It's Working!!!

spicy618
spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
Hi all,
I orginally posted this in the wrong area I think...

I introduced myself about 2 weeks ago. I came here because I have been exercising and watching what I eat for months and finally weighed myself to see the exact same number I started

I decided to record my calories so that I can see where I was going wrong... late night snacks

After reading many topics and posts here of useful information I decided to buy a HRM (polar F4). My first workout showed me I was working out at an average Heart rate of 180s... I should be between 117 and 153. At My Target heart rate I was sweating, but it was easier and therefore made me feel i can keep going

I walked today a distance that my HRM as burning 647 calories. In the past my pedometer showed this at about 350 calories.

Sorry for the long read....

My point is.... I've lost 2 POUNDS in my first week!

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Some of the ladies here have had great success... Please share with me some of the routines or diets you have used or using. I need some new ideas so i don't get bored.

About the Heart Rate Monitor.... It seems my cardio is less difficult at my maximum rate than it was when I had no idea where it was. What damage am I actually doing when I exercise over my maximum heart rate? I can't remember reading the answer here.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Replies

• spicy618
    Hi all,
    I orginally posted this in the wrong area I think...

I introduced myself about 2 weeks ago. I came here because I have been exercising and watching what I eat for months and finally weighed myself to see the exact same number I started

I decided to record my calories so that I can see where I was going wrong... late night snacks

After reading many topics and posts here of useful information I decided to buy a HRM (polar F4). My first workout showed me I was working out at an average Heart rate of 180s... I should be between 117 and 153. At My Target heart rate I was sweating, but it was easier and therefore made me feel i can keep going

I walked today a distance that my HRM as burning 647 calories. In the past my pedometer showed this at about 350 calories.

Sorry for the long read....

My point is.... I've lost 2 POUNDS in my first week!

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Some of the ladies here have had great success... Please share with me some of the routines or diets you have used or using. I need some new ideas so i don't get bored.

About the Heart Rate Monitor.... It seems my cardio is less difficult at my maximum rate than it was when I had no idea where it was. What damage am I actually doing when I exercise over my maximum heart rate? I can't remember reading the answer here.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • Congrats! I'm excited for you!! Wooooo hooooo!:smile:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Keep up the great work! Try not to eat past 6 PM. (Some nights I am hungry so I eat 1 portion of rice cakes with decaf Tea or water. It satisfies me.) In regards to heart rate... contact your Physician, a fitness trainer... Blood pressure also has to be considered. Good luck and keep getting healthy! :wink:
  • spicy618
    Thank guys.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    of course it's working silly! Did you think we were lying to ya? :flowerforyou: congrats keep it up! :drinker:
  • spicy618
    of course it's working silly! Did you think we were lying to ya? :flowerforyou: congrats keep it up! :drinker:

You're too funny. Wow you have lost so much, you should be really proud of yourself. COngrats on your wedding:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member

You're too funny. Wow you have lost so much, you should be really proud of yourself. COngrats on your wedding:flowerforyou:

Thank yoooooooouuuuuuuu :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :drinker: Great job!:bigsmile:
  • spicy618
    :drinker: Great job!:bigsmile:

Thank u Fitness Chick. You have done Awesome... you have some advice? :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is so great, keep up the great work you are doing amazing.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    I was told by several trainers that if you go too far above your target heart rate you go into anaerobic exercise which is not good for your heart. The ranges set up for you keep you in fat burning and aerobic workout zones. Congrats on your loss!!!! :flowerforyou: You're doing great!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • spicy618
    Thanks Amy, good info. to know.

Thanks Laura.... I can't wait till my ticker starts looking like yours ;)
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Congradulations.... KEEP GOING!

I started the changes in my life feb. 08 and have lost 45-53pounds so far. Now Im fluctuating. Being at my 1/2 way mark makes it a lil bit harder but I did get out of some of my old but good habbits and Im workin my way back into those habbits.

I use WATP(walk away the pounds DVD's) They are great! I can walk 3-8 miles at once. Since Jan.1 I have walke 48 miles. NOT COUNTING TODAY! IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN!

DONT GIVE UP AND KEEP PUSHING!
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    I never stay within range on my HRM! I'm suppose to stay around 144, but I usually max out at 175-180! I feel better at that rate. If I were to stay around 144, I'm not sure I would feel anything happening b/c I'm not a sweater much anyway. I actually break a good sweat at 175 or so. Never thought about that, but maybe something to consider:ohwell: Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • spicy618
    I never stay within range on my HRM! I'm suppose to stay around 144, but I usually max out at 175-180! I feel better at that rate. If I were to stay around 144, I'm not sure I would feel anything happening b/c I'm not a sweater much anyway. I actually break a good sweat at 175 or so. Never thought about that, but maybe something to consider:ohwell: Congratulations:flowerforyou:

Hey clewless look what I found on Anaerobic exercise, that is what you do when you go above your target heart rate like Amy said.

Anaerobic Exercise

The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to energy pathways that are utilised during exercise. Aerobic means "with oxygen" and anaerobic means "without oxygen".

Fat needs oxygen to burn completely so in order to burn fat during an exercise we need to move slowly and smoothly. This enables muscle cells to be supplied with enough oxygen to continue with its aerobic capacity and utilize fat as the main energy source.

Anaerobic exercise requires moving at an increased pace or with greater effort. Exercising this way burns more calories but results in a greater demand for oxygen which cannot be delivered in sufficient quantities to allow cells to continue burning fat. When we breath heavy we start to develop an oxygen debt and muscle cells switch to burning mainly carbohydrates, this fuel burns quickly and does not require oxygen.

here is the website where I found it:
    http://www.weightlossforall.com/anaerobic training.htm
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Thanks Amy, good info. to know.

Thanks Laura.... I can't wait till my ticker starts looking like yours ;)

you are most welcome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!