VLCD

Options
anyone else doing this? Friend me.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    As in "very low calorie diet"?

I sure hope you're under the direct care of a trained medical professional who's monitoring your weight and health markers. VLCDs can cause life-long health issues, especially if you're not extremely obese.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Easy on the flags. This could mean very low carb diet.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Not with that username. A butterfly is a pro-anorexia term
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Butterflywasted is definitely a pro ana user name.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Easy on the flags. This could mean very low carb diet.

VLCD is very low calorie diet
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How low? Which program? Are you medically monitored?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    anyone else doing this? Friend me.

No. And no.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

MyFitnessPal Moderator

PsuLemon
This discussion has been closed.