1000+ calories left at night

Sometimes i find myself left with 1100 calories left at night?

Do i eat big at night just to meet the calories?

Please advise.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    For some people, eating late at night can cause acid reflux or problems sleeping. For the rest of us it's not a problem, though. I'd consider upping your calories through the day so you don't run into this problem all the time, but if you have the calories for a late-night snack and it doesn't cause you any problems then go for it.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Consider pre logging and setting an alarm to remind yourself to eat
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I intentionally leave the bulk of my calories for after work. During work I do not need a lot of food. I save calories to have my snacks after dinner.
  • AmandaClaireG
    AmandaClaireG Posts: 9 Member
    Maybe a smoothie would help, because it's drinkable it would be easy to do. Add whey protein or similar, peanut butter, full fat milk, etc etc. I would also up the calories in each meal, maybe add some cheese to get those extra calories. Every now and then maybe a treat that you wouldn't usually eat. Of course these are just suggestions
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    You don't have to eat all of them. Maybe you could just have a small meal, like 400-500 calories. Or just eat a little more tomorrow, or later in the week.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2016
    I looked at your diary, and it looks like you are going over some days and having calories left over on others. I think overall it looks like you are doing pretty good. Maybe try to focus on planning to eat at specific times and rationing your calories in advance. Pre logging what you will be eating helps get an idea of what the day is going to look like, so you know how many extra calories you have to play with in advance.
  • sirk3n
    sirk3n Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you all!!!! I appreciate all the responses, definitely gave me a clear picture of it
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Seems like a lot to have left over. 1100 is how much some people eat in total.

Are you weighing your food and logging accurately.

How are you logging exercise, could you be over estimating there?

May I recommend peanut butter, high calories low volume, a small bit of peanut butter on toast will eat into those excess calories with out forcing you to eat a lot of food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    how much are you eating/exercising if you have 1100 left?!
  • sirk3n

About 1782 calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sirk3n wrote: »

About 1782 calories

Can you clarify, is your calorie goal is 1782 and you're left with 1100, or....???
  • sirk3n
    Calorie goal is 1782... A few nights ago i was left with 1100 to eat for dinner.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Calorie goal is 1782... A few nights ago i was left with 1100 to eat for dinner.

Does that mean you ate 682 for the day? Did that include exercise calories? Were you hungry? I have a few days here and there where I eat less, just because I'm not as hungry.

In general, your daily calorie goal in MFP has your deficit built in. You want to stick to it, or close, to make sure you're getting adequate nutrition. But everyone has days where they are over or under. If it's really intermittent, it's not a big deal and will average out over time.

Good luck! :smiley:
  • sirk3n
    From now on, ill make sure ill eat the most during the day so at night i wont be left with a huge number of calories.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member

Please advise.

I just glanced at your diary for the last week. You never had that amount left and most days you are actually overeating. Are you reading something wrong or am I?
  • sirk3n
    Im new here still trying to solidify my diet. I experienced it a few days ago where i had that much calories left so i had to asked.

Anyway, next week my food intake should be pretty solid as i think i have all figured it out.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member

Please advise.

I just glanced at your diary for the last week. You never had that amount left and most days you are actually overeating. Are you reading something wrong or am I?

If I'm understanding, OP doesn't mean he has 1100 calories left AFTER dinner, but that's how much he has left FOR dinner. And actually, that's close to my GOAL when I'm following my plan. (Don't go looking at my diary... lately I'm eating like crap and barely staying within my calories most days.) My daily goal is 1450. I like to eat about 350 calories for breakfast (that's bacon, eggs, grits, and coffee), 350 for lunch (usually chicken breast, chicken salad, or tuna salad), get about 250 calories for exercise (that's only like 6k steps), which leaves me with 1000 calories for dinner. I just prefer to eat my biggest meal in the evening.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member

Please advise.

I would say "whoo hoo" and eat a bowl of ice cream, but I'm in maintainence.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    I have days where I don't eat much at work and eat 900-1000 for dinner. It hasn't seemed to be a problem for me.