60-70 goal over 2 years till wedding!

Options
Hello! My wedding is in 2018. I have 2 years to get to my goal weight of 135! I'm 5 foot 3 inches. I've never really ate heathy or watched my intake so any advise and help would be amaxing! With 3 kids it's hard to find time and energy to work on myself.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Log in, enter your details, get your calorie number, log you food, take a walk (or two, or more) you have the time. Do you have the desire? With three kids you have the time to log in your meals, it takes seconds. Preparing meals that fit your caloric goals takes no more time than any other meals. There are lots of ways to increase your steps without an increase in the time needed. Shun the elevator, one flight up, stairs, two flights down, stairs. At the market, park farther from the door; at the mall, ditto. Kids doing home work? Take a walk around the block. Take the kids to the park, walk around with them, or alone while they're playing.

Be creative, you got this. 60/70 pounds in two years. It is doable.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I agree--it doesn't really take time, it just takes determination. You don't have to eat special, time-consuming food. Eat what you normally eat, if you like, but less of it--that saves time, by the way. It's nice that you're starting so early. If this is what you really want, and you shave a bit off your weight every month from now on, you're golden. Use MFP to pick a calorie goal, see how it works, and adjust it downward whenever you go a week or so without losing. Eventually you'll find the level that works; after that it just calls for patience.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Two years?? You could do it in one, easy. Lose 1 and 1/3 lbs a week, and at the end of one year you'll weigh 69 lbs less. A serious concern is that if your weight loss is too gradual, say 2-3 lbs a month, it's not very motivating and you risk losing steam.

1 lb of fat is roughly 3400 calories
    To lose 1 1/3 lbs a week tou'd need to create a deficit of ~650 a day
    20 minutes/day on an elliptical will average you ~230 calories lost; 30 minutes would be ~350
    That leaves you with only 300-420 calories per day that you need to cut out of your diet. That's equivalent to a couple cans of soda and one serving of full-fat salad dressing...