Good News

Options
Well the last 2 weeks I have struggled with my motivation a little. Not that I don't really want to do this but just because I felt like I was treading water. Well today I started off by stepping on the scale and it showed 3 lbs lighter. Terrific start for the day.

Well that was good but when I picked up my son after school I had another mother ask me what I have been doing. She said that I seem to be melting since school started. I was so excited I nearly jumped up and down.

I know it is really hard to start and keep the motivation going. But thanks to all of you and this site. I am finally getting somewhere. If your feeling like you are at that point of giving up. Don't. Refocus and look at what you have done up till then. Then make a special effort to find something that makes you feel good.

Eve

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well the last 2 weeks I have struggled with my motivation a little. Not that I don't really want to do this but just because I felt like I was treading water. Well today I started off by stepping on the scale and it showed 3 lbs lighter. Terrific start for the day.

Well that was good but when I picked up my son after school I had another mother ask me what I have been doing. She said that I seem to be melting since school started. I was so excited I nearly jumped up and down.

I know it is really hard to start and keep the motivation going. But thanks to all of you and this site. I am finally getting somewhere. If your feeling like you are at that point of giving up. Don't. Refocus and look at what you have done up till then. Then make a special effort to find something that makes you feel good.

Eve
  • arothermel
    arothermel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    having people notice your hard work is alway motivation to keep working hard. good job. remember this: no food tastes as good as thin looks and feels!!!
    Keep up the great work
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So right Arothermel ! Congrats to you Eve23, all that hard work is paying off. I finally found an exercise partner. We go walking everyday and now what was a chore is fun and takes no time at all : ) I know it will be easier with someone who wants to lose as much as I do. So happy for you.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congrats Eve!!

It certainly is a great moivation when others see your progress and mention it.
    Hubby said my booty looked tighter and I believed him this time b/c when he gave it a little smack (I know... TMI) it didn't jiggle as much as it used to lol.

I'm Puerto Rican we're known for our tushies and it's kinda hard to slim it down.. well, for me atleast.
    I did not workout at all today and did not go over my 1200 calories.... this is the 1st time!
    I was shocked b/c I woke up with such an appetite.
  • cwalbrj
    Options
    Yeah Eve !!!
    Keep it up - next thing you know it's another 3 lbs and then another 3 lbs. Soon all those other moms are going to want to know what your "secret" is... and you can lead them right here. : )
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    My little Evie!

You really are getting thinner! I know it's tough with your situation, and I am SO PROUD OF YOU ! !

I had to refocus a bit today, too.

I am so happy for you. Stay with us, you are always a sweet presence here on these message boards.

~Cheryl :-)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I was thinking more for those who were needing a little boost than for myself. After all I obviously got a boost today. I am so appreciateive of all of you here and always look forward to seeing all the good things that will come of this work.

Eve