Reasons to loose weight

13»

Replies

• Archercc
    Archercc Posts: 37 Member
    My reason is that at 32 I went to go out with my wife and daughter back in mid-May and realized I only owned 1 pair of jeans that fit. When we moved last October i had 6 pairs that fit. I decided at that moment I was (finally) ready to do something about my size.

Most people didn't realize how much I weighted because I am 6'4" and broad shouldered so I carry my weight well, but at 342 (on May 15th) I knew it was time for a change.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    So many reasons, but improving physical appearance (and gaining some semblance of self-confidence) is huge. Not getting overlooked while job hunting because normal-weight individuals are sometimes deemed more competent. Not looking sloppy in clothes. Reducing cosmetic symptoms of PCOS.

As for dating - the pool of men who showed interest in me was growing exponentially with every ten pounds I lost (I didn't write out an equation or anything, but you know, it seemed pretty obvious).

I also had a number tell me they were fine with overweight women, but wanted evidence that they were actively improving themselves. Not in a "drop a bunch of weight and fit societal standards of hotness" way, but more along the lines of making sure they're getting sufficient physical activity, can participate in whatever comes up, and not spiraling out of control.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm genuinely just curious to experience how it feels to be 120 lbs. The last time I weighed that little I was in 5th grade and still growing (5ft at the time and rocketed all the way to 5ft3in).
    And of course; I want to look slammin' >:)
  • Honelia
    Honelia Posts: 1 Member
    Im need to lose baby weight from having my son because of serious medical issues and i would like to do more with him then im doing now.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    I wanted to lose weight for aesthetics at first. I have a bodybuilding background and I want to get back into it. I have thought about getting into men's figure, but it's difficult for me to get with because it's guys in shorts that look like they should be at the beach. I have good bones, I believe I could win a few competitions.

Then I had a son and runs circles around my wife. She won't be able to chase him if he takes off. He will have speed like or better than his father and I ran track, so I have to get in shape or else he's gonna' be running circles around daddy....and daddy can't have that! Also, I want to be there to see my grandchildren. My dad missed out on this. he died before my son was born and I want to do what I can to scratch health off of the list (if possible).

So it started out as looks and potential competitions to wanting to running with my children.