Fave oatmeal mix-ins?

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    annem6806 wrote: »
    I use all types of add-ins. After all, "variety is the spice of life!". Some of my favs: plain Kefir with ground flax seeds, frozen unsweetened blueberries or black cherries, and cinnamon. YUM! I just read about a restaurant in NYC that specializes in all types of oatmeal flavors. Some of the owners versions are savory rather than sweet. One I think I would consider trying was avocado with a fried egg, and Sriracha. Spicy and healthy too. Haven't done it yet, but maybe during the fall when spicy food coupled with comfort food (oatmeal) makes the cold weather seem a little warmer!

I love avocado with an egg baked in the middle and a few drops of sriracha. Going to give it a try mixed into oatmeal.

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Straight Butter and a pinch of salt.

Or just salted butter.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    kuftae wrote: »
    Straight Butter and a pinch of salt.

Or just salted butter.

That sounds really good! I do love butter!
  • Emijanine
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    It's not healthy but, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Haha.

I would do this and add a little PB! Yum!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    I have birthday cake whey protein that I stir in and I use a variety of nut butters (salted caramel/white chocolate/snickerdoodle) and fruit :smile:
  • Emijanine
    I have birthday cake whey protein that I stir in and I use a variety of nut butters (salted caramel/white chocolate/snickerdoodle) and fruit :smile:

Oh my. That sounds divine!
  • chriskalen
    chriskalen Posts: 7 Member
    PB powder (or real peanut butter) plus sugar-free chocolate syrup! Dessert for breakfast!
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    I love cutting up an apple and adding cinnamon. Yum!
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Frozen peaches and blueberries are great together in plain oatmeal with a little honey. Also, PB + honey + banana is a favorite! Dried cherries + walnuts or pecans is a yummy combo too.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Pumpkin ,maple syrup and a bit of pumpkin pie spice..sometimes mini chocolate chips if i have the calories.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    cranberries and pecans
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    My favorite oats contain cream cheese (for creaminess), cinnamon, egg whites (for volume, no taste if made correctly), PEScience protein powder, blueberries, shredded coconut, and coconut peanut butter spread out on top, NOT mixed in, so you can taste it in every bite. I've eaten this a million times and never get sick of it. I could eat it every single day.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Cook in water with a tablespoon of soy sauce and add a squirt or more of Sirachi. Top with a fried egg and 15 grams of cashews, maybe a little more Sirachi
  • Emijanine
    ktekc wrote: »
    Pumpkin ,maple syrup and a bit of pumpkin pie spice..sometimes mini chocolate chips if i have the calories.

This sounds fabulous!
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member

Which birthday cake protein do you use? I got the MyProtein one recently and it's really REALLY bland...!
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    I usually do 1/2 c egg whites with 1 over easy egg s&p. Get in my carbs/protein and feel satisfied for couple hours
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Butter, maple syrup and roasted sunflower seeds...
  • Emijanine
    J72FIT wrote: »

Sounds great! Do you use grassfed butter?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Emijanine wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

Sounds great! Do you use grassfed butter?

Kerry gold...
  • Emijanine
    jgnatca wrote: »
    This week it's powdered coconut milk added to the oatmeal as it's cooking. It comes out extra creamy. I am adding raisins, vanilla yogurt and raw sunflower seeds. That's this week.

Where do I get powdered coconut milk? This sounds intriguing!