INSANITY!!!!! SUPPORT THREAD FOR NEWBIES OF INSANITY!

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Sorry no posts, friends! I got sick Tuesday afternoon in through yesterday so no DVD workout yesterday. Decided to consider yesterday my off day and continue on with Cardio and Resistance today and then we will push Cardio recovery to Sunday which is usually when I am off. I guess that works.

It sure was hard to push through today, though, having been sick.

im glad u listened to your body and rested; good job on getting right back to it! i hope u feel better!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    I want to start doing this program the week of the 4th or I might have to pospone it till the week of the 11th since I want to do it with hubby. I want to convince him to do it with me, I saw a "sample" yesterday and he wasn't very gun ho about doing that. He said he was gonna die if he did that....lol.....I thing though, that he is willing to try it. How longdid it take you guys to see results? Or the scale move a little. My husband is 6'1 and weighs 220. He is big framed as well.
  • I am so glad i found this thread!! I too have Insanity and its super hard! My husband and i are planning on starting the DVD tonight/tomorrow, so i will let you all how i feel!! :-) On another note do you know how many calories the work outs burn?

Thanks!
  • McghanK
    I am so glad i found this thread!! I too have Insanity and its super hard! My husband and i are planning on starting the DVD tonight/tomorrow, so i will let you all how i feel!! :-) On another note do you know how many calories the work outs burn?

Thanks!

I don't but there is a formula in this thread that calculates something like that.
  • Thanks! i will have to search for that! :-)
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Hi everybody!

I have 2 workouts left in Month 1 of Insanity. It does get easier...way easier! Of course, I have heard that Recovery Week is just as intense as Month 1, and that Month 2 will have me laughing out loud at some of the things Shaun T. will expect me to do. I haven't skipped a day, and I've added running a few nights on each week as my HRM tells me I'm not burning as many calories as most seem to during Insanity. I average 300-400 calories burned per workout (excluding Fit Test & Recovery, of course). I have lost 13 lbs. in the 26 days I've been doing it. Just want you all to know that it's well worth it ,and if you haven't already you WILL grow to love it. Or at least become addicted to it anyway. Best of luck! :smile:
  • dietfree2012
    I want to start doing this program the week of the 4th or I might have to pospone it till the week of the 11th since I want to do it with hubby. I want to convince him to do it with me, I saw a "sample" yesterday and he wasn't very gun ho about doing that. He said he was gonna die if he did that....lol.....I thing though, that he is willing to try it. How longdid it take you guys to see results? Or the scale move a little. My husband is 6'1 and weighs 220. He is big framed as well.

i am doing insanity and eating around 1500-1650 calories a day...in mid week 2...losing about .02 pounds a day or a pound evey 5 days...so far 1.5 pounds...hope this helps~
  • dietfree2012
    I am so glad i found this thread!! I too have Insanity and its super hard! My husband and i are planning on starting the DVD tonight/tomorrow, so i will let you all how i feel!! :-) On another note do you know how many calories the work outs burn?

Thanks!

lol, this is a hard question...if you cirle back to the earlier portion of this thread there is a lot on this topic..hope this helps!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member

We had the discs about 6 weeks before I finally put my foot down and told my husband I was going to start it with or without him because I was ready! LOL! I gave him an ultimatum and said that if he is not ready to start, I will start and if he is ready in 30 days, I will start over with him, or if not for another 60 days, then I will finish the program and restart with him then. He started with me instead! It has been difficult for him because I had already been working out each morning and so he is taking is slow and listening to his body so he doesn't get hurt.

The good thing about the workout is that they don't expect you to do it at the same speed they do (in fact, they can't even do it all, you will see them have to drop out and rest!). You do each of the exercises at your own pace, break when you need to and aim to get better each time. So far, in the first couple of days my husband lost about 5 lbs immediately and I already see a difference in his body. I see a difference in my body but less so on the scale than just toning up, but this is a plateau breaker for me, or to really kickstart a change that my workouts have been slow to give me.

