Favorite "Daily Burn" exercise??

I just started the 30 day trial for daily burn. Looking for some great fat burning exercises! What are some of your favs?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no fast fat burning exercise. The calorie burn for sport is generally way overestimated and real weight loss happens in the kitchen. Looking at the promotional video I'd be surprised if those exercises burned 150kcal for me (125lbs). It's nice for getting healthier though.
  • Parenti316
    Parenti316 Posts: 9 Member
    I understand that diet is more important for losing weight but I need to make myself more active as well. I have two small kids and am looking for something to keep me active during nap time. Just looking for some suggestions for that. If I can find one that gets my sweat going, I will feel better about myself and tend to make better decisions in the kitchen.
  • yirara
    That's a very good reason to work out :smile: As this programme is fairly expensive and doesn't add more coaching than youtube videos, you might want to search there or on fitness blender for free workouts. There's some nice stuff out there. Just don't expect any major burns.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no fast fat burning exercise. The calorie burn for sport is generally way overestimated and real weight loss happens in the kitchen. Looking at the promotional video I'd be surprised if those exercises burned 150kcal for me (125lbs). It's nice for getting healthier though.

That's a pretty substantial message to completely disregard her question. Bravo..

If you are looking for a high burn over nap time, I'd go HIIT or Tabatta. Very difficult to calculate but if you add a couple days a week you should see some weight loss alongside your deficit.
  • Parenti316
    Thanks for some actual suggestions! I will check them out. I'm trying to avoid the nap time slump where I sit on the couch and watch tv! Might as well get my exercise on!
  • yirara
    yirara wrote: »

That's a pretty substantial message to completely disregard her question. Bravo..

If you are looking for a high burn over nap time, I'd go HIIT or Tabatta. Very difficult to calculate but if you add a couple days a week you should see some weight loss alongside your deficit.

True, but how often do people post here expecting a huge burn? The whole HIIT or Tabata thing you mention is not something most people are able to do. Please do read the studies associated with this. HIIT is not doing a couple of pushups, then doing a couple of body weight squats, then a few lunges, then a few core exercises. HIIT really is giving everything until you're close to puking ("The high intensity exercise should be done at near maximum intensity"), and most people are not able to do that. The calorie burn I mention above is for interval exercises, which I think you are referring to.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    You can put together a short but effective workout using light dumbbells and doing lots of reps. I have one that I do sometimes. I do 2 x 1 minute sets (with a minute in between) of various dumbbell exercises e.g.
    - dumbbell squat
    - dumbbell chop
    - lateral raise
    - floor press
    - hammer curl

With lightweight dumbbells you can get your heart rate up by doing lots of reps quickly. At the start you're thinking "these dumbbells are too light" but by the end you're thinking "1 minute is a very long time!".
  • Parenti316
    Ok I'm just looking for a few suggestions for different workouts so I don't get bored. Can we please stick to that? I got your point. I just need something to occupy my time for naps. Thank you for your input, but if you don't have any workout suggestions please refrain from commenting.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Have you looked on YouTube? There are tons of great videos that can really get you moving!
  • cmcostello23
    cmcostello23 Posts: 23 Member
    Hello!
    I love daily burn. I have been using it for 4 years or so. There have been times I've used it a lot and then times I didn't use it very often (training for a full marathon). My favorite is Inferno, its high intensity and most workouts are 30-50 min so its intense but for a short amount of time. The yoga workouts (Yoga made easy and Yoga) are amazing and I really enjoy them. The other good programs are Inferno HR (great if you have a heart rate monitor), TBT (great bc doesn't require any weights) and black fire (awesome with 30-40 min routines with many different variations). It is expensive at $16 per month but it works great for me. There are a ton of options and the trainers really inspire me. I would recommend trying a workout from each program to see what you like best and then go with your favorite program. Or what I do now is just pick a workout based on what I feel that day and the time I have available. Another good place for workouts is beachbody on demand. I love insanity and P90X so that worked well for me too.

Goodluck!!
  • Parenti316
    Thank you! This is great information! I know it's expensive, but I need something that will keep me motivated! I can't do the same DVD over and over again. I did the yoga yesterday and enjoyed it and I think I'm going to try inferno today. Thanks for all the info!