40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Happy Canada Day to all of my Canuck friends!

Yesterday I did a great hill workout. Walked at 3.6-3.8 mph, varying between 2-9% incline for an hour. It felt wonderful. Will definitely be incorporating more hill workouts into my regime.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Championship + Sudden Death OT"=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    HAPPY JULY!!!! What are your goals for this month? For myself, started a new 12 wk bodybuilding program. Nutrition wise, stop the dieting and focus on eating healthy and all I need to sustain my workouts.

Beeps, i didn't think the post was current but it's still a good picture. How are you doing?

Gam, I keep saying "you are an animal!!" Great pics!

Have a great weekend!!
  • gam3rguy
    alf1163 wrote: »
    HAPPY JULY!!!! What are your goals for this month? For myself, started a new 12 wk bodybuilding program. Nutrition wise, stop the dieting and focus on eating healthy and all I need to sustain my workouts.

Beeps, i didn't think the post was current but it's still a good picture. How are you doing?

Gam, I keep saying "you are an animal!!" Great pics!

Have a great weekend!!
    thanks!
    just banged out some shoulders at the gym! I also bought ...a bucket! gonna load it with weight plates and practice for the "bucket brigade" at the next Spartan. it's at Blue Mountain! did it last year and it was a MONSTER!!

HAPPY 4th!!!

• gam3rguy
    sxkhpg5c5fgu.jpeg
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Did 116k of biking this long weekend. 100 on my own and 16 today with the younger two. Victoria has amazing bike paths! Eldest made it to the gold medal match of provincials tomorrow so i will be putting some of those biking calories to celebratory food and drink if they win! :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hiking with the dog after mowing the lawn. 90 minutes of pushing the mower then 6 miles up and down in the woods.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Weight will probably be up tomorrow from DOMS water weight
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    I am doing greats Alf....working, lifting, walking....all of it. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    My goal this month is get below 140 lbs...so close I can taste it (142.2 ish - had three different scale readings this morning, so went with the middle one).

Started off strong today by paddling 1 hour and 50 minutes with a friend (we did take a break 1/2 way through, but it was 1:50 of paddling as the break wasn't included in the time) for about 4.95 miles. Got to burn off the chocolate ganache cake I ate this past week for my mom's 83d birthday. Nice to have one crazy day once in a while, but time to get back to working it off.

All you folks motivate me so much with all your work outs! Thanks for always posting what you are up to!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi All.

@Beeps2011 - so pleased to hear you are back lifting. You sound wonderful! Congrats on your 16th anniversary . Great picture. :)
    @gam3rguy - freaking awesome pictures! Congratulations on completing the race!

Was away from mfp for the week as I had friends from California visiting. Busy time.
    He is one of my friends from running camp, so we ran 4x together while he was here. Had to run 12 miles today...on my own. :( it was a long, hot, slow run, but I got it done.

Wishing all my American friends a happy 4th tomorrow. It is also Miss Esme's 5th birthday tomorrow. She has asked that all the "ladies" wear dresses to her party. <3 She is such a princess. lol.
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 X Trainer"=Done!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    Happy 4th of July to all (lol)...and Happy Independence day to the US folks! Plan to paddle again today with my friend, but probably not as long. We're prepping for a race later in the month. Enjoy the holiday if you have it off, and otherwise Happy Monday!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    70 minutes of legs- ouch.
  • gam3rguy
    so, don't think I posted it, but yesterday I practiced "bucket brigade" and "farmer's walks" with my new buckets (ended up getting a second)..."Harley" & "Kori"! yes, I named them! BOOYAH! started at 30#...ended at 85# for bucket brigade! kept it at 30#each for the carries (between BB rounds).

today...Chest & Tris...freestyle, cuz the gym was MAD packed! :s

• gam3rguy
    thanks sdereski, I think I may now be addicted. signed my dumb @$$ up for the Battlefrog! :open_mouth:
  • CGJM75
    CGJM75 Posts: 4 Member
    I am 41, and a working mom of two. Would love to join the group. Looking to live healthier, gain energy, and lose some weight in the process. Have lost 20 using MFP, with about 15 more to go. Feel free to add me :D
  • MichaelaSheppard
    MichaelaSheppard Posts: 96 Member
    Hi, i'm 43. So far i've lost 100lbs with roughly 30lb still to go. I've just got in to HIIT workout and running with my first half marathon in Disneyland Paris in September