2 soft boiled eggs everyday.

Hi lovely peeps. So i need to lose around 20 pounds. I am 5'0 and 22 years old. And with only 20 to lose its harder and a much slower process. Usually i eat one soft boiled egg with white bread and sweetened milk tea. But i am trying to decrease my carb intake.
I wanted to ask, would i gain weight if i eat 2 soft boiled eggs everyday??? Like every single day?? Because i need to feel fuller and one egg with white bread gets me hungry soon enough. Also, how much calories do u guys consume for breakfast??

Replies

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Enter your stats into MFP and choose a half pound a week. Then, log the food you eat. Exercise and you can eat 50%-75% of those calories back. I do recommend weighing your food on a kitchen scale.
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    350 ish. 1 fried egg. 1 English muffin - plain. And two cups of coffee

Usually does it for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    That's only about 140 calories. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose.

It varies. Usually 400-500 calories.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    As for your macros, eat what keeps you satiated. For me, I've found that fiber is miraculous, so no low carb for me. Others find that fats keep them fuller. Others it's protein. Experiment.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    I eat 2 boiled eggs 140 calories almost every day. I also have cups of coffee 140 calories the way I make it and usually fruit or Greek yogurt. Sometimes both. My breakfast is usually 350 - 425 calories and keeps me full until lunch. I don't pay attention to carbs, but I do try to get a good amount of protein every day. As long as you stick to your goal then you will lose weight.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have an English muffin with either peanut butter or an egg, avocado and salsa...both are approximately 300 calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Eggs are fine.

500-700/breakfast
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Just be sure to weigh your eggs, not every egg is 70 cal.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    An egg is only about 70 calories, so you can definitely have two if that's what you like. I often eat one, plus a second with just the whites (and feed the yolk to my fur babies). One egg white is only like 17 calories but filled with protein. You might consider switching the white bread to something with more fiber (whole grain with nuts/seeds for example). The extra fiber will help you feel fuller and is good for you in other ways.

I eat 4 meals a day and try to shoot for about 300 calories for each meal, plus a few very low cal snacks.
  • killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    I'm not going to condone starving yourself but I do want to say that a whole egg, with yolk has a lot of saturated fat and cholesterol!
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    I can eat two eggs every day. Some days I eat oats instead I just started the oats was sceptble about them but not too bad. I'm learning new foods every day.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    All you eat for a full day is 2 eggs and some bread?

Lol. No way!!how am i even going to survive on that??
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    You're fine.
    Just as long as you stick to the calories that mfp gives you (as well as use a digital food scale to weigh all your food and recipe ingredients) you should be fine. There are no 'fattening' foods- you can eat any food you like just as long as you're within your calorie intake for the day. The only way to gain fat is to eat above your personal maintenance calories.
  • idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    80 calories breakfast, either half a cup of bran flakes with 15ml full cream milk, or an apple
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Try Ezekiel ( or a hearty whole grain) bread instead of white too.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    I'm not going to condone starving yourself but I do want to say that a whole egg, with yolk has a lot of saturated fat and cholesterol!

Try Googling US dietary guidelines regarding eggs. They've changed recently. They aren't considered evil anymore. I grabbed this from one article:

"Eggs, which the government had warned against for 40 years, are now considered part of a healthy diet. "Eggs can be part of a healthy eating pattern and people should be thoughtful about including them into a healthy routine," said Karen DeSalvo, HHS assistant secretary for health. Evidence has shown that high levels of cholesterol in the blood are associated with saturated fat from fatty meats rather than eggs, leading to a shift in the government's guidelines."
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm one of those people who needs fiber to feel full (protein doesn't do it for me AT ALL) so I eat steel cut oats every morning, approx 400cal depending on what you add in. I eat about 6:15am and it keeps me full until noon. I have tried eggs but I feel hungry within half an hour, easy.