"Onederland"

rankinsect
rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
Well, I started losing weight about a year ago, when I was about 320 lb - I think I had gone higher earlier in that year but I didn't weigh in at the time.

Today I just broke under 200 lb for the first time in 15 years, and only for the second time in my adult life :smiley: I'm right now just on the border between overweight and obese, but soon I'll leave obesity behind for good too!

And all of this was just calorie restriction, nothing special. I eat basically the same kinds of foods I always ate, including fast food and "junk food", I just plan my meals the night before and make sure my calories work. Beyond that, I just track protein and recently added in tracking fiber for GI reasons.

I have been more active, but apart from the 150 minutes I work out per week, most of my increase in activity has been a result of, not a cause of, weight loss. As I've gotten more fit, I found I really enjoyed being outdoors and doing outdoorsy things, now that I no longer feel tired and crappy after a few minutes of exertion.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yay you!!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 105 Member
    Congratulations!!!!
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    What a great success! You have reason to feel very proud :)
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Onederland!!! That is incredibly awesome...enjoy!
  • pldavis10
    pldavis10 Posts: 67 Member
    Amazing achievement! Congratulations!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Terrific! Well done!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Right On!! Congratulations.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    I always find your posts interesting, informative, or funny -- sometimes all three. Congratulations and best wishes for your continued success.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Congrats!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    That's fantastic, congratulations on this milestone!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Just as I was thinking you had been a little quiet lately you pop up and surprise me with this!
    Ever so well done. Dead proud of you and love your positive input on the forum.
    <3<3

Cheers, h.
  • rankinsect
    I always find your posts interesting, informative, or funny -- sometimes all three. Congratulations and best wishes for your continued success.

Always glad to find people that appreciate my somewhat odd sense of humor :smiley:
    Just as I was thinking you had been a little quiet lately you pop up and surprise me with this!
    Ever so well done. Dead proud of you and love your positive input on the forum.
    <3<3

Cheers, h.

Yeah, I've been traveling a decent amount lately, so I haven't been haunting these boards as much.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words :smiley:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Oh, did you do your mountain journey? I can't remember which you were wanting to go to K2, Anapurna? If so I need a pic.

Cheers, h.
  • rankinsect
    Oh, did you do your mountain journey? I can't remember which you were wanting to go to K2, Anapurna? If so I need a pic.

Cheers, h.

Kilimanjaro, and no, not yet. Hoping to get that in next year, just debating if I should aim for the spring or fall season.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!