do these burned cals count??

Options
i burned 1001 cals yesterday in preperation for my reward day today. i did walk to church and burned 175 cals today but do the cals i burned yesterday count for today at all?? i am super sore today. my weekly burned cals goal is 1400, i burned 2998 this week.

Replies

• bricker06
    Options
    i burned 1001 cals yesterday in preperation for my reward day today. i did walk to church and burned 175 cals today but do the cals i burned yesterday count for today at all?? i am super sore today. my weekly burned cals goal is 1400, i burned 2998 this week.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Calories aren't really like rollover minutes...you're using dietary calories and calories from blood sugar and body fat simultaneously, all day. Those won't really put you in an extra deficit today, and there's no making up for what you eat or don't eat. Digestion takes hours, and nutrients are all being shuttled around constantly. It's hard to even objectify calories because they aren't 'things', they are just a measurement of energy.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree with songbird but at the same time, if you have a day that's somewhat over you can counteract that by burning some extra calories in the days after. Just like our 500 a day calorie deficit adds up to a pound lost after a week you will see the extra working out adding up as well.

I planned on going over my calories on Sunday for the Superbowl and part of that plan was to add some extra time in my workouts over the week and not consume those extra calorie.
  • lshutt
    lshutt Posts: 11
    Options
    bricker06..how do you burn so many calories. My family and i joined a gym and yesterday was our first day so I'm not sure what all I should be doing at the gym...any suggestions?
  • bricker06
    Options
    i did 3 30 min cardio dvds and 30 mins on the treadmill. a full 2 hours. 2 of the videos are a lower impact cardio. i dont go to a gym but i hope this helps