2o01f.jpg

I invested in a set of these, Monster iSport Victory. There is no way they will ever just fall out, the sounds is amazing too. Ambulance went past with its sirens on and I couldn't hear a single thing, could just see the lights. Fairly pricey but you really do get what you pay for here.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    I have two sets of Yurbuds, one over the ear and one regular earbuds. Both have a twist and lock mechanism that makes them feel very secure. Both pairs let in ambient noise, which is important to me from a safety aspect when running outside. The earbuds are magnetic, which comes in handy and helps prevent them from getting tangled.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    I have the Beats Wireless ones, they connect via Bluetooth and have amazing sound, plus they stay in place with no problem. Makes a world of difference not to have a wire bumping up against your chest all the time and/or getting caught in stuff. Pricey as well, but I have no regrets.
  • Jonny15121983
    bsty2oa2o01f.jpg

I invested in a set of these, Monster iSport Victory. There is no way they will ever just fall out, the sounds is amazing too. Ambulance went past with its sirens on and I couldn't hear a single thing, could just see the lights. Fairly pricey but you really do get what you pay for here.

I'm not sure that NOT being able to hear an ambulance is a good thing!!

Definitely not advised if you exercise on roads :P I love blocking all that nasty noise pollution out, though yes definitely take some extra visual awareness!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Yurbuds
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    I got a pair of these: http://www.plantronics.com/au/product/backbeat-fit
    They are amazing!! They hold a charge amazingly well, the music quality is tops and they are sweat resistant! They are absolutely perfect for running/ activity and the fact that they are wireless is a huge plus!!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    edited June 2016
    I got these: http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Mixcder-ShareMe-Bluetooth-Cancelling/dp/B0151KNFLY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I have tried umpteen times to do the in ear ones. None work for me. I have really petite ears. YMMV. So I went over the ear. I turn the volume way down when outside because I want to be able to hear ambulance sirens, cars coming, dogs attacking, etc. The price is a lot less than the brand name ones and so far the battery life is excellent (have charged them once in 2 months and use them daily for ~30 minutes). And I love that they are wireless.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Yurbuds are my favorite. I have the in-ear ones. They come with several different insert sizes, and you can order additional ones if needed.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    I wear a single bluetooth ear bud (Plantronics model M70) in my right ear. Hopefully filling both ears with headphones is reserved only for treadmills.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    I second the recommendation to not use noise cancelling earbuds if you're running outside.
    Traffic, loose dogs, domestic disputes, etc. are all things you want to be able to hear.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I use the current Motorola HD series bluetooth. They still let me hear some traffic if I keep the volume in check.
  • Jonny15121983
    bsty2oa2o01f.jpg

I'm not sure that NOT being able to hear an ambulance is a good thing!!
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I second the recommendation to not use noise cancelling earbuds if you're running outside.
    Traffic, loose dogs, domestic disputes, etc. are all things you want to be able to hear.

These guys are completely correct if you are active outside, thanks for picking up on my recommendation error there guys! If you do decide to buy noise cancelling earbuds so you can enjoy the quality in other situation, definitely just have one kept in a time for your safety :)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    plantronics backbeat are my favorite also!! love them. wear daily for weight training, running, etc.
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    I'm running in a park but there's definitely still some traffic. I'll have to check all these out. Thanks so much!!
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    I bought some yurbuds. Used them for the first time tonight. I'm not sure if this is part of allowing for ambient sounds to be heard or what but the sound was not good. Kind of like I was listening to the music through a tin can. :/