Waist training?

I hear so much about waist training and I'm thinking of trying it myself. I have my first corset coming in the mail today. Is anyone else out there already doing it and if so how's it going. Also feel free to add me. Would love some friends on here to help me along the way

Replies

• appleheadmwa858
    appleheadmwa858 Posts: 6 Member
    Lol thanks
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    A couple of things with waist training:
    • To waist train you need an expertly crafted corset custom made for you. DO NOT try to waist train with a mass produced corset, please!
    • If you are not careful and work on your core musculature in the periods where you don't wear the corset, it can be terrible for your posture and core muscles, as they can get lazy because they have to work less.
    • Unless you do it 23/7 for years, it will make no changes to your body that last when you take off the corset.
    • It will not help you lose weight (if the corset means you are uncomfortable eating, it doesn't fit you right).

All in all, waist training is not a good idea for health. I tend to compare it to having stretched piercings and the like. If you really like the look of it, sure, you can do it, but it takes work, research, dedication to do it right.
  • daflipremix
    daflipremix Posts: 25 Member
    Despite the ads and gimmicks, nothing beats the combination of clean eating, moderate to high intensity training at least 3 times each week, and sleep/rest management in my opinion. Sure it is a longer process and may seem boring, but it works! It's true what they say, abs are made in the kitchen. If you are willing to invest into a healthier and better you, you have to put in work. You get what you put in. Simple as that.
  • Nurse_81
    Nurse_81 Posts: 143 Member
    I have also recently got a waist trainer, I find it quite comfortable and wear it for about 2 hours a day :) I think as long as you don't wear it for too long its ok ?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have also recently got a waist trainer, I find it quite comfortable and wear it for about 2 hours a day :) I think as long as you don't wear it for too long its ok ?

They don't do anything worthwhile. Edit to say they don't do anything at all
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    No, just don't.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I have something similar from when I hurt my back. I wore it daily for weeks when healing. While I looked thinner wearing it and my posture improved I lost no weight and my shape went back to normal when I stopped wearing it.

The flexible back supports are pretty much the same thing as the "sport trainers" so I don't believe the claims of danger or my doctor wouldn't have put me in one. Although if someone misused them I'm sure you could constrict breathing and hurt yourself. That's pretty much the case with anything you misuse or abuse though.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Hope you can return it and get a refund!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    What a great look!! <roll eyes>

kc7gp7v5caah.jpeg
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    I own a waist trainer, but I only wear it maybe once a week on a night out.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    No
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    What is really the point of wearing one of these, besides squeezing yourself into an unnatural shape?
  • RachelCali29
    RachelCali29 Posts: 1 Member
    I wear one while I work out! Traps in the heat to your core. It fits snug so it's not suffocating me at all. More swear to my core!
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    I wear one while I work out! Traps in the heat to your core. It fits snug so it's not suffocating me at all. More swear to my core!

More heat in your core? You mean it makes you sweat? That doesn't do anything but dehydrate you. Where the hell did this idea that sweat = fit come from?