New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Hi @slimshady2017
    I'm from the UK too

Oh dear . Where did the rest of my post go?
  • empressichel
    Hi Dana @Badger_Girl99
    Glad you are here. I know you'll get lots of support, let us know if you need anything.
    ~Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    WM1908 wrote: »
    Hello! My name is Wendy. I am 38 and tired of the yo yo diet thing. None of it has worked long term and I am at the stage of the game where I just want to be healthy. I want to eat real food and move my butt for the good of my future. EM2WL seems like the way to go about that! Feel free to friend me. I could always use like minded friends!

Hi Wendy! So glad you are here! I'll send you a FR.
    It might be worth you looking through this as you said you've come from yo yo dieting
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/

And also this:
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/

And that's more than enough to be starting with!
    Please know we are all here to support you along every step.
    Looking forward to hear how you get on.
    ~Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and Moderator

• empressichel
    @slimshady2017
    Let me try again!
    Can't wait to see how you get on. And yes for 'non diet' foods! I enjoy all my favourites, in moderation of course, no diet anything in my house.
    That's why EM2WL is such a great lifestyle. It's about living the rest of your life not just following a diet for a set amount of time.
    And I may have said, a couple of times now, I'm from the UK too :)
    ~Ichel
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Hello @kblairham , welcome back!
    Being healthier, happier and stronger to enjoy life with my kids and to give them a positive example has always been one of my goals. Having the support pf friends who understand you and know what you are going through make a huge difference. You can definitely count on us. I'm sending you a fr so you can check my diary. This is not a quick fix, but rather a lifestyle that you can stick with without being deprived.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Hi All,
    I used to be part of this group years ago under a different MFP name and had great success. I am 5'2" and 156lbs and my goal is to lose 25lbs.

I've been this weight for the past three years. How I got to this weight was eating 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day! So cutting down to 1,200 just doesn't make sense. :/ I think starting a cut of 2,000 calories makes more sense and then gradually lower my calories down. I workout about 5 days a week with Jillian Michaels dvds. I would love some new pals! Feel free to add me. :)
  • empressichel
    Hi @kblairham
    I have sent a FR through to you. Community here is great!
    ~Ichel
  • empressichel
    Hi @Toneitup_jess
    Glad to see you here! I will send you a FR.
    Yeah, once you have been eating over 2000 calories for a sustained amount of time, 1200 just does not look appealing!
    Your suggested cut number looks pretty spot on to me.
    For any others that need the information, you can put in your stats here;
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    Good to see you back and please keep us updated with your cut progress.
    ~Ichel
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Welcome back @Toneitup_jess
    Yup, hard to look at 1200 cals the same way again after eating much higher! As Ichel said, check against the EM2WL calculator just to make sure your cut isnt too low. If you were eating upwards of the 3000 cals most of the time, then a cut to 2000 might be too much. Otherwise, keep us posted on your cut!
    Kelly
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Hi @Raynn1 I just plugged in my numbers and a 15% cut would be 1,947 calories and a 10% cut would be 2,062 calories. I seem to be on the right track. Thank you ladies for the welcome!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    The tought of eating anything below 2000 makes me want to cry! 2000 could be right or may be too much of a deficit depending on your TDEE. Checking the calculator suggested by Ichel and Kelly is an excellent idea. It's always better to start a cut eating more because if you don't see results after a while out can always cut a little more, you have room to readjust the calories. Sent you a Fr.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • kblairham
    kblairham Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks!!
  • Raynn1
    Hi @Raynn1 I just plugged in my numbers and a 15% cut would be 1,947 calories and a 10% cut would be 2,062 calories. I seem to be on the right track. Thank you ladies for the welcome!

Perfect. Start with the 10% cut at 2000 first and see how it goes.. you can always lower if needed, not so easy to increase back up again:) And you may find once you decrease, you miss those cals!!:)
    Kelly
    Em2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • Zerbiak
    Zerbiak Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Everyone, my name is Warren. Currently on a reverse diet to try ascertain what my personal maintenance calories are. Been ongoing for a few weeks and just hit 2230cals this week.

End goal is to sit at a comfortable maintenance and then apply a IIFYM strategy for the long term always ensuring that I remain the same without the crazy Yo-Yo I've experienced most of my life.
  • texgal927
    texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
    Ok read and still don't understand the Metabolic reset instead of a cut are you suppose to say maintain
    Dawna
    texgal927@yahoo.com
  • Raynn1
    Zerbiak wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, my name is Warren. Currently on a reverse diet to try ascertain what my personal maintenance calories are. Been ongoing for a few weeks and just hit 2230cals this week.

End goal is to sit at a comfortable maintenance and then apply a IIFYM strategy for the long term always ensuring that I remain the same without the crazy Yo-Yo I've experienced most of my life.

Welcome Warren! Sounds like you are in a good space mentally and are ready to find TDEE and work from there! Getting off the yoyo is a huge deal! Keep up posted how things go for you!

Kelly
  • Raynn1
    texgal927 wrote: »
    Ok read and still don't understand the Metabolic reset instead of a cut are you suppose to say maintain
    Dawna
    texgal927@yahoo.com

Hey Dawna!

Maybe reading our FAQ might help?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/

Or you can try our free quick start guide to help your navigation
    http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/

Metabolic Reset is eating at your Maintenance calories (TDEE) for a period of time to "heal" your broken metabolism. If your background in dieting was low cal, restrictive eating, high cardio etc, we do recommend a Metabolic Reset. However for now, Id say start with reading the guides above, and we can help you out as you go.
    Welcome to the group!

Kelly
  • empressichel
    Zerbiak wrote: »

Hi Warren
    Welcome to the group! That's great on increasing your calories, what is your TDEE calorie goal?
    Please keep us updated here!
    ~Ichel
  • esimonton1109
    esimonton1109 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone, my name is Emily. I am new to this group. I am trying so hard to lose weight but I get so frustrated that I usually go back to old habits. I am trying really hard not to do that this time. I need some support. I usually do good during the week but then mess up on the weekends. Don't know how to break this cycle.

I hope to learn a lot from this group.