How much do y'all pay for your gym memberships?

Replies

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member

How does that work? I have them too. Are you sure it's not specific to your company and BC/BS? I wouldn't mind a bigger discount on my membership....

It is a partnership between Healthways and participating Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies. I went to blue365deals.com and registered. Go to the fitness category and click on the Healthways deal. That brings you to the Healthways website where you can find out what participating gyms are located by you, sign up, and print out your temporary membership card. It seems the price varies slightly according to the deal worked out by your BCBS and Healthways.

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I pay R200 a month for my gym membership.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    $30 a month for my y. Unlimited classes (there are over 20 a day), weight and cardio floor, track, pool, sauna, gym, free childminding and lots of other stuff. It's an awesome deal

This, only it's 41 at my Y.
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Dang, y'all go to expensive gyms. $22 a month (I go 5 or 6 times a week). $47 annual fee in February.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    $10/month but I'm grading to the $40 which allows me use of all the gyms in the area and all the classes
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Mine is 100 a month ....But I have the family plan.... so I have myself , my boyfriend and all 5 of our kids going ..... so it is really only like 14.29 per month ..... not bad
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    I go to a local gym with three locations called Northeast Health and Fitness, that has a really nice weight room that likes when people lift all the weights, and unlimited classes, plus basket ball leagues and things like that, and it is $22.99 a month, plus a $30.00 yearly fee, but after the $150.00 blue cross blue sheild reimbursement, and the fact that my work reimburses the rest it is free. But everyone should be checking with their health insurance, because most offer a reimbursement.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    $300/year
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Retro Fitness $20 a month and $60 annual fee. Can go to any branch in the country. I currently rotate between 4 different branches depending on what I need.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    28$ bi-weekly. So 56$ a month for access to all Goodlife Fitness Gyms in the province. This doesn't include towel service and supposedly this is a corporate rate. :/
  • vincema01
    vincema01 Posts: 153 Member
    2 memberships in 2 different cities,I pay 80 dollars (CAD).
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    £29 month, can use 3 locations, includes classes; £15 week for private Pilates reformer class; £55 month for
    Private bootcamp 3x week, this one usually free as I help set up & break down.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    I have one about 200 yards away from my London flat but it's over £80 per month - although it is very, very nice!
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Depends on what amenities you want, but here we have You Fit (jokingly called You Fat). There are always machines available in good shape and free weights available and 2 people cleaning on the floor at any given time. I have been able to negotiate trainer sessions at $25/per 1/2hr session purchased in bulk & I've been working with the same trainer for a year now (I would never just do lunges or planks on my own). I go for cardio 3 days a week and resistance training with the trainer 2 days per week. For the 1st year I gained muscle and endurance, but lost no weight until I started MFP. It is a testament to the fact that you cannot outrun your fork.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    LA fitness for $25/month.
    best thing about it is that there are a ton of locations in the twin cities. I've moved twice since I signed up and never had a gym further than 7 minutes away. Currently there's one 2 minutes from where I live.
    worst thing is that most close at midnight on weekdays but for whatever reason the one closest to me right now closes at 11pm.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    I use the gym at work that is, thankfully, free. I have a rec card that costs $10/yr, although the classes themselves are not included. I was doing Zumba for a while and it was ~$5 per class.

A few years ago I went to GetFitness and I don't recall it being too expensive - $20/mo or less?

Perhaps you could check with your local rec center (if you have one in your city) and see what they have available?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    My gym membership is paid for by my work. But if my husband wants to join, it's $500 a year.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    $270 a month for family (four of us) unlimited at our crossfit gym.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    70 dollars a month at Lifetime Fitness, but its a full gym, basketball courts, racquetball courts, fitness classes, 4 indoor swimming pools, outdoor swimming area, water slides, etc.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    fitness connection - $10/month, $20 yearly fee - lots of machines, lots of free weights, classes, lockers, dry saunas all included