• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2016
    7/1 - 2 miles
    7/2 - 5 miles
    7/3 - 3 miles

10 of 110 miles

exercise.png

I was going to take a rest day but Skip and I decided to go to the greenway. She walked Macy while I ran a few miles. She is running in the Independence Mile race tonight so didn't run with me. Saw a BIG snake it was a good 4 foot long laying across the greenway. ugh. One lady was carrying on "I'm never running here again" LOL

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Just setting my goal - back down to 75 miles since I will be back in Orlando and the heat. :cold_sweat: Waiting at the airport now and catching up.

@ROBOTFOOD - oh my gosh - hope you are feeling better. That sounds so scary.

7/1 - 5.23 miles in Washington
    7/2 - 3.7 miles in Washington with perfect temperature.
    7/3 - flying home all day - no running.

• Carrie0920
    Carrie0920 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    I am in for 155 miles for the month of July. :smiley:

exercise.png
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    July
    2Jul - 8k
    3Jul - 6k

Another slow one, definitely the right thing to do for a couple of weeks until I get back into it and my fitness back up.

@ROBOTFOOD take care of yourself, that sounds awful.

@kristinegift hope your phantom cold goes - I hate it when you get the symptoms but know it environmental.

exercise.png
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Early June I ended up getting pneumonia, so my goal kind of went out the window. (Run/walk 30 miles)
    I have been back at it for a few weeks now and I have done some slow intervals, which have been going well!
    I have been doing about 2-3 miles at a time of running/walking combined, so I think I am going to go for 45 in July!

And one question.. Maybe this is silly considering how much down time I have had the last few months and how out of shape I am.. But there is a local half marathon/5k coming up September 24. And I kind of got the idea it might be fun to walk/run the half!!
    The earliest date that the run trainer app will let me set as my "race date" is two weeks later than the actual date. I know I would be pushing it.
    I have not found any information about a cutoff time, but it looks like they had 30 runners last year, and they had pretty good times. (Wayyy faster than my time could possibly be anyhow!) So I'm guessing they would be waiting on me at the end.
    I know it would be challenging, but is this way too out there to accomplish in less than 3 months?? Should I shoot for the 5k instead and wait until next year to attempt the half?
  • skippygirlsmom
    Early June I ended up getting pneumonia, so my goal kind of went out the window. (Run/walk 30 miles)
    I have been back at it for a few weeks now and I have done some slow intervals, which have been going well!
    I have been doing about 2-3 miles at a time of running/walking combined, so I think I am going to go for 45 in July!

And one question.. Maybe this is silly considering how much down time I have had the last few months and how out of shape I am.. But there is a local half marathon/5k coming up September 24. And I kind of got the idea it might be fun to walk/run the half!!
    The earliest date that the run trainer app will let me set as my "race date" is two weeks later than the actual date. I know I would be pushing it.
    I have not found any information about a cutoff time, but it looks like they had 30 runners last year, and they had pretty good times. (Wayyy faster than my time could possibly be anyhow!) So I'm guessing they would be waiting on me at the end.
    I know it would be challenging, but is this way too out there to accomplish in less than 3 months?? Should I shoot for the 5k instead and wait until next year to attempt the half?

@tresaaswegan glad you are feeling better and back. I would contact the race director and check on a cut off time. 30 runners in a HM would make me leary if I wasn't planning to run the whole race and if my projected time was 30 mins or more slower than the last finisher from last year. That being said if this was a HM that had more people and times were "slower" I would tell you to run/walk it. We had local HMs here that people walk the entire 13.1 miles. My neighbor is an interval runner with her longest (before her HM) being 6 miles. Her first HM was 2:45ish and she did intervals the whole time. I think in the case of this specific race I would do the 5K and find yourself a HM that has more participation and times that would be more inline with where you think you would be. You want your first HM to be an awesome experience or you won't want to do another.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Wow, seems we are dropping like flies at the moment!

@ROBOTFOOD That sounds incredibly scary, glad to hear you're on the road to recovery now. I hope a month off doesn't drive you completely insane!

@kristinegift Hope you feel better soon. It's usually those 'head colds' that are the ones that really knock you for six.

@TresaAswegan Personally, if you are looking at last year's times and think they aren't something you can keep up with, then it's probably not the race for you. I'm sure you'll find a larger event which will be much better, as you won't be alone at any point and will have much more support, facilities etc :)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Got in a humid 5 miles today. Wanted 6 but the little hills I had on my route were aggravating my piraformis and I run out of gas and struggled to get in the 5 I did. I need to be better abut my strength training so I don't end up injured again. Maybe Tuesday I will get the 6.

7/1 - 0 mi - 0 mi
    7/2 - 0 mi - 0 mi
    7/3 - 5 mi - 5 mi

Races :
    6/11 Run and Ride 5K Cedar Point - Done
    7/10 Debbie Hudacko 5 mile ? Nope. Not gonna do it.
    10/8 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #1
    11/5 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #2
    12/3 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #3
    12/11 Santa Hustle Half Marathon Cedar Point
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    @ROBOTFOOD - Glad you are ok. How terrifying, but a little funny about the low heart rate.

@kristinegift - Hope you feel better soon.

@skippygirlsmom - Skippy's coach sounds amazing! We have been very lucky with J's hockey coaches making sure the kids are having fun while teaching them better skills and that play harder because of it.

@Stowshew71 - Loved the pictures. Thank you for continuing the challenge and for sharing your knowledge.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    @ROBOTFOOD : glad you are on the mend. Keep hydrated, my friend!
  • turquoise_elephant
    turquoise_elephant Posts: 83 Member
    I'm just getting back into it, so I'll go for 20 miles - a stretch but not impossible :blush:
  • skippygirlsmom
    @kimlight2 she is a professional runner who came to this country to run for the University of GA I wish she was her high school coach and she could train with her full time. Once school starts on 3 August she can no longer coach Skip because of high school athletic rules. :disappointed:

The company she works for is holding a race tonight. It's to raise money for the one of our local college T&F/XC programs. It's a straight up 1 mile dash. It's 96F (36F) right and the race is in 3 hours, I hope it starts to cool down.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    @ROBOTFOOD - Glad you're going to be okay. It's scary just reading about what you went through, don't know how you deal with living through it.

@louubelle16 - I agree, it's sad to see so many people having various problems interfere with their running. I guess I dropped like a fly in May; but like the common house fly, I'm coming back. :smile: I hope everyone else is able to come back, too.

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    @MNLittleFinn ... Excellent shirt choice ... have a great race!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Got out in the drizzle and ran 5 miles around the neighborhood/rail trail. I don't know how to screen shot my times, but my splits got progressively slower, from 10:49, 11:12, 11:47, 12:14 ...all the way down to 12:51 on my last mile (granted, a long uphill for part of it and a stop to cross a busy street). I want to start training myself to get faster as my run progresses, not slower. Do I do that just by slowing down my first couple miles, or what?

There is a 4th of July 5K tomorrow that I'd planned to sign up for but forgot. Now it's looking like we may have thunderstorms. If I wake up and the weather is ok I might go do it, but if not, at least I got out today.

exercise.png