Milk?

Which kind of milk is best to loose weight? Reduced, fat free, soy or almond? And if there is any other kind of milk out there please let me know. Thanks

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    I only use full fat dairy products. Down 21 lbs since March.
  • scottburger104
    scottburger104 Posts: 90 Member
    depends on if you have allergies, or if you count your macros ect. dairy fat isn't bad for you but if you are going paleo you have to use something else, or if you need to cut your fat intake that's an easy place to start. just depends on what your doing.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    I think cashew milk is one of the lowest in calories. I also drink a coconut/almond blend that is good.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Whichever you like best that fits your goals.

^This.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    You want a touch of fat to absorb the vitamin D. If no food with milk, go for at least 1%
    Almond milk is 23 almonds in a container full of water with added calcium carbonate. No protein, real calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin d. All that for over $2. Go figure. The most expensive almonds in the world. Or shall I say, most expensive water in the world.
  • CarolF11
    CarolF11 Posts: 67 Member
    You want a touch of fat to absorb the vitamin D. If no food with milk, go for at least 1%
    Almond milk is 23 almonds in a container full of water with added calcium carbonate. No protein, real calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin d. All that for over $2. Go figure. The most expensive almonds in the world. Or shall I say, most expensive water in the world.

Oh, wow!! Wasn't aware of that!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Full cream cows milk mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I drink a lot of milk, so i mix normal milk with almond milk to help lessen the calories. Plus my skin rebels if i drink too much cows milk.
    If I didn't have to worry about calories or my skin, then i would go with full cream milk 100%.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Whatever you like best. I prefer hazelnut or almond milk. I've never liked cow's milk.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    The only thing about almond milk is it doesn't have much protein in it... But I like soy milk
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I drink use low fat cows milk.

But I agree with the others - it doesn't matter.
    Like any food , as long as it fits into your calorie goal - and milk is not a very calorie filled food, should not be hard to fit any type of milk in, in sensible portion sizes.
  • CarolF11
    CarolF11 Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks everyone! I was kinda clueless about it. I mean there are so many types of milk now. I'm going to look into coconut since I love the flavor.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Full fat creamy
  • Conskill
    Conskill Posts: 29 Member
    Well, let's say you're tracking your calories/macronutrients and there comes a point when you'd like to get a little more dietary fat in, in this case, I would go with full-fat (vitamin D) milk. As an example. Drink the type of milk that best suits what you need macro-wise. If you want to keep fat a bit lower then drink skim milk.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    All coconut milk is a serving of grated coconut expressed with water. >$2 a carton.
    Eat the coconut instead. These "waters" are expensive and offer little nutrition.
    Any protein is added. Same with calcium, vitamin d, etc. For added stuff, you can just take a multi (cheaper). Always read ingredients in things you buy.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    CarolF11 wrote: »
    Which kind of milk is best to loose weight? Reduced, fat free, soy or almond? And if there is any other kind of milk out there please let me know. Thanks

Skimmed milk has the least calorie but tasts like absolutely dog sugar.