Losing weight but not clothing sizes.

Ok back story.

October 2015 I was 320ish, my pants fit fine, then we moved cross country. Over the winter I dealt with some sever depression, and didn't do jack squat (I'm a stay at home Dad) I put on a large amount of weight. On May 15th (one of the first times I left the house in weeks if not a couple months) I realized I had only one pair of pants that fit.

Since then I have dropped 12-14 pounds (yay) I feel better (mentally and physically) but I still can't fit in my pants, they don't even seem to be any closer to fitting.

Has anyone else experienced this? yes I am still larger then when we moved, but I at least expected the pants to be closer to fitting, it seems like I am losing more mass in my face (it feels less padded, and my double chin seems smaller) but the belly/hip/butt area doesn't seem to be shrinking at all.

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Keep going, it will happen. When we are larger, it take losing more pounds to start seeing a change in how clothes fit. Don't get discouraged.. keep at it and you'll soon start seeing the results more.
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    i have lost 35 lbs icurrently wear size 56 waist pants i can fit the 54 waist pants but there are not as lose around the crotch area and seating areas as i would like as my stomach fat is hanging lower bellow the the belly button areas, kinda like my belly is defalting, lol
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    error meant deflating
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    First of all, congratulations on your 14-pound loss! Especially if you're also dealing with depression, make sure to take the time to acknowledge that, because it's a great first step.

It's frustrating as hell, but your body is going to pull fat from wherever it darn well pleases, and you have no control over where it comes from. It will eventually start coming off of your waist/hips, so just be patient and give it some time. I actually think it's a plus that it's coming off of your face first, because that's really where people will notice a change. Nobody is going to say "your waist looks like it's an inch smaller than the last time I saw you," but they will notice when your jawline starts slimming down.
  • firead
    firead Posts: 56 Member
    The larger you are, the more weight you sometimes have to lose before you actually change sizes.
    I'm down about 30 pounds now & my jeans fit looser, but still the same size.

If you're like me, you may have gotten used to wearing them small/tight as you gained, so it'll take a bit longer to get where they really fit first(no "muffin top" or tightness), then drop down to a lower size.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    firead wrote: »
    The larger you are, the more weight you sometimes have to lose before you actually change sizes.
    I'm down about 30 pounds now & my jeans fit looser, but still the same size.

If you're like me, you may have gotten used to wearing them small/tight as you gained, so it'll take a bit longer to get where they really fit first(no "muffin top" or tightness), then drop down to a lower size.

I've also lost 30 pounds and am still in the same pant size.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I figure if I'll just hang then jeans on the wall and and use them as motivation. Or as a next goal. Keep up the hard work! You're doing AMAZING