Best yogurt brand...not Greek

Options
What brand of yogurt do you eat, that's NOT Greek!? I typically get Dannon vanilla Light & Fit, but I'm wondering if there is a better choice.
PS- I HATE Greek yogurt. It tastes like I'm eating a spoonful of sour cream to me, no matter how hard I try to like it.

Replies

• billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm no fan of Greek either. Weird because it seems to be so popular right now. I prefer Yoplait myself. They say to use plain and add your own fruit cause if they add it there seems to be allot of sugar with it. I don't think Yoplait has a plan tho which is unfortunate. I usually just get their "light".
  • ylsportsmom
    ylsportsmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the Dannon light & fit also. Can stand the greek yogurt either. Can understand why it's so popular.
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like Yoplait. When I lived on the East Coast, there was another brand that was even better than Yoplait, but I can't remember the name of it (moved away 3/15/2007). If I think of it, I'll post it here.

The flavors I like are strawberry, peach, mixed berry, blueberry... I'm not into the cakes and weird flavors, unless I need a really sweet dessert. Then I may go for key lime (very refreshing).
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Homemade yogurt is a breeze...I don't know if you've tried it. Here's a recipe that I use frequently. Although we no longer consume cow's milk...we use cashew or almond milk now, however the recipe is the same.

Crockpot Yogurt:

http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4269&hilit=yogurt
  • texasfam4
    Options
    Thanks! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't on the Greek yogurt wagon! Haha
  • heziemoore296
    heziemoore296 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I needed to use a plain Greek Yogurt in a recipe and didn't need the whole container. With the leftover (about 1/2 cup) a day I would throw in fresh fruit /frozen fruit and teasopoon of pure maple syrup. Another option is a teaspoon of honey..If you use a blender or magic bullet you can whip it as thin as you like....
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link to the homemade yogurt, my son has been after me for months to make it from scratch
  • HappyBodyandMind
    HappyBodyandMind Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Dannon's "Activia" yogurt. Also, I'm not a fan of plain Greek yogurt either; however, adding fresh fruit or a teaspoon of honey, seriously, makes it taste better.
  • got2be160
    got2be160 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Astro - Maple yogurt
  • pattymelka
    pattymelka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Danon Light & Fit. It has sucralose in it. I really try to stay away from artificial sweeteners.
  • nkill24
    nkill24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maple Hill Creamery blueberry yogurt is good. It's organic from grass fed cows. It does take a little getting used to because it is not sweet like the other yogurts but it doesn't have all the artificial sweetners or other things they do.
  • NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big yogurt fan until recently... I found Traders Point Creamery Yogurt. It's ridiculously delicious! It tastes like cream. They sell it at Whole Foods. As a bonus, I like that it comes in mini glass containers that I can later on use to store dressings and sauces I make at home. ;)

It's "European style" yogurt. Here's an excerpt from their website:

"The grassfed whole milk we use is non-homogenized, producing a rich and creamy yogurt while ensuring that the naturally-occurring enzymes, beneficial bacteria, and nutrients remain intact and readily usable by our bodies. We use a six-strain blend of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species that are praised for their ability to promote healthy digestion by breaking down lactose and overcoming undesirable bacteria in your gut. Our slow and gentle culturing process ensures that these probiotics are at their liveliest and most potent in every single bottle of our yogurt. No stabilizers. No artificial ingredients. Sweetened with organic fruit purées and a small amount of organic evaporated cane juice."
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My favorite way to eat yogurt is plain with a tsp or two of my favorite jam (usually raspberry or black cherry), a couple tbs of pumpkin seed granola and 1/4 cup of defrosted frozen berries. So yummy. I'm the opposite though. Love the greek. I find most of the flavored non-greek yogurts too watery, sugary and not satisfying, with questionable ingredients. I guess I'm alone on that here. Ha!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Best yougurt - homemade, its very easy and helthy ;)