How much do y'all pay for your gym memberships?

Replies

• jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    €60 per month for 3 45min classes
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    $99 a month for a family membership to the Y. Totally worth it, considering I can get into a Y wherever I travel.

Occasionally I'll need to get access to a gym when the Y isn't open and will pay anywhere from $5-$15 for a one-time pass.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Nothing :smile: My gym memberships are free through my health insurance.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    royboy969 wrote: »
    If you have Blue Cross / Blue Shield check into their wellness program. I pay $25 a month and it gets me into multiple gyms. The one I use the most is LA Fitness. I can go to any of them. This helps when I travel.
    I'm blue cross. Mine is $20. Perhaps it's based on location...

and I'm blue cross and I pay nothing per month.
  • annapage38
    annapage38 Posts: 110 Member
    £10 a month - 24 hour and free classes :
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    I pay $62/mo for a membership to the YMCA and that covers our entire family (me, the hubs, and our two girls). That gives us access to the pool, all classes, and the childcare center.
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Okay so what I'm seeing here is that most people have some kind of deal for being a student, having Obama Care, through their work, etc. Bummer, none of that would apply to me. I miss being in college and having a super nice facility for free.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Nothing...our local high school built a fitness center with donations a few years ago and it's now open 24/7 and free to anyone living in the school district. I live in a very small community. It has a variety of cardio equipment plus weight machines and free weights since it's used by the school sports teams for training as well. Just did my first workout with weights last night.
  • kaaaayla
    edited June 2016
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kaaaayla wrote: »
    Dang, y'all! I Googled gyms near me and checked prices on at least a dozen of them. There was literally not a single option less than $75/month. Is this a big city problem or what?

Are you in North America or Australia?

I'm in Texas. Apparently it's expensive here.
  • kaaaayla
    I was shocked to read in the OP that the Anytime Fitness facility close to you is $250/mo. I have an AF membership and including tax is about $46/mo. Granted though, mine doesn't have a pool and such but it has a good amount of equipment and I love being able to go ANY TIME

Yeah, this one markets itself as being a "premier club", aka very upscale and overpriced.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    $75/month for a family membership. That includes unlimited use of our 24/7 gym, plus 6 smaller "express" gyms throughout the city for my husband and me. 2.5 hours of childcare a day included, all group classes included, sauna, steam room, pool, jacuzzi, resistance pool and more squat racks than I've ever seen in any gym, ever. It's huge - never a wait for equipment. And my health insurance reimburses 25% of the cost each month as long as both my husband and me go 10x each. Pretty good deal for our area.

Your prices seem outrageous, OP! Where do you live? Even when I lived in Los Angeles, I had a membership to a 24-Hour Fitness for $28/month!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Anytime Fitness for $20 a month, no live classes, but virtual classes whenever I want. Another community center gym for $30 a month that I joined mainly for the pool. I was paying daily visit fees and if I go once a week, it was cheaper to just join. $50 total for the month and I go 6X a week usually.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Okay so what I'm seeing here is that most people have some kind of deal for being a student, having Obama Care, through their work, etc. Bummer, none of that would apply to me. I miss being in college and having a super nice facility for free.

"Obama Care"? Must have missed anyone mentioning that. Also must have missed the subsidized gym membership section when I read the ACA. :D

No Obama care discounts, work discounts, student discounts, I pay $34/month, plus $10 for unlimited group classes. Gym has tons of equipment, really nice locker rooms, classes, and a pool.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    $65 ($20 discount from health insurance due to 12 visits a month) at Lifetime Fitness (classes/dry/wet sauna/ pools / outside cabana, spa / cafe / etc. - upscale club in TX)
  • rachellech
    Also have a gym membership at work for $15/month and that includes classes / equipment / showers, but only open during office hours.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Dang, y'all! I Googled gyms near me and checked prices on at least a dozen of them. There was literally not a single option less than $75/month. Is this a big city problem or what?

Are you in North America or Australia?

I'm in Texas. Apparently it's expensive here.

My son was in Austin for a while. $30 a month got him in all the Golds Gyms in town.
  • rachellech
    True Packerjohn. I'm in Austin and we do have a great deals here...we are lucky.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2016
    I pay 67$/ month plus a 100$ yearly fee (and I want to say it was 200$ to sign up) for my membership, the gym is smallish but has good class selection. I pretty much go for the classes. It is a chain so I could add additional locations (most of which are bigger and have more amenities, like pool) for an additional fee but I wouldn't go enough to make it worth it. I could find cheaper gyms, or nicer gyms for a little bit more but this one is within walking distance of my apartment so that's why I stick with it :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i pay 100 for two of us. it includes a 24hr gym. there is more than one location. 2 pools, hot tub, sauna. big machine and weight area. two multipurpose rooms, to gyms, lots of different classes.-at least the one i go to. plus 20 dollars for unlimited tanning. and there are masseuses. great trainers all over. you get two free meetings with a trainer too. and everyone there is very nice
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    $42/month, classes included