40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    thanks sdereski, I think I may now be addicted. signed my dumb @$$ up for the Battlefrog! :open_mouth:

It's a healthy addiction. IMO anyway. :)
  • sdereski
    Granddaughter's bday party this evening, so no workout for me. Rest day after my 12 mile run yesterday. Have also been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so no cake for me! :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    Got a nice 75 minute paddle in with my friend, and we did about 3.6 miles (more than we thought). Super hot today, so it was great to be on the water for a bit of it. Celebrated with a red and blue Slurpee afterwards...too many empty calories, but so worth it for a quick treat on Independence Day!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    So the dojo was closed this weekend so I jogged! Just to clarify I don't run or jog. I jogged to my mom's and only slowed to a walk 3 times for half a block or so. Coming home I kept jogging the while time. It was a10 minute mile (ran 1.5 Mike's in 15 miles in 15 min). So no great shakes on time, but for my first ever jog I was pretty happy.

The dojo is open tonight and they have a new class at 7, it's a mix of kick boxing on the heavy bag and focus pad work. Assuming I don't fall asleep it should be good!

@sdereski, impressive! 12 miles is no where near in my future, which is ok.

@gam3rguy, nice job! Not sure I'd ever sign up for any of those.

@CGJM75 , well done.

@MichealaShepard, great job.

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Granddaughter's bday party this evening, so no workout for me. Rest day after my 12 mile run yesterday. Have also been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so no cake for me! :)

[awwwwww, that sucks, re: celiac. But the granddaughter bday party sounds super-fun!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Happy 4th of July to USA neighbours!
  • sagefemme1
    sagefemme1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am 54, gained weight in the last 5-6 years , Always been a skinny chick until now. Am definitely Menopausal now ☹️
    Any tips or suggestions to help my progress?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Upper Elite"=Done!
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Hello, I'm Josette a 45 year old mom of 3 sons and my hubby is my rock! I have to get about 40 pounds off and I'm interested in joining the group. Please let me know how
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    @sagefemme1 , it's hard to get the weight of in menopause, but weight lifting and building muscle mass helps.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Arms and shoulders today. I think I am getting weaker.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am on vacation this week! Not going anywhere, just taking some time off from work. I had a 4-mile run yesterday and also did DB365 for strength. Today I plan to take a long walk and do some more DB365. I kinda like this working out twice a day thing. :smile:
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Back, arms, and abs today then 30 minutes of sprints- 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off. My legs are shredded from yesterday but the running still felt good.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    True!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Today's DB365 was a kickboxing workout, so I couldn't resist. I love kickboxing!

Also walked 9 miles, without sunscreen, and now I have a lovely sunburn.
  • sdereski
    10km training run done. Beat the BFH today! First time this year. Yay me! :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Power Legs"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Hello everyone, I just got back from a 8 day cycling holiday! Back to the gym today for an hour guess I will be sore tomorrow ;)
  • anniewhitley
    anniewhitley Posts: 6 Member
    Hey!!!! Sounds like where I need to be. How do you join though? Need to lose about 60 lbs. I'm 47 and sometimes really lacking in motivation. Would also love some Fitbit friends! Anniewhitley@me.com.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Heading to body pump class today. Not much exercise this past weekend unless floating on a tube in the lake counts. ;)
    Have a great workout!