I survived McDonalds today! Yay!

gustergirl
gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
My kids are off so they really wanted to go to the Playland so I looked up the info ahead of time. Plus I packed my water and a sugar free jello. I got the grilled snack wrap and only ate 10 of my daughters fries!! I also took my inspiration journal too which was a first for me! I am soooo happy-one little step!! :) What did you survive today? ;)

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    My kids are off so they really wanted to go to the Playland so I looked up the info ahead of time. Plus I packed my water and a sugar free jello. I got the grilled snack wrap and only ate 10 of my daughters fries!! I also took my inspiration journal too which was a first for me! I am soooo happy-one little step!! :) What did you survive today? ;)
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    yay!

i survived girl scout cookies. I bought a box but only had 1 cookie and put the rest away.:laugh:
  • Great job(fast food can be a tough one to resist)

I survived the 5 extra minutes I committed to adding to my cardio this week...I did 35 minutes on the eliptical at the gym!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    WTG! My family ate at Arbys last week, I was thinking it was a little healthier and I didn't put the calories in before I went. Boy, oh boy was that a surprise when I entered the data. OUCH!

Good job!
  • GAB2008
    GAB2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Wow! You're amazing! I just stay clear of McDonalds because I KNOW I won't be able to resisit. Today I survived the temptation of delicious, syrupy frech toast. It was difficult, i know, but I feel better about myself in the end. Again, great job!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Good job! When I go to McD I get the Big & Tasty and take off the top bun, the one with all the mayo and ketchup. There's enough mayo and ketchup on the sandwich, but not nearly as much as it starts out with. I eat it with a knife and fork and a side salad and it's tasty!

I survived getting up this a.m. and working out. REALLY didn't want to get out of bed!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    WTG....that is awesome! I didn't necessarily "survive" anything today, but I ate leftovers (that is HUGE for me!!!).
  • We went to Chilis today and rather than having fries and a burger and all that bad stuff, I had a grilled chicken sandwhich with black beans and veggies. It was hard but I went ahead of time prepared!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Probably my favorite McDonald trick is order one happy meal and an extra cheeseburger. Son will eat most of the cheeseburger, maybe 10 french fries and his own milk I bring. I get the drink which is usually diet coke, the hamburger and the rest of the fries. So I get the "bad" stuff like a burger and fries, but can keep it under 500 calories.
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    I survived McDonalds today, too! Good for you! I really, really wanted a small french fry - I almost talked myself into it, too! My daughter wanted one of those little dogs from Hotel For Dogs which comes in the Happy meals nowadays. And she had a giftcard from Christmas and was off school today, so I thought "what the heck." (I usually stay away, too!)

But I didn't get anything and I came home and made myself an egg-white omlet with low-fat mozzarella and a little canadian bacon. Yum.

And I didn't die!!:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!