Ladies who Lift and Beauties who Beast

I'm a weight lifting wife and mom looking for fellow females who love to lift! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Hey! I'm not a wife or mom... But I do love to lift!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    I love to lift, 80 mins 3 days a week & cardio 2-3 days a week.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    I <3 lifting!
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Love to lift!
    Lift, sleep, eat, repeat!
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    I would love to get into lifting...I don't know where to start though. Any pointers?
  • AnnaK812
    AnnaK812 Posts: 48 Member
    ladyj22 wrote: »
    I would love to get into lifting...I don't know where to start though. Any pointers?

The best way to start is to dive in! I would start by chatting with someone who works at your gym just to get ideas of exercises and how to set up a lifting schedule. It takes awhile to figure out what's best for your body, everyone is different!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    ladyj22 wrote: »

Take a few sessions with a personal trainer at your gym. (If you don't belong to a gym, join one.)

Also read The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess which was available through my library system, so perhaps yours as well.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    I wish I had done this years ago. Now that my kids can take care of themselves I'm taking care of me and lifting is something I am really enjoying.