Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    I heard this today from ‪#‎grantcardone‬ on one of his podcasts, and it really resonated with me. In so many ways I give excuses. Mild ones, but excuses none the less. Usually centered around "it's not in the budget", and sometimes followed by "I don't have the time."

Yet, I can look at plenty of activities I do that are not producing what I need, to be successful in my fitness and nutrition, as well as create wealth, so that I can more easily afford to invest in myself more, but secure my family's future.

Its time for a change. I need to start producing more solutions and less excuses. Do you feel the same way?

rouy7g5jn7ns.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Navallez wrote: »

What :neutral: I weigh over 300 lbs...that's alotttt of water

That would be about 18oz an hour for an 8 hour day. You can do it. You might need a portable bathroom though :D

• MikePXstream
    The past few days I've gotten a good dose of what my wife goes through everyday. Take this kid here, take this kid there, pick up so & so's friend on the way, and on and on. Helps me appreciate more what she goes through.
    At least I know my kids are engaged with activities which will help them to make better decisions as the get older and hopefully stay out of trouble.

7g17wj2zyx2h.jpg
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    The past few days I've gotten a good dose of what my wife goes through everyday. Take this kid here, take this kid there, pick up so & so's friend on the way, and on and on. Helps me appreciate more what she goes through.
    At least I know my kids are engaged with activities which will help them to make better decisions as the get older and hopefully stay out of trouble.

7g17wj2zyx2h.jpg

Yep! No kidding! I was never so happy as when my oldest started driving, bought a car, and now taxi's herself around (and sometimes the other two!). LOL
  • jedwards92286
    jedwards92286 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello! I'm a single mom with a 6 year old daughter, and I work about 50 hours a week. It's been a rough road. But there's always a rainbow on the other side :)
  • MikePXstream
    Hello! I'm a single mom with a 6 year old daughter, and I work about 50 hours a week. It's been a rough road. But there's always a rainbow on the other side :)

Welcome!!!
  • letlovegrow89
    letlovegrow89 Posts: 18 Member
    Mommy of three feel free to add me :) life is always crazy at my house haha.
  • MikePXstream
    Mommy of three feel free to add me :) life is always crazy at my house haha.

Welcome to the other crazy house! ;)
  • MikePXstream
    Past few mornings have been busy. My dogs have been slightly annoying my neighbors lately, so I have been putting up a short fence to give my dogs a designated area, opposite of my neighbors. I have been wanting to do this anyway, because I hardly have any grass left. So working out, manual labor, and then my regular job I am pretty tired. In a good way of course. I even have my oldest and youngest helping me out. Summer fun!
  • MikePXstream
    How are you doing this summer? Are you kids out of school yet? Probably are by now. My kids were done the last week of May, so we have been on the go no stop since then. With Soccer camp, gymnastics camp, cross country, track, running club. Yikes! I don';t know how we get it all done! Crazy. I have been off my game a little bit, but will be back on track soon!

What about you?
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2016
    Off my game and trying to get back on. So crazy busy with three teens all running different directions this summer! Between that and managing an acre of land, animals, garden, etc. - it's busy. Had some new blood work done b/c I think my thyroid may be tanking a bit again. :( Here's to a new day though.
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Single dad here just looking for as much support as i can get. From NY. Good luck to everyone
  • originalbelle2
    originalbelle2 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a mummy to an 11 year old daughter. Add me please :)
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I'm a mom of two daughters, ages 7 and 14. Add me too!
  • lindaz10
    lindaz10 Posts: 44 Member
    mummy of 3.. Feel free to add me.
  • MikePXstream
    Just finished watching the American Ninja Warrior All Stars episode with the family. Man I love that show. We all do. Nothing like seeing these athletes do the unimaginable to re-inspire and get you pumped.

I'm gearing up to do another round of my most recent favorite program. 60 days of weights and functional training. I had great results this last time and I want to improve on that.

I love this feeling. Who would like to join me?
  • chloerobinson697
    chloerobinson697 Posts: 1 Member
    What do you all find the hardest to manage, exercise or nutrition? Please share. Ready, GO!

Definitely exercise. I'm making progress with eating better but still falling behind when it comes to exercising. You'd think running after my one year old and four year old boys would do it, buy I just find that I'm too tired. The energy levels are getting better now that I'm eating better but I have a long way to go. My goal is to lose 50 pounds this year, and so far I'm on track, losing 4 pounds this last month. Just need to stay focused and motivated.
  • MikePXstream
    What do you all find the hardest to manage, exercise or nutrition? Please share. Ready, GO!

Definitely exercise. I'm making progress with eating better but still falling behind when it comes to exercising. You'd think running after my one year old and four year old boys would do it, buy I just find that I'm too tired. The energy levels are getting better now that I'm eating better but I have a long way to go. My goal is to lose 50 pounds this year, and so far I'm on track, losing 4 pounds this last month. Just need to stay focused and motivated.

I know what you mean. My girls are 14 & 12 now, and my son is 7. With us all in running club, it is even harder for me to keep up with them now. Nutrition is huge though. You need that fuel to keep you going. Many times I did not eat enough and felt totally wiped out. I'm glad to hear youare on track. If I can assist in any way, please let me know.
  • MikePXstream
    Alright, it is official. I have registered for the NASM Certified Personal Trainer course/certification. I'm a little nervous. I'm gonna have to put myself back into school/homework mode.

This is a big step for me. I have been talking about this for the past year and a half, but kept finding reasons not to start. Well, I have no choice now. This is an investment in me, so I can continue to help even more people with their health and fitness, which I have been passionate about for the past 3 years or so.

Wish me luck!

s602iz2lny4r.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Happy Hump Day! Got my workout in this morning. Was a little rough, but generally is after a holiday for me. Started reading my NASM CPT book. Official class start date for me is the 19th. So exciting!

What are you all up to?
This discussion has been closed.