I usually burn around 500-600 calories per workout. I highly recommend a HRM that calculated calories burned and to monitor during the workouts so you don't run your heart rate up past its healthy limit.
  • dietfree2012
    :wink: plyo last night was killer!! happy holiday weekend insane people :wink:
  • phoenix1972
    phoenix1972 Posts: 14 Member
    That is so AWESOME...at 235, not going to join just yet..but keep ur eyes open for me in the Insanity future!! LOL Best Wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • Is anyone else's calves sore?
  • Nomi3
    Nomi3 Posts: 13 Member
    Brooke- my calves are killing me. But...it hasn't even been a week and I already see more definition in my calves so I'll take the soreness for now. I'm def not as sore as I was after the first couple of days.I have Pure Cardio today and I am simultaneously excited and dreading it. Good luck all, keep pushing!
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Hey Latoya

Have you been reaching your weight goals?
  • McghanK
    Holy Moly.....third day of insanity and I think I am INSANE for trying this. I ALWAYS end up wrenched in sweat. Some of the excecises are a little hard for me because of my knees. I have been drinking glucosamine and my regular regimen of Naproxen. Any other ideas? I am super excited though because I feel like that workout is really giving me a work out.....lol
  • kmihalik
    kmihalik Posts: 6 Member
    I'm glad I found this thread. I just started Insanity on July 4. I didn't find the Fit Test all that hard but perhaps I wasn't pushing myself hard enough. I already workout 6-days a week between running, step class and spin classes. I plan on keeping up with the running and spin classes in the mornings and doing Insanity in the afternoons.

The only thing I think that will slow me down a bit doing Insanity is that I'm 10 months out from shoulder surgery (torn labrum ligament and bicep tendon). Push-ups were never easy for me but now they're even harder. I really need to do them with my arms out wider than probably they should be.

I already had Spin class this morning and will do the 2nd Insanity DVD today. I was also doing week 1 of South Beach Diet last week but I know I need to up my calories and get some carbs once I started this workout.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Did the fit test yesterday, but I left my results at home, so I may update later, but does anyone have some results to share of their fit test? I think I could have done better if it would not have been a holiday and our anniversary this last weekend! But we are still on track and I'm back to drinking a lot of water and eating right!

BTW, we did the Pure Cardio and the Ab workout on Saturday!! I could not make it through the abs, they were insane!! But I tried each exercise and I hope I can do better when I have to do it again tomorrow!
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Looks like I found the perfect thread as I am right on track with you guys, 2nd day into my third week. I had heard prior to starting insanity that around the third week is when most people begin to lose motivation/quit. I must admit, within the first week or so i've seen a lot of changes to my body which have kind of remained static nearing the end of the 2nd week. Im beginning to find it hard to push through this week. One thing I read on the internet, which seemed to work for me, is that if you ever start to lose motivation - try to watch the INFOMERCIAL again haha. I rewatched some of the insanity commercials on youtube, also the asylum ones and that really did the trick for me. Unfortunately, today I feel a little tweak in my groin area, im pretty torn as to whether I should take 2 days off to rest or give it a good stretch and push through. Im afraid if I take a couple days break ill have a tough time getting back into it......bc ill definitely go to town on some fast food restaurants. (Plyo Cardio Circuit is also my favorite!)
  • dietfree2012
    im at 156.6 today..i have been. i was at 155 on the 4th which was my goal. my next mini goal is 148 by august 1st.
  • dietfree2012
    Looks like I found the perfect thread as I am right on track with you guys, 2nd day into my third week. I had heard prior to starting insanity that around the third week is when most people begin to lose motivation/quit. I must admit, within the first week or so i've seen a lot of changes to my body which have kind of remained static nearing the end of the 2nd week. Im beginning to find it hard to push through this week. One thing I read on the internet, which seemed to work for me, is that if you ever start to lose motivation - try to watch the INFOMERCIAL again haha. I rewatched some of the insanity commercials on youtube, also the asylum ones and that really did the trick for me. Unfortunately, today I feel a little tweak in my groin area, im pretty torn as to whether I should take 2 days off to rest or give it a good stretch and push through. Im afraid if I take a couple days break ill have a tough time getting back into it......bc ill definitely go to town on some fast food restaurants. (Plyo Cardio Circuit is also my favorite!)

so funny!! this is true!! third weeker here and motivation is definitely dwindling; trying to push through though; i have a big goal ahead :happy: glad to have another 3rd weeker..what about taking 1 day off?