July (2016) Running Challenge

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Late night last night so no run this morning. Instead I did some strength exercises.

7/1 - 3 miles
    7/2 - Nada

3 of 100 miles completed

exercise.png[/quote]

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2016
    7/1 - 2 miles
    7/2 - 5 miles

7 of 110 miles

exercise.png

@MNlittlefinn why did I think your HM was today? Okay you'll kill it on Monday LOL!
    @greenolivetree the EMTs would have to come and revive me if want through webs and had spiders on me. UGH! Yuck! No! No! I pulled my pool strainer out of the pool yesterday and there was a black widow in it, I wanted to throw up.

Great start to the month everyone. Super job getting out there in the heat!

Skip ran today for the first time with her running Coach. She was away in Europe so they were working together online not face to face. She was wonderful. When Skip and I got in the car to leave she looked at me and said "I can't thank you enough for paying for this. I love her and in an hour learned so much from her". :heart: They ran at the local college so I did some walking I saw them at one point, they were doing drills and I could hear them laughing and having a good time while training. Afterwards she told me that she always wants Skip to love to run, when it's a job and stops being about the love of run she should quit running. She was saying one of our local high school has their kids running twice a day for 100 mile weeks. She just shook her head and said most of their kids never run again after HS because they are burnt out or hurt. :cry:
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    7/1 - 11.5 easy
    7/2 - 5.86 recovery

wssr1vcsu6ub.png
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Day 2: 6.5 miles (3.5 jogging, 3 highest incline on treadmill)

Monthly total/goal: 12.25 miles/ 75 miles (i increased from 50)

got a maybe hike tomorrow and a long one Monday for sure, can't wait!
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    July 2nd - 8.5km (6:37 min/km... 162bpm)
    July 3rd - 3km (5:23min/km...180bpm)

11.5/100km

My garmin is being wierd... can anyone help?
    Its been randomly been deleting steps through the day (Over 4000 before a walk down to 2200 after a walk last Tuesday. 22000 down to 20000 last night and reset from around 2000 back to 0 this morning).
    And when I was running this morning the calories were about 270 after 2.7km and when I finished the run the summary said 230 cals (and thats what its passed onto the website) - my average HR for those kms was a lot higher than yesterday but the calories/km are less than slower/lower HR splits from yesterday... :s
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    My 200 miles will likely be 0.

36hrs of hell
    Just got out of the hospital. I originally went to the quick care. But my condition was rapidly deteriorating even on the drive over. I got to skip the packed waiting room. They wisked me away. My entire body hurt and it was extremely hard to breathe. They send me to ER by ambulance (1st) and by that point I feel like I'm going to pass out laying down and I'm thinking the end is near. Docs start doing a bunch of stuff. After blood tests, they determine I have Rhabdomyolysis. That was surprising. They hooked me up to a ton of fluids and within 15 min I could stand and felt a hell of a lot better. I spend the night there (need the IV). Then a funny story, around 6am, I woke to the nurse telling me that my heart rate was 29bpm and she gave me Pseudoephedrine to hopefully speed it up. LOL. I then told her that I was a distance runner and it's usually in the 30s. We both laughed
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

36hrs of hell
    Just got out of the hospital. I originally went to the quick care. But my condition was rapidly deteriorating even on the drive over. I got to skip the packed waiting room. They wisked me away. My entire body hurt and it was extremely hard to breathe. They send me to ER by ambulance (1st) and by that point I feel like I'm going to pass out laying down and I'm thinking the end is near. Docs start doing a bunch of stuff. After blood tests, they determine I have Rhabdomyolysis. That was surprising. They hooked me up to a ton of fluids and within 15 min I could stand and felt a hell of a lot better. I spend the night there (need the IV). Then a funny story, around 6am, I woke to the nurse telling me that my heart rate was 29bpm and she gave me Pseudoephedrine to hopefully speed it up. LOL. I then told her that I was a distance runner and it's usually in the 30s. We both laughed
    CONTINUED How did this happen?
    All I can think of is the house flooding on the 30th. I was bailing buckets and pushing water for hours. My adrenaline was high so i didn't really realize how hard i was pushing myself. It was extremely strenuous. That alone would likely be ok. But earlier that morning, I did a 2h hike on the TM at 15%. Which was also extremely strenuous. Early the next morning, I felt flu like symptoms. Unable to eat, drink enough and sleep, extreme fatigue and weakness. So i was definitely deficient in several things going into the docs that evening. Which multiplied my problems. So it was a combination of things. I'm alive though so all is good!
    RUN FOR ME!
  • skippygirlsmom

36hrs of hell

@robotfood holy *kitten* I just read what that is. Are you okay? What are you going to have to do for that? I never even heard of it. I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • ROBOTFOOD

36hrs of hell

@robotfood holy *kitten* I just read what that is. Are you okay? What are you going to have to do for that? I never even heard of it. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thank you! I'm feeling much better now! At the hospital, they pump a ton of fluids in you. Now that I'm out, I can't do anything for weeks. Eat, drink, rest. That's it. I have some follow up blood work appointments too. But if I start to feel different, I have to go to the ER.
  • skippygirlsmom

36hrs of hell

Thank you! I'm feeling much better now! At the hospital, they pump a ton of fluids in you. Now that I'm out, I can't do anything for weeks. Eat, drink, rest. That's it. I have some follow up blood work appointments too. But if I start to feel different, I have to go to the ER.

@robotfood sounds like they caught it early. Glad you are feeling better. :smile:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2016
    @ROBOTFOOD Glad you are doing better! Order some pizza and put on Super Troopers. I'm so glad you sought medical help.

Edit: my charity miles go to you.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    @ROBOTFOOD :o:'(<3 Looks like we need to donate more miles!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    @ROBOTFOOD glad you're doing better.

On a different note, it's now been more than 24 hours since I've had caffeine. Goal is none until Monday. The Gu Rocktane gel I have should really give me a boost after this little spell
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Brans34 wrote: »
    7/1 - 4.81 miles

7/2 - 2.58 miles

Running total: 7.39