Here we go again!

Hllo!! I'm a new user from Canada. This is the first I ever try a site like this and i think it's great. I am so glad I found it!! well this is my story: I've always been slightly overweight, but the worst part about it is that whenever I make efforts to lose weight, I usually do, but the i always gain it all back. I am certain that the reason is I've always lost weight the way I study the night before an exam of a course whose assigned readings I don't even know author of ( I cram! or in diet/fitness terms,,, I CRASH diet :embarassed: ). (NB: I am a university student, hence my university humour). Anyway, this is my last semester, and just as i am determined to finish the year strong on an academic level, I also want to graduate feeling good about myself in all respects. Last year, I would say, was my most successful attempt at losing weight the healthy way... the only problem was I let the stress of the school year get the best of me. This time I will learn from my mistakes, and from my successes. I know what to do right, just as well as I know what I did wrong. Hopefully having other friends on this site will help me reach my goals in terms of motivation. I want to be at a healthy weight by the time I graduate. If anyone else shares my experience (being a student and dealing with that sort of stress) or has any other kind of advice i could use, please send it my way. I want to make as many buddies as I can. :) Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Replies

• Dorita
    Dorita Posts: 4
    Hllo!! I'm a new user from Canada. This is the first I ever try a site like this and i think it's great. I am so glad I found it!! well this is my story: I've always been slightly overweight, but the worst part about it is that whenever I make efforts to lose weight, I usually do, but the i always gain it all back. I am certain that the reason is I've always lost weight the way I study the night before an exam of a course whose assigned readings I don't even know author of ( I cram! or in diet/fitness terms,,, I CRASH diet :embarassed: ). (NB: I am a university student, hence my university humour). Anyway, this is my last semester, and just as i am determined to finish the year strong on an academic level, I also want to graduate feeling good about myself in all respects. Last year, I would say, was my most successful attempt at losing weight the healthy way... the only problem was I let the stress of the school year get the best of me. This time I will learn from my mistakes, and from my successes. I know what to do right, just as well as I know what I did wrong. Hopefully having other friends on this site will help me reach my goals in terms of motivation. I want to be at a healthy weight by the time I graduate. If anyone else shares my experience (being a student and dealing with that sort of stress) or has any other kind of advice i could use, please send it my way. I want to make as many buddies as I can. :) Hope to hear from y'all soon!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Just wanted to say hi and welcomet to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Welcome:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hi and welcome to mfp, you will do great, you can do it!!!!!!!!
  • :flowerforyou: Hi Dorita! Welcome! I, too, am new to the site (joined yesterday) and have been where you are. I'm slightly older than you, but have the same ambition, to get healthy and feeling good about myself. I'm an "emotional eater" and stress definitely sabotages my efforts....no, let me rephrase that, I LET stress sabotage my efforts, as does boredom and a whole host of other things. Like now, for instance, I'm at work, don't want to be and want desperately to walk the office looking for "goodies" ("baddies" where my hips and butt are concerned!!!). Instead, here I am, babbling to you and hoping that the urge passes. I'll be turning 40 in June and want so desparately to be at a good, healthy weight.....better late than never! I applaud you for taking these steps sooner than I did. I know that you can do it and I'll send prayers and strength your way!! If you ever find yourself needing someone to "babble" your way out of a pig-out - feel free to email me! cmsdives@verizon.net

Good Luck!

Carla

132196.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Dorita
    Dorita Posts: 4
    Thanks everyone for your welcoming messages. Carla, I will definately keep you in mind. I am also a stress eater. And its a bit of a vicious cycle. When I get stressed, or depressed I stop caring about my health, and then I get even more stressed and depressed about the poor state of my health. It's terrible really. And I mean I really shouldnt let the little things ruin my life. I welcome you too, and I look forward to getting to know you better. :) We'll get through this!
  • Definitely - we will get through this together!! Email me if you want my phone number - happy to share it for those times when email isn't quick enough! :laugh: